GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks LeftCoaster! I'm sure as a mom this news was terrifying considering your daughter's proximity! I, too, hope they catch the perp(s) quickly.

BBM Sorry LeftCoaster - I probably should have said "as a mom or dad" as I only assumed you are female. :blushing:

Welcome to Websleuths, Catchew, and thanks for the insight into the neighborhood.

In the article matou linked to, it was stated that garbage pickup for that apartment building was Friday, one day before the torso was found. So presumably the bin was fairly empty when the perp put the remains inside, which suggests he wasn't familiar with the trash pickup schedule.

I'm not trying to think like a murderer here, but if you were trying to hide a body, why would you put it in a nearly empty bin, thus giving it nearly a week to be discovered by aluminum can scavengers, dumpster divers and apartment dwellers putting their trash in the bin? Just my two cents but it doesn't sound like he cared if the remains were discovered or not.

Thanks for the welcome, Tatertot!
BBM - I was thinking about this, as well. I hope I am within the forum rules in speculating on this. IMO, If the perp is a local and knows the garbage pickup schedule, he/she may have waited until the day after pickup as the bin might have been full prior to that. I used to live in an apartment not far from there and the bins seemed to always be full (at my apartment complex), except right after garbage pickup day.
There are a lot of dumpster divers and scavengers in the area (we have seen them on numerous occasions going through our and our neighbours' recycling bins. They are commonly only seen the night we put out the trash to the curb, so perhaps the perp thought there would be less chance of dumpster divers coming around so soon after garbage pickup? And then garbage would just pile on top of the torso. It is winter here and we have just gone through a week of frigid temperatures, so probably no chance of any smells from a decomposing body to tip anyone off. This is all MOO.
I also wonder if the perp specifically chose this garbage bin? Is close by or familiar with the area? It still seems strange to me as it's so close to a relatively busy street.

Discussing the scene, Lynn Lindsay who lives in a low-rise apartment next to where the body was found, said she often sees people rummaging through the garbage bins and wasn’t surprised by the location of the discovery.

“There’s a lot of homeless (people) that go through those dumpsters all the time,” Lindsay said.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...rso-found-behind-kitchener-apartment-building

This is close to home for me too

So this girl has been missing for at least 3 full nights now. You would have to think she was living on the streets, or a loner, for the alarms bells not to be ringing for her family and close friends.
She could also be a student from out of town, so her family may be unaware as yet of the grisly find.

I did notice one tweet from a young girl in Kitchener saying she couldn't believe one of her friends had gone missing.. & a young girls body described like her friend has been found in a kitchener dump stir. :what:
- Probably just an attention seeker, yet she has hardly any followers to get that attention from. https://twitter.com/Bray_Brownxo

BBM Sorry LeftCoaster - I probably should have said "as a mom or dad" as I only assumed you are female. :blushing:

No worries, Catchew. Yes, I'm "Mum." A very concerned mum while thinking about a killer who needs to be captured! :please:

So this girl has been missing for at least 3 full nights now. You would have to think she was living on the streets, or a loner, for the alarms bells not to be ringing for her family and close friends.
She could also be a student from out of town, so her family may be unaware as yet of the grisly find.

I did notice one tweet from a young girl in Kitchener saying she couldn't believe one of her friends had gone missing.. & a young girls body described like her friend has been found in a kitchener dump stir. :what:
- Probably just an attention seeker, yet she has hardly any followers to get that attention from. https://twitter.com/Bray_Brownxo

My thinking as well, either a young college or university student who hasn't been noticed missing from classes as of yet or a "street person" who also has not been missed.

That t-shirt is from the Twilight series isn't it? Anyone know how long that expression and those t-shirts may have been around? Is it still popular or would it be considered "old" now? Someone mentioned a possible thrift store find and close proximity to a YWCA? This would possibly indicate a homeless or "street" person.

Hope LE is able to release a little more information soon if they haven't already received the call about a missing loved one. Just unbelievable about these cases of dismemberment recently.

MOO

I saw that tshirt over Xmas, in a record store I think..

Welcome to Websleuths, Catchew, and thanks for the insight into the neighborhood.

In the article matou linked to, it was stated that garbage pickup for that apartment building was Friday, one day before the torso was found. So presumably the bin was fairly empty when the perp put the remains inside, which suggests he wasn't familiar with the trash pickup schedule.

I'm not trying to think like a murderer here, but if you were trying to hide a body, why would you put it in a nearly empty bin, thus giving it nearly a week to be discovered by aluminum can scavengers, dumpster divers and apartment dwellers putting their trash in the bin? Just my two cents but it doesn't sound like he cared if the remains were discovered or not.

Maybe he isn't/they aren't from there and has/have left the area...left town...

There is an inn/b&b a few doors down - in between courthouse and apartment building, fwiw.

Also, a gutsy location to leave her, no doubt about it!

Same goes for the call about men with a gun (linked up thread by jellybeanz) the office tower is pretty much across from Kitchener Police Detachment...I wonder WHO called that in?

Here's a map

A = gunmen
B = cops
C = courthouse
D = torso

ETA: as catchew mentioned, there should be 'eyes' everywhere around there...iirc, that office tower with the reports of gunmen has a REAL security guard behind a desk in front lobby, i wonder if he's watching camera's ??? maybe not on a sunday !!!

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/876776--police-search-for-men-with-gun-in-kitchener-office-parking-garage

This is at 101 Frederick Street on Sunday night, a stone throw away from a large YWCA resource centre, and of course, just along the road from where the torso was found.
Another head scratcher for Kitchener Police.

snipped...Detectives haven’t immediately dismissed it as a crank call, said Olaf Heinzel, police spokesperson.

bbm above

What are the chances of that ??? :waitasec:

O/T jellybeanz nice COW LICK! jajajajaja.

Police hope T-shirt leads to clues after torso found in Kitchener, Ont
January 28, 2013

snipped...“That really is something that can potentially lead back to: Where was that T-shirt purchased? Who may have seen someone with that T-shirt?” Waterloo Regional Police spokesman Olaf Heinzel said Monday morning.

Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-torso-found-in-kitchener-ont/article7904477/

Wonder if this woman has been located....bbm

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/25486.pdf
"The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing woman.
Anne Bissoon, 39, was last seen on Tuesday, January 15, 2013, at 2 a.m., in the Dundas
Street West/Bathurst Street area.
She is described as brown, 5’6", 125 lbs., dark−brown hair with brown eyes. She was last
seen wearing a long black trenchcoat, a yellow jacket, a red T−shirt and blue jeans.
Police are concerned for her safety.
Members of the public are urged to exercise caution as she is reportedly known to carry
knives."

RSBM

That t-shirt is from the Twilight series isn't it? Anyone know how long that expression and those t-shirts may have been around? Is it still popular or would it be considered "old" now? Someone mentioned a possible thrift store find and close proximity to a YWCA? This would possibly indicate a homeless or "street" person.
I'm not into the recent vampire phenomenon, but I believe it is.

I had a search yesterday, but it's a very popular t-shirt so needle in haystack stuff. I do hope LE have uploaded the identical version, as the lettering fonts and formatting are varied.
I'd expect there to be official merchandise and lots of copies out there?

Maybe he isn't/they aren't from there and has/have left the area...left town...

There is an inn/b&b a few doors down - in between courthouse and apartment building, fwiw.

Also, a gutsy location to leave her, no doubt about it!

Same goes for the call about men with a gun (linked up thread by jellybeanz) the office tower is pretty much across from Kitchener Police Detachment...I wonder WHO called that in?

Here's a map

A = gunmen
B = cops
C = courthouse
D = torso

ETA: as catchew mentioned, there should be 'eyes' everywhere around there...iirc, that office tower with the reports of gunmen has a REAL security guard behind a desk in front lobby, i wonder if he's watching camera's ??? maybe not on a sunday !!!

Thank you for this map!!

My hunch - If you pan out a few clicks it becomes clear to me that the perp has came into Kitchener via highway 85, obv either from the north or south.
He has came off at the main interchange and headed straight to the only street he knows well in Kitchener - Frederick St. I think this was his intention all along. This is a perp that knows that courthouse and police station well.
A car backed into the area where the dumpsters are located could easily have its boot emptied for a quick getaway and back onto the highway 85 towards home.

When you think of it, these garbage dump areas should have cctv there from all angles. Not to protect the garbage, but for this very situation we are witnessing right here.

Hi Catchew! What's around that area? I went in street view but didn't see much. Maybe someone was just driving around trying to dump off parts at different locations in the city in the hopes of not being caught on a video camera. I wonder if there would be any cameras at the building next door or the highrise where the torso was found. Is it true that 250 Frederick is mainly a building with older residents or is that the building next to it?

BBM - My husband's co-worker knows someone who lives in that building and that resident confirmed it is mainly elderly folks living there.

When Jennifer Downs opened her door to homicide detectives on Sunday, she thought her worst imaginings had come true.

Downs’s 15-year-old daughter Ashley was last seen on Jan. 5.

The detectives asked Downs whether Ashley had returned home, and if she had a shirt that read “Forget Princess, I want to be a vampire.”

Downs didn’t know, but said if they had a body, she would come and look at it. Police said no.

** more here **

Hmm, is Ashley our Jane Doe?

Ashley-Downs-300x300.jpg

[One resident told CBC News that the bin in which the torso was found is large enough that he suspects two people would have been involved in placing the remains inside.

/QUOTE]

I don't think this article has been posted yet. I thought it interesting that this resident thinks it may have taken two people to get the torso into the bin. I remember how difficult it was sometimes to throw heavy bags into those large bins. Then again, I'm a 5'2" female!

Full article:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ontario-woman-torso-police-investigation.html

From the above article in my last post.
And then, today, a spot of bright news: police asked her to come to headquarters and provide a blood sample for testing. But they also told her that they don’t believe the body is her daughter’s.

..... Downs said the homicide detective said the investigation is going in another direction.
Anybody any ideas as to what they mean by 'going in another direction'?

Catchew said:
I don't think this article has been posted yet. I thought it interesting that this resident thinks it may have taken two people to get the torso into the bin. I remember how difficult it was sometimes to throw heavy bags into those large bins. Then again, I'm a 5'2" female!

Full article:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ontario-woman-torso-police-investigation.html

If the torso is as big as this eye witness said, then it cannot be Jennifer Downs, as she looks very slight in the pic MSM provided.

It sounds more like the larger lady (mentioned earlier in the thread) who liked to experiment with garish make-up.
Or, maybe even a post-op transsexual? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back