CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
A statement from Jodi's brother was sent out via the FB group.

Part of it:

Our family now remains completely helpless, time goes by and yet we still know nothing of what happened to Jodi. Another holiday season has come and gone, and once again without Jodi, leaving something missing where Jodi's happy attitude and energy use to be. There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think about Jodi, and how completely helpless my family and I are in the face of all this. All I can do, as I have many times before, is ask that if anyone does know something, please come forward. Even if it seems like the most useless piece of information, please come forward, it may very well be the key to ending what has already gone on much too long.

Thank you very much for all of your support so far, it really means a lot to my family and I, making the entire situation at least slightly less bleak.

-Rob James Henrickson

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95190201036

Anyone with information should contact the General Investigation Section at Squamish Detachment 604-892-6100 or contact Crimestoppers.

If you wish to remain anonymous please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. They are open 24/7. You do not have to give your name, address, or your telephone number. You do not have to testify in Court. A cash reward of up to $2000.00 will be paid for any information which leads to an arrest and charge.

41815_95190201036_1695_n.jpg

What a sad case. Seems like LE were on the right track concluding their 95% chance but why can't they close the deal? I'm sure 9 hours of interviews would have been hard but why would they stop there? Why didn't they keep the pressure on? I think LE are on the right track when they conclude something happened b/t 630 and 830 but do not know why they are concluding things were covered up in the next few hours. Reports say she wasn't reported missing until Wed., over 4 days after 630am on the Saturday. Did GA know when her parents expected her back? Did anyone else at the party? Seems to me if they did know when her parents expected her back they would have had up to 4 days to deal with their problem. That would give them plenty of time. Also, when did GA's dad go check the excavators? That would have had to have been well after the Wednesday. Sure maybe the excavators could not have been used Saturday morning without someone knowing, but what about Sunday through Wednesday? Where was GA Sunday through Wednesday?

I get the impression LE are not taking this seriously enough and giving up. Seem obvious what happened, they just need to prove it.

Hope they crack this case soon.

Where's Jodi Henrickson?

After a house party on Bowen Island, a teenaged girl disappears. Months later, a missing-persons case becomes a homicide investigation. But without a body, police are unable to lay charges.

BY NEIL BOYD PUBLISHED JAN 11, 2011

A nice long feature!

http://www.vanmag.com/News_and_Features/Wheres_Jodi_Henrickson?page=0,0

Very good writeup. So she was last seen at 6:30. And it was stated that the body may have been moved. What if we have accomplices after the fact? Lots of time between last seen and when people were really looking.

It is a great writeup and something just seems very fishy here. It seems to have all the characteristics of cases that makes getting justice for the victims hard. Small town, close knit, larger population of summer visitors but few "year rounders", victim wasn't from the area/suspect was, many days before reported missing. It's a very big island. I'd imagine most kids that grew up there knew their way around the backwoods pretty well. Bet there are alot of trails for ATVs and dirt roads. I don't know why they are focusing on GA's alibi for the Saturday morning - he needs an alibi for 3-4 days.

Also, how did Jodi get to the island? Did she drive a car and if so what happened to it? Was it found and where was it? If she didn't drive a car there, who did she come with? If she came with someone what were they doing the next day? Who is running the investigation - local LE or BCPP?

It is a great writeup and something just seems very fishy here. It seems to have all the characteristics of cases that makes getting justice for the victims hard. Small town, close knit, larger population of summer visitors but few "year rounders", victim wasn't from the area/suspect was, many days before reported missing. It's a very big island. I'd imagine most kids that grew up there knew their way around the backwoods pretty well. Bet there are alot of trails for ATVs and dirt roads. I don't know why they are focusing on GA's alibi for the Saturday morning - he needs an alibi for 3-4 days.

Also, how did Jodi get to the island? Did she drive a car and if so what happened to it? Was it found and where was it? If she didn't drive a car there, who did she come with? If she came with someone what were they doing the next day? Who is running the investigation - local LE or BCPP?
Actually Bowen Island isn't that big - just under 4 miles wide and just under 8 miles long. Approximately 3,500 full time residents and summer residents 1,500 or so. RCMP would be running the investigation of Jodi's disappearance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowen_Island

Understood it is not a huge island, but it is big in the context of the population. Around 19 square miles for 3500 people is very lightly populated. I read in the report an expert from SFU talking about how bodies are almost always found within 50-100 feet from a road. In this case I sure hope they did not limit themselves to that. Given the time frame b/t her disappearance and when she was reporting missing (4 days), common use of 4X4's and ATVs on the island, combined with potential local's knowledge of the trails, if she met foul play she could be anywhere. Those factors could lead to disposal site beyond what is typical. Did they sufficiently grid search the island in the initial 2-3 weeks when a surface disposal could be readily discovered? How can they be sure GA did not have access to excavators?

It just so happens that his dad is co-owner of an excavating company, one of the island's larger employers. I am adding a link that was posted in a previous post - it is very informative especially page 8 talks about how this guy knows how to operate an excavator.
Where's Jodi Henrickson? http://www.vanmag.com/News_and_Features/Wheres_Jodi_Henrickson?page=0%2C0

Right, this is what I am talking about the time frame. On p.8 is says

"After the police informed him of their suspicions, Randy Arnott said he went to check the condition of his excavators. Gavin knew how to operate them, and could have used one to bury Jodi deep in the ground. Two of the excavators were in residential areas, and it would have been impossible to use them without detection; three others were at Randy's crushing pit in the Twin Islands' rock quarry. There was simply no possibility of digging there. But one excavator was up in the woods; Gavin could have used it without being noticed. Randy went up to check, and said he was relieved to see that the machine had not been touched. "

The thing is, the police would not have been able to inform RA of their suspicions until at least day 4, Wednesday, at the earliest. So RA's "check of the conditions" would have had to have been 4+ days later. It could have been up to 7 days later, assuming LE did not inform RA of their suspicions until after the 9 hour interview/questioning with GA. But even if it was 4 days later, RA's "check" is unconvincing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords
Back