CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he'd end up dead, way up in Dease Lake. Was he an outdoorsy type?

Same with the guys from Surrey: since there's no mention of Search and Rescue, there's no reason to believe they went out fishing or hiking. If they're urbanites, there's not many reasons to go to Logan Lake. Maybe real estate, or maybe drugs?

Whereas the teens in their camper truck were from a small town in the boondocks, were probably quite comfortable in the wilderness.

Yes he was outdoorsy. He fished apparently. It was also said he had an airstream trailer at one time, that he would live in it behind the Plaza Hotel (but he also lived on the third floor of the empty building and used the basement - fire started in bsmt.) and that at one time he had it parked at a farm. He was also really good with his hands, carpentry I believe.

IF it was him and we don’t know the COD yet I would say suicide or possibly he died of injuries incurred in the attacks on his victims. MD has been missing since May and that fire was arson. It’s a long shot.

The Surrey men have been missing for days and from what little info that has been shared there hasn’t been mention of where they were heading - if Logan Lake was their destination. It could have been farther north.

Kam and Bryer weren’t updating their location and were supposed to be in Red Deer so maybe this fugitive from Texas(?) who was spotted in AB stole the men’s truck in Alberta (and they are missing, presumed dead there).

There's 5 million people live in BC, the cases can't all be related!

ETA: Last summer 3 men about the same age, in 2 separate cases, went missing on Vancouver Island on the same day. People were convinced they must be connected, but they weren't.

Yes BC is big and vast. I doubt the Surrey guys are in any way related but perhaps the other incidents just because of the normally low rate of crime up there...

<modsnip: off topic>

The question the reporter asked was all about these details, but what the officer said, dismissing the question, was that family hadn't recently heard from the two.

It's up to the family whether they want to share that info, and their thoughts and feelings, with the media. The police cannot share personal, private, stuff, they can only state the essential descriptions, and the facts about why they are concerned enough to ask the public for help finding them.

Absolutely. Apologies if it appeared I was referring to the presser or to the police. I was thinking more about how public appeals are often made directly through social and MSM by people seeking help to find their missing persons.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-centre-of-2-northern-b-c-mysteries-1.5221041

Schmegelsky's father, Al, described the pair as "best friends" who met in elementary school. They recently graduated high school and had just spent five weeks working at Walmart.

He said the boys found the Walmart gig, which was the their first job, to be disappointing, so they decided to head off on a trip in search of greener pastures.

"They're just kids on an adventure. They're good boys," he said.

Sounds like someone is traveling stealing one vehicle after another. Murdering those in the way.
Maybe in the case of these 2 teens. You make a good point though.

But no vehicle appears stolen after Lucas and Chynna were murdered. Seems that killer had his own vehicle then. Perhaps the need to change vehicles afterwards prompted what happened to the teens and mystery deceased male. JMO

What if..the killer of Lucas and Chynna has the two teens with him after torching their truck. Perhaps he has taken them and the vehicle from the older murdered man. Perhaps they are prisoners. MOO
Hopefully as that would mean they are still alive. If it's the same person, he's already killed 2 young people. Nothing to deter him from killing again, unless there is some need for the teens. What? He's injured and unable to drive? He needs someone knowledgable (are they knowledgeable) of the area? I'm trying to think of some reason.

One thing though, LE is on the lookout for the killer and now also on the lookout for the teens. This seems to make it more likely to be caught with 3 with all the attention. IMO

Kam-Bryer.jpg

Bryer Schmegelsky (left) and Kam McLeod (right) were reported missing after their camper van was found burnt out on Friday and their families lost contact with them, according to police.

campper.jpg

A red and grey Dodge pickup truck and sleeping camper driven by Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky was found abandoned and on fire south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37 on Friday. An unidentified male body was found nearby at a nearby highway pullout.

Teens now missing in Canada days after Australian man, North Carolina woman killed along remote highway

Hopefully as that would mean they are still alive. If it's the same person, he's already killed 2 young people. Nothing to deter him from killing again, unless there is some need for the teens. What? He's injured and unable to drive? He needs someone knowledgable (are they knowledgeable) of the area? I'm trying to think of some reason.

One thing though, LE is on the lookout for the killer and now also on the lookout for the teens. This seems to make it more likely to be caught with 3 with all the attention. IMO

I was just trying to think of some way the teens might still be alive and not lost somewhere. I shudder to think they might find them deceased when they find the first car from the Lucas and Chynna murder scene.

I was just trying to think of some way the teens might still be alive and not lost somewhere. I shudder to think they might find them deceased when they find the first car from the Lucas and Chynna murder scene.

What has me perplexed — if the two boys were robbed and murdered, why wouldn’t the perp have left their bodies in the truck before it was set on fire? Where are they? Why hide their bodies but leave the third man dead, lying near the road at a rest stop where he’d be easily spotted, especially if it’s his vehicle that was stolen as the getaway vehicle?

190722203547-dease-lake-investigation-sketch-exlarge-169.jpg

While investigating the fire, police discovered the body of a man more than a mile away. Authorities released a composite sketch of the man to assist in confirming his identity.

He was described as a Caucasian with a heavy build, 50-60 years old with gray hair and a bushy beard, between 5 feet, 8 inches and 5 feet, 10 inches tall.

Canada highway: A slain couple, a mystery corpse and two missing teens stoke fears - CNN

From your link -
“It is unclear at this time how this deceased male might be connected with the vehicle fire or the two missing men," RCMP spokesperson Dawn Roberts said in a news release.”

One thing I’ve noticed is the approximate date of death of the deceased male is not mentioned in any of the news reports.

What has me perplexed — if the two boys were robbed and murdered, why wouldn’t the perp have left their bodies in the truck before it was set on fire? Where are they? Why hide their bodies but leave the third man dead, lying near the road at a rest stop where he’d be easily spotted, especially if it’s his vehicle that was stolen as the getaway vehicle?

Perhaps an attempt at a hostage strategy to secure more funds, but this seems unlikely as there seems to have been zero info on what the boys' current status is.

I thought at first their vehicle was also used to get away. No need for 2 extra passengers. Dispose of them and use the vehicle for a bit. But this is difficult to make fit since they were seen driving their own truck in that area the day before. Can't find mention of who saw them though. Surveillance or eye witness?

Last edited:
I can't see the boys having much money as the father stated their first job was Walmart and they only worked five weeks IIRC. It doesn't seem likely they would even have a credit card, unless their parents gave them one to use. I wonder when the last time their bank cards were accessed, wouldn't that be good to know?

That can be removed correctly? And used on another vehicle? How much time would that take though. Stranger and stranger these cases are becoming. JMO
the camper section can be taken off and be a stand-alone unit. it takes a good amount of time so if you’re camping, you usually just leave it on the truck. these campers come in a few lengths either for short box or long box trucks. my guess is this is a long box truck so camper would be 8-10 ft long? i don’t believe you would be able to just throw it on a standard length p/u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod