CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been adapting to RCMP "speak" for several months now. And to their lake of sharing info, for whatever reason.

I think it's just their rules and they see it as being professional. RCMP function as the FBI in Canada, but also provide local police services where governments want to contract them. It's highly centralized, everyone is trained centrally, officers are usually moved around to various communities as they climb the ladder.

There is a Petro-Can in Dease Lake:

Petro-Canada
For any kind of supplies, including groceries and alcohol, visit the neighbourhood Petro-Canada on Hwy 37 at the entrance to Dease Lake. Unfortunately, now that the Tanzilla Pub looks like it is closed for good and now up for sale, there really isn't anywhere to eat besides the Petro-Canada.

petro_canada_01_188.jpg

Hopefully they have cams and perp will show up on them.

Speaking of highway cams, trying to recall how long those replays are available. With so little traffic, hopefully LE will be able to hone in on those that may be relevant.

I wish I knew more about trucks. I think a Dodge RAM 250 c 1992, like this one, is diesel. With a camper on top, they are surprisingly valuable in Canada, where people love to go camping off-road, plus the gas is so cheap. Tim Bosma was murdered for his $25,000 10 year old diesel Dodge Ram.

This doesn't appear to me to be a throw away vehicle like the van. Whoever set fire to it didn't care about its value. I also wonder how two such young men could have afforded it, or did they borrow it.

ETA: the police state plainly the young men themselves were seen in Dease Lake, to me that says they're on video camera, which also shows their truck turning south. This is one aspect of RCMP press release language, they never state something as fact, unless they have proof.
EXCELLENT Point!

This would be a really useful rig there. Someone could paint out the grey and change it’s appearance

Makes no sense that someone would torch it unless they really really needed to get rid of evidence.

The guys should have shown up by now if the fire was accidental.

There is a Petro-Can in Dease Lake:

Petro-Canada
For any kind of supplies, including groceries and alcohol, visit the neighbourhood Petro-Canada on Hwy 37 at the entrance to Dease Lake. Unfortunately, now that the Tanzilla Pub looks like it is closed for good and now up for sale, there really isn't anywhere to eat besides the Petro-Canada.

petro_canada_01_188.jpg

Hopefully they have cams and perp will show up on them.

Speaking of highway cams, trying to recall how long those replays are available. With so little traffic, hopefully LE will be able to hone in on those that may be relevant.
Yes, "They were last seen travelling south from the Super A general store in Dease Lake at around 3:15 pm on Thursday July 18, 2019." RCMP in British Columbia - Update - Police seek public assistance in Dease Lake investigation

Super A runs the Petocan: got this from gmaps, can't remember how to upload a screenshot.

This is from the Lucas & Chynna murders thread

Texas murder suspect jumped the border into Manitoba: RCMP

He’s got something of a beard in one photo. Could have driven to the Dease Lake area in a day or two.

Something to consider if these criminal activities can be linked together
And here are the specifics I posted there about this guy.

Info on him from the link:
*Crossed on June 24.
*He's likely to be carrying a gun.
*He's likely to be traveling with a large mixed breed dog.
*He's from North Dakota but wanted for a murder in Texas.
*The victim in Texas was killed by blunt-force trauma.
*He abandoned his vehicle to cross the border (it was found) and was most likely
picked up by someone and driven to Winnipeg.
*He's considered armed and dangerous.

Possibly he is traveling but would have to have been supplied with or bought/rented/stolen a vehicle. It's about a day's distance from Winnipeg to the area of BC where Lucas and Chynna was killed, and that's by highway. Also up route 97. All FYI fellow sleuthers...some things to ponder in these confusing and possibly connected cases of murder and missing.

Nothing has been released about the cause of death of the man at the rest area, which was 2 km from the burning truck.

I should say, I don't believe RCMP are inept. I personally believe they're much farther on in these cases than they reveal in the press releases. They just aren't telling everything they know, for tactical reasons. They never say anything that isn't strictly necessary to the purpose of the press release. I am fascinated by this, and try to read between the lines, translate RCMP-speak to try to discern the bigger picture.
As a BC resident myself, I believe there are some new laws in effect, which allow for less information to be given out by law enforcement in such cases. It is frustrating. Recently, a known criminal in my area died under suspicious circumstances, and absolutely no information was given out, even the name of him in any releases or obituaries! I only heard about it through the local grapevine. It does a disservice to the public for LE to be so hush-hush to the extreme sometimes.

I think it's just their rules and they see it as being professional. RCMP function as the FBI in Canada, but also provide local police services where governments want to contract them. It's highly centralized, everyone is trained centrally, officers are usually moved around to various communities as they climb the ladder.
I just now see your post, after I put my own post with comments re. the RCMP :)

Older social media for the boys. Not much there.

Kam McLeod

Bryer Schmegelsky

Not much content on either FB. Which makes BS’s reference to guns/bullets stand out a little :(

Though of course there’s no suggestion of a link to the ‘gun violence’ death of LF and CD. And no info about cod of the man near these guys’ van.

By Amanda Connolly
Lengthy article.
Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.
"What are the points of interest?

Northern B.C. is a remote area of the country with limited cell service in some parts and police spread across a large region of territory.

Both the bodies of Fowler and Deese and the van of the two young men were found along two separate stretches of highway with few interconnecting points between them. Both Highway 37 and Highway 97, the Alaska Highway, dissect from a common starting point between Upper Liard and Watson Lake, very small communities just north of the Yukon border with populations numbering in the hundreds."

Forestry and mining account for much of the business there.

Both towns are part of the territory of the Liard First Nation.

Highway 97 and Highway 37 are the only two routes for travellers looking to get to Alaska or the Yukon from B.C.

3ibza_connolly_northern_bc_map.png

Neither are part of the Highway of Tears, the infamous stretch of road running east-west from Prince Rupert to Prince George that has been the site of many high-profile murders and disappearances for decades.

Fowler and Deese were found dead about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs on Highway 97.

McLeod and Schmegelsky’s van was found south of the Stikine River Bridge, about 50 kilometres south of Dease Lake on Highway 37.

The unknown body was found two kilometres away from the van near a pull-off from the highway."

Not much content on either FB. Which makes BS’s reference to guns/bullets stand out a little :(

Though of course there’s no suggestion of a link to the ‘gun violence’ death of LF and CD. And no info about cod of the man near these guys’ van.

Facebook doesn't seem to appeal to 18 - 25 year olds. Snapchat is more common.

I’m trying to recall a case where teens were missing on a road trip and no-one who knew them or had met them expressed concern for their whereabouts or wellbeing (especially with a crazed killer/s on the loose in the vicinity they were last seen).

And where no information was given about dates they left home/were expected back, etc.

Trying to catch up. Horrendous storms just went through and no power or cell service. Missed the presser and had to drive 5 miles to find a signal. Thanks for all updates I’m getting from all of the latest posts.

Seems there are beards everywhere in these cases. American criminal who crossed the border illegally as well. Any connections reported? Any warnings?

Trying to catch up. Horrendous storms just went through and no power or cell service. Missed the presser and had to drive 5 miles to find a signal. Thanks for all updates I’m getting from all of the latest posts.

Seems there are beards everywhere in these cases. American criminal who crossed the border illegally as well. Any connections reported? Any warnings?

No known connections. Currently treating as two separate cases. (Surrey guys not mentioned).

Not sure whether the warning about staying at designated campsites and being on guard was from the presser.

Spokespeople either didn’t know or couldn’t remember pretty much anything about anything, especially the two missing teens.

Ever get the feeling of Deja Vu?

Do we know how far the vehicle was found from where they were last seen at 3:15? It might give an idea of what time they would’ve arrived in that area and so what time whatever happened happened. It seems like a one in a million shot that the nearby body and their burning truck are not related in some way. Has there been any mention of anything recovered from their burning vehicle? Keys, cell phones, wallets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum