GUILTY Canada - Kate Reid, 51, Kitchener, Ont, 2 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2013, Catherine Todd, Kitchener murdered by James Parise .. Catherine's body was taken out over a balcony in a couch that ended up in the landfill. Given what appears to be a significant interest in the balcony at Kate's Burn Rd apartment, I wonder if the accused HRM got any ideas from that previous case. (FWIW, Catherine's body was never located.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ener-18-March-2013-James-Parise-chgd-w-murder

Seems man of few words and fewer pics. I wonder if the one and only pic posted Feb 16 of water, trees and a star above the tree is any indication of where Kate might be.

Perhaps. If not a couch, a Christmas tree? Taking a Christmas tree out over a balcony is not an unusual sight in early January.

I wonder if the new information LE received was someone reporting something was removed from the apartment via the balcony

I wonder if he stored her on the balcony while he was doing things to make her remains small enough to be able to be removed. I don't think that he would have been able to remove a complete body and have no one notice, not in an apartment building.

I wonder what his motive was, if she maybe spurned his advances.

I hope he gives her family and friends closure by telling the investigators where they might find her remains.

It was reported that HM and KR were roommates until December, so people would probably not question him "moving out"---taking boxes and such out of the apartment.

Perhaps. If not a couch, a Christmas tree? Taking a Christmas tree out over a balcony is not an unusual sight in early January.

Yes, I take my tree out wrapped in a tarp or a sheet so the needles don't get everywhere. Also, with the apartment being the top floor, nobody below would necessarily see who was on the balcony lowering something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't KW have a by-law that prohibits live Christmas trees in apartment buildings? Not that everyone follows that by-law I'm sure, but I was almost certain they did. My oldest lives in KW and she can't have a live tree in her building.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't KW have a by-law that prohibits live Christmas trees in apartment buildings? Not that everyone follows that by-law I'm sure, but I was almost certain they did. My oldest lives in KW and she can't have a live tree in her building.

Yes, the tree theory is a stretch. But given the fact that they were reportedly roommates only until December implies that he moved out. Moving out would mean moving stuff out of the apartment, unquestionably.

Yes, the tree theory is a stretch. But given the fact that they were reportedly roommates only until December implies that he moved out. Moving out would mean moving stuff out of the apartment, unquestionably.

Makes sense .. I was just trying to figure out why LE would be showing such interest in the ground below the balconies. Routine moving out would normally involve boxes, suitcases, trunks, etc ... things that could be taken through the building without raising suspicion at moving time ... compared to hauling something down in front of other tenants' windows. The tarp, the balcony, the ground below appears to have some special significance.

Maybe they got into a physical altercation and she was pushed off the balcony? I don't know if I actually believe this just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the more I think about that I don't believe it. She would have yelled or screamed so someone would have herd something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/5518242-human-remains-discovered-in-kitchener/

Honestly, it took them THIS long to discover human remains? Have they or have they not been in and out of that apartment for weeks now??

That article doesn't say where the remains were found .. just that LE was back "to the area of 10 Burn Place". Could be in the building, in another apartment in the building, or in the surrounding grounds/buildings.

The caption under the pics says "Kate Lynn Reid has not been seen since Jan. 1. On Friday, human remains were discovered near her Kitchener home, and police are looking into a possible connection."

The Binman tweet is a little ambiguous, saying "on Burn Place, Kate Reid's old apartment". "On Burn Place" could mean on the street of Burn Place, and she could mean where Kate Reid's old apartment building is located. I think we need a bit more clarification on this.

AM980 has a story that says the remains were found behind the dumpster.

sorry my computer won't let me link the story

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/body-di...building-where-kate-lynn-reid-lived-1.2290992
A gruesome discover in Kitchener on Friday.
*snippet

Police investigate the discovery of human remains near Burn Place in Kitchener on Friday March 20, 2015.
“It was horrifying,” said Michael Trotta, who lives in the building and saw the remains.
Trotta said the body was about eight feet behind a dumpster on the property.
Reid went missing in January. Her roommate Hugh McColl has been charged with second degree murder.
A post mortem will be done early next week to identify the body, but some residents of the Burn Place building are convinced Reid has been found.
“Everybody here in our community and in this building is more relieved that they have found the body,” Trotta said.
“I’m glad that they found her instead of thinking that she’s somewhere, you know, buried somewhere,” said Karen Dobson, a friend of Reid’s.
“That was always on my mind. It makes you feel sick,” Dobson continued.

No offense against LE, but really? This poor woman has been missing and presumed dead for a long time now and they didn't even search the entire property and it's perimeter?

Don't know if this is THE dumpster, or if this dumpster is still in the same location as google streetview shows it, but it sure isn't far from the front of the building Kate lived in.

Streetview pic here

I wonder how much snow might have been piled up there this winter.

Don't know if this is THE dumpster, or if this dumpster is still in the same location as google streetview shows it, but it sure isn't far from the front of the building Kate lived in.

Streetview pic here

I wonder how much snow might have been piled up there this winter.

Nice hyperlink there SB ;) thanks for that.

FWIW accummulations are visible throughout this video from the search a few weeks back...

[video]http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=562047&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1[/video]

We need something (video / pics) from early January for a comparison.

No offense against LE, but really? This poor woman has been missing and presumed dead for a long time now and they didn't even search the entire property and it's perimeter?

We see this kind of nonsense over and over now, I don't get it myself. I think they need to revise their search and rescue tactics.

How about this ? The next time somebody goes missing, leave the search dogs at home, leave the cadaver dogs at home, leave the helicopters and the ATV's where they are housed. Don't bother to set up a command post or a central staging area. Leave all the maps and the charts back at the office where you keep them.

Instead: Invite the public to come out and roam around aimlessly. You should have the missing person located, bagged and tagged within a couple of hours.

Your so-called "intense searches" ain't cuttin' it.

Your welcome.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery