CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to recall a case where teens were missing on a road trip and no-one who knew them or had met them expressed concern for their whereabouts or wellbeing (especially with a crazed killer/s on the loose in the vicinity they were last seen).

And where no information was given about dates they left home/were expected back, etc.
The question the reporter asked was all about these details, but what the officer said, dismissing the question, was that family hadn't recently heard from the two.

It's up to the family whether they want to share that info, and their thoughts and feelings, with the media. The police cannot share personal, private, stuff, they can only state the essential descriptions, and the facts about why they are concerned enough to ask the public for help finding them.

Do we know how far the vehicle was found from where they were last seen at 3:15? It might give an idea of what time they would’ve arrived in that area and so what time whatever happened happened. It seems like a one in a million shot that the nearby body and their burning truck are not related in some way. Has there been any mention of anything recovered from their burning vehicle? Keys, cell phones, wallets?
50 km south of Dease Lake: really not far, less than an hours drive. I've noticed that the time of day when the fire/dead body were found has never been stated.

The truck was at the south end of the Stikine bridge. I wonder if maybe they camped by the river overnight, possibly in the campground there?

Screenshot_20190722-175725.jpg

Last edited:
This is another dangerous guy on the loose from BC. Brandon Teixeira. Wanted for murder.
‘Extremely violent’ B.C. fugitive Brandon Teixeira may be in Alberta; reward issued
Welcome to Ws MGWatcher!
From your link.. Thinking of the missing Surrey guys.
CANADA - Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

"Brandon Teixeira is charged with first-degree murder in the October 2017 death of 28-year-old Nicholas Khabra in the Vancouver suburb of Surrey, British Columbia.

Teixeira, 27, is believed to be armed and dangerous, and police have described him as an extremely violent man who poses a danger to the safety of the community

Police say Teixeira has associates throughout Alberta and may be hiding somewhere in the province."

I don't know what to think in this case at all! Is anyone else confused like me?

Are these two young men victims, or were they a part of the death of that man?

Or did that man maybe see the guys were being attacked by someone and he tried to help them, ended up dead himself, murderer did something else with their bodies and burned their camper? Maybe they were alive at the time the camper was burned but are now deceased and located elsewhere?

I don't know if I am on foot or horseback, reading all of this. Yikes!

I think it could be either way. The two missing teens I doubt are involve in the murder of Fowler & Deese. They could how ever have had their truck and camper stolen. Possibly be victims as well. Hoping not but it’s not looking good.
The two fellows missing Last seen in south surrey I’m not sure its related either. So far from the other two sites. My thoughts do go to the at large fugitives. Especially teixeira. He looks so much like the composite to me,

Welcome to Ws MGWatcher!
From your link.. Thinking of the missing Surrey guys.
CANADA - Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019

"Brandon Teixeira is charged with first-degree murder in the October 2017 death of 28-year-old Nicholas Khabra in the Vancouver suburb of Surrey, British Columbia.

Teixeira, 27, is believed to be armed and dangerous, and police have described him as an extremely violent man who poses a danger to the safety of the community

Police say Teixeira has associates throughout Alberta and may be hiding somewhere in the province."
From their thread:
"Neither man has been heard from since. The Jeep has since been discovered empty near Logan Lake, B.C. — about 300 kilometres from the location the men were last seen." Teixeira could have taken their vehicle and then abandoned it in Logan Lake, which is still BC but close to AB border. Your thoughts as well?

I posted in the thread for Lucas and Chynna but see there is a separate thread here so reposting:
RCMP released a sketch of the man found dead not far from the abandoned truck the missing men were using. <modsnip: Please do not bring social comments to Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
An update on the two missing teens from Port Alberni who went missing near Dease Lake - The Lynda Steele Show - Omny.fm

This is a link to the Linda Steele Show, Global TV, interviewing a CHEK TV reporter from Victoria BC. She had spoken with Bryer’s father. He learned of his son’s disappearance through the media. Just to summarize, longtime buddies, both had just got a job at Walmart 5 weeks ago but wanted to make more money. Father received a text 10 days ago saying the youths were travelling to Red Deer, Alberta to look for work as Breyer has relatives living there. It didn’t appear the father was aware others believed the boys had plans to head to Whitehorse, Yukon to try to find jobs there (although they were heading the opposite direction on Hwy 37). He thinks the boys witnessed something and are alive, hiding in the bush country.

Red Deer is in Central Alberta, due east of Port Alberni so they were not enroute to Red Deer. One thing we don’t know is what date the two left Port Alberni.

The families must be worried sick, with the added perplexity of why two are missing in the location of the burned camper. I just can’t think of one good reason they didn’t keep their families informed of their travel intentions and due to the evasiveness, I do wonder if the two might’ve been transporting illegal drugs for a gang.

Last edited:
I don't know what to think in this case at all! Is anyone else confused like me?

Are these two young men victims, or were they a part of the death of that man?

Or did that man maybe see the guys were being attacked by someone and he tried to help them, ended up dead himself, murderer did something else with their bodies and burned their camper? Maybe they were alive at the time the camper was burned but are now deceased and located elsewhere?

I don't know if I am on foot or horseback, reading all of this. Yikes!
Lots unknown and so many related (or unrelated) threads going on right now. All this is happening in BC right now.

Chynna and Lucas were killed July 14-15 on Highway 97. The teens' vehicle was found burning on highway 37 a few days later and a deceased male (older man) was found not far from their burning vehicle. The teens have not been located or heard from. Not know if victims or involved in couple's murder at this time.

<modsnip>

Hope this helps you walk or ride...

Lots unknown and so many related (or unrelated) threads going on right now. All this is happening in BC right now.

Chynna and Lucas were killed July 14-15 on Highway 97. The teens' vehicle was found burning on highway 37 a few days later and a deceased male (older man) was found not far from their burning vehicle. The teens have not been located or heard from. Not know if victims or involved in couple's murder at this time.

<modsnip>
There's 5 million people live in BC, the cases can't all be related!

ETA: Last summer 3 men about the same age, in 2 separate cases, went missing on Vancouver Island on the same day. People were convinced they must be connected, but they weren't.

Just a comment, it's never been reported whether or not the deceased man was in a vehicle. However the fact that he's still not identified, nor have police mentioned or described a vehicle, leads me to think he wasn't in one. So either he was dropped off there by someone, or his car was stolen.

I’m trying to recall a case where teens were missing on a road trip and no-one who knew them or had met them expressed concern for their whereabouts or wellbeing (especially with a crazed killer/s on the loose in the vicinity they were last seen).

And where no information was given about dates they left home/were expected back, etc.

In the first article I read, my impression was that the parents thought the teens were driving to the Yukon to look for work, almost as thought they were surprised to learn they were heading South. I also wondered if that was one reason that the RCMP emphasized that travellers need to establish a call in time and routine.

logan lake is so incredibly far away from the dease lake area i do not believe that the 2 surrey guys would be related. logan lake is less than 3 hrs away from surrey.

also texieria is from surrey and was involved in a targeted murder. imo gang related.

red deere and whitehorse are also VERY far apart. i’ve just assumed they went out to look for work in oil&gas?

the fact that there are 3 dead and 2 missing in a relatively small area of very rural BC does lead you to believe that it’s related(?)

What if..the killer of Lucas and Chynna has the two teens with him after torching their truck. Perhaps he has taken them and the vehicle from the older murdered man. Perhaps they are prisoners. MOO

Hi y’all, first post here.
Is there any information about the teens? From friends, family, acquaintances? What were their interests? Were they well liked? I haven’t seen anyone come forward to vouch for them in the media. Media seems to indicate they are victims. Could they not be?

Hi y’all, first post here.
Is there any information about the teens? From friends, family, acquaintances? What were their interests? Were they well liked? I haven’t seen anyone come forward to vouch for them in the media. Media seems to indicate they are victims. Could they not be?
Hello and Welcome.

Here's an article that speaks about all the murdered and missing people in BC with thread on here. One mistake I noticed should say Chynna and Lucas killed between July 14th and 15th (not 13th and 14th). Seems the teens are still missing <modsnip>

‘It’s Possible’ Missing Teens and Slain Tourists Are Connected, BC Police Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members