CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

afitzy

Former Member
Reaction score
RCMP seeking missing men after Dease Lake vehicle fire; body found

19-year-old Kam McLeod and 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky from Port Alberni have not been in contact with their family for the last few days.

RCMP are seeking two young men believed to have been driving a vehicle later found on fire 50 km south of Dease Lake in northwestern BC on Friday.

bryer-schmegelsky.jpg

Dease Lake RCMP

kam-mcleod-2.jpg

Dease Lake RCMP

Police found the burning van south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37.

A body was later found 2 kms away at a nearby Highway pullout.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Anyone with any information about Kam and Bryer is asked to please call Dease Lake RCMP 250-771-4111, Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or by leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-drivers-bc-truck-1.5219845

The pair were travelling in the pickup to visit Whitehorse and look for work, police say, and may be in an area without cellphone coverage. RCMP are asking anyone who may have seen them to call police.

Police say they're working to identify the body found near the burned vehicle, but officers now know that it isn't Schmegelsky or McLeod. They're still figuring out how the body and the vehicle are related, if at all.

kam-mcleod-bryer-schmegelsky-camper-truck.jpg

Police released this image of a camper truck that they say Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were driving, which was eventually found on fire on Friday, July 19, 2019. (B.C. RCMP)
Schmegelsky and McLeod were last spotted in the red and grey Dodge pickup truck travelling south from the Super A general store in Dease Lake at around 3:15 p.m. last Thursday.

Interesting what the press release leaves out. A man is dead, but the release isn't asking for information about him, or witnesses to the circumstances of his death.

The press release is worded as though police believe the young men are alive. No suggestion of Search and Rescue out looking for them in the area, or looking for bodies in the river. But if their campertruck was on fire, where did they go and, importantly, how did they go?

I certainly hope this is cleared up fast, without any more bodies being found by the side of highways.

Interesting what the press release leaves out. A man is dead, but the release isn't asking for information about him, or witnesses to the circumstances of his death.

The press release is worded as though police believe the young men are alive. No suggestion of Search and Rescue out looking for them in the area, or looking for bodies in the river. But if their campertruck was on fire, where did they go and, importantly, how did they go?

I certainly hope this is cleared up fast, without any more bodies being found by the side of highways.
Agree this situation is quite concerning and no official guidance from BC RCMP as to overall public safety during peak tourist season. This situation is on top of the Lucas Fowler/Chynna Deese double murder case in BC.

Perhaps its time to call in LE reinforcements from other parts of Canada to assist before the situation spirals out of control.

So far in BC in 2 week time span: Burned body-no id yet, 2 people murdered in their van and 2 more people missing with no trace.

I don't think the body was burned - just the truck was on fire?

Perhaps its time to call in LE reinforcements from other parts of Canada to assist before the situation spirals out of control.

So far in BC in 2 week time span: Burned body-no id yet, 2 people murdered in their van and 2 more people missing with no trace.

I don't think the body was burned - just the truck was on fire?
Nothing has been released about the cause of death of the man at the rest area, which was 2 km from the burning truck.

I should say, I don't believe RCMP are inept. I personally believe they're much farther on in these cases than they reveal in the press releases. They just aren't telling everything they know, for tactical reasons. They never say anything that isn't strictly necessary to the purpose of the press release. I am fascinated by this, and try to read between the lines, translate RCMP-speak to try to discern the bigger picture.

Agree this situation is quite concerning and no official guidance from BC RCMP as to overall public safety during peak tourist season. This situation is on top of the Lucas Fowler/Chynna Deese double murder case in BC.

'Growing community concerns'
Police admit there are "growing community concerns" after a total of five people have been declared missing or murdered Northern B.C. in the past week — although officers say they don't know if the cases are related.

[...]

RCMP are asking the public to take general safety precautions like sharing travel plans with friends and family and establishing check-in times, as well as to remain vigilant.

20 hours away, but just want it noted on this thread here in case it is related

Police ask for help locating missing men who were last seen in South Surrey

Surrey RCMP are asking for the public’s help locating two friends who were last seen in South Surrey on the afternoon of July 17.

Police say the vehicle that 37-year-old Richard Scurr and Ryan Provencher, 38, were seen in at approximately 12:30 p.m. that day, in the 16400-block of 23A Avenue, has since been located near Logan Lake without occupants.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/new...ssing-men-who-were-last-seen-in-south-surrey/

Nothing has been released about the cause of death of the man at the rest area, which was 2 km from the burning truck.

I should say, I don't believe RCMP are inept. I personally believe they're much farther on in these cases than they reveal in the press releases. They just aren't telling everything they know, for tactical reasons. They never say anything that isn't strictly necessary to the purpose of the press release. I am fascinated by this, and try to read between the lines, translate RCMP-speak to try to discern the bigger picture.
I have been adapting to RCMP "speak" for several months now. And to their lake of sharing info, for whatever reason. Strange though, as said already, that no one seems to be asking for assistance searching for 2 missing teens or for info on a dead male near their burned truck.

Hoping that Kam and Bryer had their van stolen and they’re walking to the next town, wherever that is, and perhaps the dead man is not connected at all? Fingers crossed for the boys (all 6ft 4 of them!) to be found safe very soon.

Hoping that Kam and Bryer had their van stolen and they’re walking to the next town, wherever that is, and perhaps the dead man is not connected at all? Fingers crossed for the boys (all 6ft 4 of them!) to be found safe very soon.
I believe it's their camper/truck that was found on fire. So I'm wondering how they might have gotten out of the area.

If they were alive, and their vehicle was stolen, I would expect that they would find a way to get a message to their parents and RCMP.

The identity of the deceased victim is important - was he local, was he travelling with the two, how did he get to where he was found and how was he connected?

Burning campers....I used to think arson but in this day and age the possibility of a meth lab always creeps into my thoughts.

The identity of the deceased victim is important - was he local, was he travelling with the two, how did he get to where he was found and how was he connected?

Burning campers....I used to think arson but in this day and age the possibility of a meth lab always creeps into my thoughts.

The question about the two missing 18/19 year olds is that they were supposed to be heading North to Whitehorse, however they were seen at Dease Lake at 3:15PM on Thursday afternoon and their truck was found 50km South of Dease Lake - in the wrong direction. What happened that they were turned around? Are they or their bodies North of Dease Lake? Were they in a pullout roughly 2 hours North of Dease Lake - stopped for dinner?

Is it possible that something happened North of Dease Lake, someone took their vehicle and headed South to the Stikine River bridge, parked, walked 2 km back to the pullout, murdered the unidentified man, stole his vehicle, then drove to the camper truck at the bridge and set it on fire?

For anyone just tuning in..rbbm.
https://cfjctoday.com/2019/07/22/tw...TA5kJB-IosxdvaI4yAy3bIwa5_WaqfXmz6UMfYYBElVgE
"Dease Lake is about 470 kilometres away from where 23-year-old Australian Lucas Fowler and his 24-year-old American girlfriend Chynna Deese were found murdered earlier in the week along the Alaska Highway near Liard Hot Springs.

Police acknowledge in their Sunday release that “there are growing community concerns about the ongoing homicide investigations in northern B.C.”

They add that investigators “are sharing information” about the cases, but don’t say whether any connection between the two has yet been made."
Ws thread..
CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Aussie & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered Alaska Hwy, BC, 14/15 Jul 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum