UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

His wife Lynn said: 'He’s unable to talk about it at the moment. He feels terrible. All he’s thinking about is what happened to those children.'

Neighbours told the newspaper Mr Poland was a kindly man who had offered to give them lifts during the coronavirus pandemic.

However, his car has been seized by police investigating the attacks at the Hart Space Community Centre last month, leaving him unable to work.
The police have seized his vehicle for forensics. They cannot give him a release date for the vehicle, but from experience, this process can take anywhere from three weeks to six months or even a year.

'Once the car is released, he will have to pay the impound fees to retrieve it.

'Gary only recently bought the car, so he has car payments to make, along with all the usual bills. He is quite traumatized by what happened and, like everyone involved that day, he thinks he could have done more.

Is that accurate ? It seems very strange that he would have to pay impound fees .
That seems very unfair. He's a victim in this too. JMO

I think they have to keep it for further evidential
But why to keep this taxi for a long time? :rolleyes:

Sure, the accused was there, left it and later went his way.

It seems I miss something.
Investigation. Ie if new evidence comes to light it may need to be applied to the already gathered evidence. I used to work near a police owned car lockup and they stored cars there for over five years perhaps decades. These cars I think were involved in fatal collisions especially judging by their condition, properly mangled and I think wre stored so an ongoing case could be further verified if needed. The range rover from the Essex boy murders is still in storage despite having zero potential for "new evidence".

Aug 7, 2024 #skynews #southport #uk
The inquests into the deaths of three girls killed while attending a Taylor Swift-themed dance class in Southport have been opened and adjourned.Six year-old Bebe King, nine-year-old Alice Dasilva Aguiar, and seven-year-old Elsie Dot Stancombe were killed in Southport on 29 July. Sky's Greg Milam spoke to grandfather John Hayes, who was stabbed in the leg during the attack.

" 'Amazing, caring and confident' -

service held for Southport victim.

Mourners gathered on Merseyside to pay tribute to a Portuguese girl who died in a mass stabbing.

Family and friends of Alice
sang hymns, and read tributes in English and in Portuguese,
during the memorial service at St Patrick's Catholic Church on Tuesday."

1723117654965.png

Last edited:

We want to acknowledge our older daughter, Genie, who witnessed the attack and managed to escape,' the statement continued.

'She has shown such incredible strength and courage, and we are so proud of her. Her resilience is a testament to the love and bond she shared with her little sister, and we will continue to support her as we navigate this painful journey together as a family.

'Our thoughts are also with everyone else involved in this tragedy and all those who were injured. We hope that they find strength and healing in the days ahead.

'To the children who witnessed this terrible event, we send our love and hope that they too can begin to heal, surrounded by the care and support of those who love them.

'To the emergency services, who acted with such care and professionalism on that terrible day: thank you.

'Your support has continued as you have looked after our family with compassion and dedication, and we will forever be grateful for the way you have helped us through this harrowing time.

'To our community, friends, and strangers who have shown us such love: thank you. Your messages, your tributes, and your presence have meant the world to us and have helped us find some solace in our grief.

'We are also thinking of Elsie and Alice’s families, who are sharing in this unimaginable loss, and we hold them close in our hearts.

'Our hearts are broken, but we find some comfort in knowing that Bebe was so deeply loved by all who knew her. She will forever be our shimmering star, and we will carry her with us in everything we do.'

We want to acknowledge our older daughter, Genie, who witnessed the attack and managed to escape,' the statement continued.

'She has shown such incredible strength and courage, and we are so proud of her. Her resilience is a testament to the love and bond she shared with her little sister, and we will continue to support her as we navigate this painful journey together as a family.

'Our thoughts are also with everyone else involved in this tragedy and all those who were injured. We hope that they find strength and healing in the days ahead.

'To the children who witnessed this terrible event, we send our love and hope that they too can begin to heal, surrounded by the care and support of those who love them.

'To the emergency services, who acted with such care and professionalism on that terrible day: thank you.

'Your support has continued as you have looked after our family with compassion and dedication, and we will forever be grateful for the way you have helped us through this harrowing time.

'To our community, friends, and strangers who have shown us such love: thank you. Your messages, your tributes, and your presence have meant the world to us and have helped us find some solace in our grief.

'We are also thinking of Elsie and Alice’s families, who are sharing in this unimaginable loss, and we hold them close in our hearts.

'Our hearts are broken, but we find some comfort in knowing that Bebe was so deeply loved by all who knew her. She will forever be our shimmering star, and we will carry her with us in everything we do.'
unimaginable horror for the family that her sister witness to this murderous action too, I hadn't realised that. To Bebe, Elsie and Alice I'm so sorry you didn't get to grow up, I really don't know how parents and families recover from this and my thoughts although inadequate are with them.

Photographs from today show hundreds of devastated mourners arriving outside St Patrick's Church in Southport for Alice's funeral.

The grieving crowd can be seen carrying flowers and pink balloons and are predominantly dressed in light colours.

A beautiful pink and white, horse-drawn carriage carried Alice's coffin to the church surrounded by those lining the streets to pay their respects.

Beautiful pictures of Alice in this article.
It's so sad, that beautiful sprankeling young lives are gone forever, so much trauma for family and beloved ones, you can never heal from that...

I wish all the strength and support with dealing of their losses
Forever Angels

I know this has been linked by other people upthread. Reading it just now and looking at the pictures brought tears to my eyes :(
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hatchpower
Back