CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos show missing B.C. teens' burned truck; remains still not identified
image.jpg

A burned truck discovered off a northern B.C. highway is shown on Monday, July 22, 2019. Image 1 of 6
image.jpg

A burned truck discovered off a northern B.C. highway is shown on Monday, July 22, 2019. Image 2 of 6

Last edited:
I can't see the boys having much money as the father stated their first job was Walmart and they only worked five weeks IIRC. It doesn't seem likely they would even have a credit card, unless their parents gave them one to use. I wonder when the last time their bank cards were accessed, wouldn't that be good to know?
Maybe at the general store where they were supposedly seen the day before.

Police continue search for missing Port Alberni teens after body, burned truck found

Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, both of Port Alberni, have been missing since Friday, when they were last seen heading south from the Super A general store in Dease Lake, B.C.

can someone with more experience tell me... that massive gash in the back of the cab, would that be done by the heat of the fire, or would that have to be from impact?
I think its from removing the cab without any caution as to avoiding damage to the underlying vehicle.

I don't get this at all...... the vehicle is worth far more than the camper is..

And NEITHER is worth murdering two young men for

But it's a very very cold calculation to steal the camper to put onto your own pickup to avoid detection of your vehicle. Very very cold and ruthless to kill for this 20 year old plastic shell

Last edited:
There is a chance that the teens , upon encountering someone further north, have been forced to partake in something against their will, with threats against loved ones if they donot comply.

Alternatively , perhaps they are wherever the camper unit is located...

Yes, you can move it onto another vehicle of similar size, but you would really have to have 2 people to do it.
I thought so. Kind of the point of my question. Wonder who removed it? when? and why?

ETA Could they have sold it? Just the day before they went missing and the truck was burned? How weird would that be?

That can be removed correct? And used on another vehicle? How much time would that take though. Stranger and stranger these cases are becoming. JMO

Yes, you extend the poles on the front & back and remove the secure bolts & straps, then drive the vehicle out from underneath it. Then you can add it to another vehicle with the same dimensions to the bed, by backing the truck underneath it and securing it. I think one person could do it but it would be much faster with a second person.
s-l1600.jpg

campper.jpg

I thought so. Kind of the point of my question. Wonder who removed it? when? and why?

Good questions. What I'm wondering about is if the truck was burned, but the camper was not located with the truck then how come all these media reports and LE statements don't make any mention to be on the lookout for the camper or an actual description of the camper itself (not just the truck)?

On this link is a podcast of the Charles Adler Tonight Show. The reporter was present for Monday’s press conference and speaks of the frustration of the media who were present because the RCMP haven’t given out more details.

But what surprised me most, at about 8:50 into the podcast, is that police did not confirm the unidentified man found near the burning camper died by homicide.

Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.

the camper section can be taken off and be a stand-alone unit. it takes a good amount of time so if you’re camping, you usually just leave it on the truck. these campers come in a few lengths either for short box or long box trucks. my guess is this is a long box truck so camper would be 8-10 ft long? i don’t believe you would be able to just throw it on a standard length p/u.
That doesn't look like a 10ft long bed truck to me.

It looks like a regular cab with a 6 foot bed.

image.jpg

A burned truck discovered off a northern B.C. highway is shown on Monday, July 22, 2019. Image 1 of 6
image.jpg

A burned truck discovered off a northern B.C. highway is shown on Monday, July 22, 2019. Image 2 of 6

I was not expecting the truck to look like that at all. Up until these pictures, I had only seen the vehicle before it was burned and damaged. That looks like it must have been burning for a while. It also looks like the truck was parked in such a way as to hide it. I don't know why but I thought it was found in a parking lot. This, for me, makes this case a lot more ominous as to what actually happened.

Yes, you can move it onto another vehicle of similar size, but you would really have to have 2 people to do it.

Really odd.

Now, the truck is covered in rust and pale grey ash. Its roof is dented and the camper that was on the back is gone...”

One reason a truck camper might be removed is if employment was found and the camper became a living residence. But by now I’d think the immediate area would’ve been thoroughly searched. I’m not sure about mining but there’s likely forestry work in the area.

Last edited:
I was not expecting the truck to look like that at all. Up until these pictures, I had only seen the vehicle before it was burned and damaged. That looks like it must have been burning for a while. It also looks like the truck was parked in such a way as to hide it. I don't know why but I thought it was found in a parking lot. This, for me, makes this case a lot more ominous as to what actually happened.

If one of the legs of the camper was not secured properly upon attempting to remove it, would the weight of the camper alone be capable of causing such a deep, sharp dent in the vehicle roof like that? The damage seems to have taken a lot of force, but I can't think of how or why it would have occurred.

I was not expecting the truck to look like that at all. That looks like it must have been burning for a while.

It also looks like the truck was parked in such a way as to hide it. I don't know why but I thought it was found in a parking lot.

This, for me, makes this case a lot more ominous as to what actually happened.

Oh, I agree completely! I think these two young men have been murdered.

This is someone willing to kill two young men and for a 20 year old piece of plastic with some cupboards inside. The extent to which this perp went to steal it tells me a massive amount about their need to deceive vehicle description reports, and to have a means to hide out for a while.

To me, this makes it far more likely this was the same guy that murdered Lucas and Chynna.

Very cold and calculating.

I think gas station footage and CCTV footage will be extremely important to figure out what the vehicle is. Note the "Bigfoot" logos on the head and the side panels. Likely those have been obscured, too.

Jeebus. There is a real sicko out there, BC. LE is right, he's a real threat to anyone alone on the road.

If one of the legs of the camper was not secured properly upon attempting to remove it, would the weight of the camper alone be capable of causing such a deep, sharp dent in the vehicle roof like that? The damage seems to have taken a lot of force, but I can't think of how or why it would have occurred.

No, I think the vehicle might have rolled over when pushed down that hill, before it was set on fire

Just to clarify, when the teens where spotted driving this vehicle on Thursday at a general store, the camping attachment was still on their truck? Is yes, then it was removed by the next day, when truck was found burning?

Good questions. What I'm wondering about is if the truck was burned, but the camper was not located with the truck then how come all these media reports and LE statements don't make any mention to be on the lookout for the camper or an actual description of the camper itself (not just the truck)?
Because the camper is very non-descript and not what most people would spend time noticing, as they do the make, model, and color of vehicles. If the perp killed two men for this piece of plastic, then he would have obscured the "BIGFOOT" labels on the head, side panels, and probably the back of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac