CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back to interviews with Israel Keyes. He travelled through BC from Alaska to the US. When asked about Canadian victims, he laughed and said something about them being so easy it wasn't worth discussing.

Good thinking, Otto. It reminds me of the McCanns who were never found but just the burned remnants of their motorhome in northern Alberta. I wonder if the person stole a vehicle from the other victim and left him by the side of the road.

Good thinking, Otto. It reminds me of the McCanns who were never found but just the burned remnants of their motorhome in northern Alberta. I wonder if the person stole a vehicle from the other victim and left him by the side of the road.
My current theory. Bearded suspect in Lucas and Chynna murders knows his vehicle has been described. He needed another. Sleeping travelers in roadside rest areas could be fairly easy targets, especially if area is remote. JMO

My current theory. Bearded suspect in Lucas and Chynna murders knows his vehicle has been described. He needed another. Sleeping travelers in roadside rest areas could be fairly easy targets, especially if area is remote. JMO

If he (?) needed another vehicle, he wouldn't have torched the camper truck.

Maybe he would have if the boys were witness to his taking the other deceased male's vehicle. Maybe to keep them from following or to destroy some evidence. Maybe he tried to take their truck first. I realize I'm speculating and probably reaching (big time) in an attempt to connect all these crimes.

He would if there was evidence of murder in the camper.

Yes, but not stolen as an alternate escape vehicle as was suggested. I wonder if the camper was operable. Could be it broke down, or overheated and caught fire, and the boys caught a ride somewhere with vandals setting the camper on fire. (Not that I really believe that.)

L & C were murdered on the night of July 14/ morning of July 15

K& B were last seen on Thursday July 18 driving south of Dease Lake.

So their grey & red camper wasnt the grey pickup associated with the bearded man confronting L&C.

There’s about 300 miles between the two incidents

So who is the dead man and what vehicle was he driving?

Last edited:
Maybe he would have if the boys were witness to his taking the other deceased male's vehicle. Maybe to keep them from following or to destroy some evidence. Maybe he tried to take their truck first. I realize I'm speculating and probably reaching (big time) in an attempt to connect all these crimes.

Yes, lots of unknowns still. Did the unknown deceased person have a vehicle or was he hitching a ride with the two boys? Depending on his algae, if he was 18 or 19 odds are he was someone riding along with them.

I wonder if the two boys were actually sighted or was it only their vehicle? If they were heading to Whitehorse why were “they” seen travelling south?

“Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, were driving a red and grey Dodge pickup truck outfitted with a sleeping camper. They were travelling to Whitehorse, Yukon, to look for work. They were seen travelling south before the vehicle was discovered. Police said it’s not clear why they returned to B.C. or what their travel plans might be.

The two young men, both from Port Alberni, have not been in contact with their families for several days. It’s possible they are in an area without cell coverage, said Dawn Roberts of B.C. RCMP communications....”
Port Alberni teens missing after truck found on fire in northern B.C.

What if he stole the camper from Kam & Bryer hundreds of miles back, say south of where Lucas & Chynna, stashing the bodies of Kam & Bryer much farther south.

Half a days drive past the couple’s murder he decides to steal another vehicle, kills the driver, and attempts to destroy hia fingerprints & possible DNA in K& B’s camper.

So who is the dead man and what vehicle was he driving?

The route, Hwy 37 from Port Alberti toward Whitehorse which the boys apparently took doesn’t pass by Laird Hot Springs where the couple’s bodies were found on the Alaskan Hwy. It joins up further north at Watson Lake.

The route, Hwy 37 from Port Alberti toward Whitehorse which the boys apparently took doesn’t pass by Laird Hot Springs where the couple’s bodies were found on the Alaskan Hwy. It joins up further north at Watson Lake.

Thanks, after looking more closely at the map and the timelines, the boy’s red & gray camper couldnt be the gray picked the bearded man had, as the boys ( K&B) were last seen 3 days after the couple’s murders.

Amended my original post to correct this error

So their grey & red camper wasnt the grey pickup associated with the bearded man confronting L&C.

<rsbm>

The witness had reported that the bearded individual was driving a grey car, not a pickup.

ETA: This is interesting/curious ... not ONE Canadian MSM is referring to a "grey car". It's all UK and Australian papers making that reference. Am wondering if that is just cookie-cutter journalism.

Last edited:
Yes, but not stolen as an alternate escape vehicle as was suggested. I wonder if the camper was operable. Could be it broke down, or overheated and caught fire, and the boys caught a ride somewhere with vandals setting the camper on fire. (Not that I really believe that.)
I wish I knew more about trucks. I think a Dodge RAM 250 c 1992, like this one, is diesel. With a camper on top, they are surprisingly valuable in Canada, where people love to go camping off-road, plus the gas is so cheap. Tim Bosma was murdered for his $25,000 10 year old diesel Dodge Ram.

This doesn't appear to me to be a throw away vehicle like the van. Whoever set fire to it didn't care about its value. I also wonder how two such young men could have afforded it, or did they borrow it.

ETA: the police state plainly the young men themselves were seen in Dease Lake, to me that says they're on video camera, which also shows their truck turning south. This is one aspect of RCMP press release language, they never state something as fact, unless they have proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm