CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting what the press release leaves out. A man is dead, but the release isn't asking for information about him, or witnesses to the circumstances of his death.

The press release is worded as though police believe the young men are alive. No suggestion of Search and Rescue out looking for them in the area, or looking for bodies in the river. But if their campertruck was on fire, where did they go and, importantly, how did they go?

I certainly hope this is cleared up fast, without any more bodies being found by the side of highways.
i get the sense based on what was released that the police are not admitting it, but they are treating the two teens as fugitives wanted in connection to the murder.

Because the camper is very non-descript and not what most people would spend time noticing, as they do the make, model, and color of vehicles. If the perp killed two men for this piece of plastic, then he would have obscured the "BIGFOOT" labels on the head, side panels, and probably the back of the unit.

But I still think it would be pertinent information, and this is just MOO. What if someone has a friend who just recently showed up with a "new" camper and has a somewhat wish washy excuse for how he came about possessing it? Just seems like it could generate a tip that could help. Maybe not the tip that breaks the case wide open, but it can potentially point in the right direction.

i get the sense based on what was released that the police are not admitting it, but they are treating the two teens as fugitives wanted in connection to the murder.

That's an interesting thought. The two teens would have been very helpful in removing the camper and transferring it to another vehicle.

I've wondered how two young men who worked at Walmart for 5 months have been able to afford that vehicle, and maintain fueling it. It could be good for smuggling stuff, like drugs. Store them all in the camper and then transfer the camper to another unit. They are from a seaport area (Port Alberni on Vancouver Island).

Could there be a drug smuggling side to this? And all that would have nothing to do with the murders of Lucas and Chynna.

But then there's Occam's Razor

The RCMP hasn’t confirmed the deceased 50-60 year old found by the rest stop died by homicide. Neither of the teens seems to fit the description of the person LE is interested in speaking with regarding the murder of LF and CD. But you’re right, it appears LE believes the two are simply missing and it’s not been stated their disappearance is believed to be a result of foul play, even considering the burned out truck and missing camper.

One (highly unlikely) explanation could be the boys were not travelling alone, there were others whom they knew travelling in a separate truck. The motor blew on their truck, so the camper was removed, truck torched, camper placed on the truck and they are all presently living off the grid, having no idea their disappearance is front page news or that a body of a deceased individual was found nearby.

The RCMP hasn’t confirmed the deceased 50-60 year old found by the rest stop died by homicide. Neither of the teens seems to fit the description of the person LE is interested in speaking with regarding the murder of LF and CD. But you’re right, it appears LE believes the two are simply missing and it’s not been stated their disappearance is believed to be a result of foul play, even considering the burned out truck and missing camper.

One (highly unlikely) explanation could be the boys were not travelling alone, there were others whom they knew travelling in a separate truck. The motor blew on their truck, so the camper was removed, truck torched, camper placed on the truck and they are all presently living off the grid, having no idea their disappearance is front page news or that a body of a deceased individual was found nearby.

There would be no need to torch the vehicle. It could be parted out for some $$ to a car yard. Likewise the camper could be sold, too.

But there is enough out there from LE that they would have been found by now.

My theory--all just MOO--is that the man found dead is not related to the disappearance and is likely a homeless man or a transient, especially given the lack of confirmation his death was a homicide.

I also don't think the boys are fugitives, though I have a sickening suspicion that they may have encountered one. This case reminds me of one that happened back home in NC in a couple of years ago. A man was killed for his vehicle by a man on the run from the law. He was kidnapped at his mailbox and driven to a separate location, where he was killed. The suspect then continued driving the truck he had stolen.

Based on the comments about how hard it is to attach a camper alone, I think the perp they encountered may have forced them at gunpoint to move the camper onto his vehicle to disguise his own vehicle. He then may have driven off with them. Sadly, in that scenario, I doubt they were dropped off unharmed or held hostage for an extended period of time. :(

All MOO.

My theory--all just MOO--is that the man found dead is not related to the disappearance and is likely a homeless man or a transient, especially given the lack of confirmation his death was a homicide.

It could be an unattended natural death. LE hasn't said how long they felt he was deceased, nor the method, as you mention.

For a natural death, you'd expect his vehicle to be somewhere nearby. And that does not appear to be the case.

LE has the pertinent information, we're just speculating. But having published a drawing of him, I think his death must have been quite recent, and LE has enough concern that he is related to at least the K&B disappearances.

the RCMP always give very vague descriptions of deaths “targeted homicide” or “foul play is not suspected”. the deceased unID’d gentlemen wasn’t given any variation of these. i don’t think we will get any more info either. morbid..but he was intact enough to have a composite sketch done

Neither of the teens seems to fit the description of the person LE is interested in speaking with regarding the murder of LF and CD.

Except that that person of interests may well have nothing to do with the murders. Or the description could be be bad. Eyewitnesses often screw up
descriptions, it is one of the basics covered in criminology 101. Unless a person is trained to look for details and note them accurately they are often very unreliable.

The highway worker who drove by is as afar as we know the only source. She says glasses -- but many not glasses. also from the press conference the Sgt who was the public information officer noted that people should not be talking to others before they talk to the police since second recounting is almost always less accurate - and she may have been referring to the highway worker not telling cops first.

Now sure that guy could be described accurately and could be the killer even though no weapon, no fight was seen by the passing highway worker, but the possibility he is not isn't excluded at all.

the RCMP always give very vague descriptions of deaths “targeted homicide” or “foul play is not suspected”. the deceased unID’d gentlemen wasn’t given any variation of these. i don’t think we will get any more info either. morbid..but he was intact enough to have a composite sketch done
Often these are just overlays of a direct photograph. In any case it is likely the sketch of the deceased individual is orders of magnitude closer than the sketch from the fleeing view a highway worker not trained for getting and retaining detail would have helped provide.

That that single dead individual may not be related to the case is possible, but that is a heck of a coincidence.

I think by now they might know if he has accelerant or burns related to the truck fire, or fired firearm residue on the hands. At least one news report says he had burns, but the reporter or editor maybe mixing that up with the truck being burned.

especially given the lack of confirmation his death was a homicide.
LE probably already have a good idea if his death was likely natural or natural, although I can think of several reasons why they would delay relaying that to the public. The ME can tell the cops what he/she finds, thinks, provides educated guesses on as he/she goes along, but releasing that publicly would be a nasty problem if toward the end of the coroner's investigation a different finding occurs.

I also don't think the boys are fugitives, though I have a sickening suspicion that they may have encountered one. This case reminds me of one that happened back home in NC in a couple of years ago. A man was killed for his vehicle by a man on the run from the law. He was kidnapped at his mailbox and driven to a separate location, where he was killed. The suspect then continued driving the truck he had stolen.

Based on the comments about how hard it is to attach a camper alone, I think the perp they encountered may have forced them at gunpoint to move the camper onto his vehicle to disguise his own vehicle. He then may have driven off with them. Sadly, in that scenario, I doubt they were dropped off unharmed or held hostage for an extended period of time. :(

All MOO.

i've also gotten the feeling that the unidentified deceased man is homeless/transient...just pure speculation with no ID on him, the big beard, lack of anyone coming forward so far, etc. I mean obviously there can be other explanations for those things but my first thought was a drifter.

i've also gotten the feeling that the unidentified deceased man is homeless/transient...just pure speculation with no ID on him, the big beard, lack of anyone coming forward so far, etc. I mean obviously there can be other explanations for those things but my first thought was a drifter.
I think with the proximity of two miles out of thousands of miles area roads and timing (if police thought time of death was substantial different than when the two men were in the area I think they would not have had them in same press conference). so it is possible unrelated but I would say that is lesser possibility.

I think with the proximity of two miles out of thousands of miles area roads and timing (if police thought time of death was substantial different than when the two men were in the area I think they would not have had them in same press conference). so it is possible unrelated but I would say that is lesser possibility.

I find it somewhat odd that they are remaining mum on his cause and manner of death. Maybe it's just their standard procedure and they basically were forced to confirm CD's and LF's because it had been leaked and reported in the Australian press...Or maybe they really still are trying to determine if the man's death was in fact a homicide. Hm hm hm idk. thinking out loud again per usual ;)

Maybe even a hitchhiker riding with the teens. So how did he end up dead and the boys missing. This is one big head-scratcher.

I find it somewhat odd that they are remaining mum on his cause and manner of death. Maybe it's just their standard procedure and they basically were forced to confirm CD's and LF's because it had been leaked and reported in the Australian press...Or maybe they really still are trying to determine if the man's death was in fact a homicide. Hm hm hm idk. thinking out loud again per usual ;)
I'm with you on this. I've been following a few cases out of BC, since January, and it's just the way it is with RCMP. They don't give many PC's or updates...or info. I've accepted it. Their country, their rules.

Another thought is until they ID him, maybe they don't want the info out there. Telling a family about their deceased relative may go along with telling them COD at the same time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo