GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the above article in my last post.
Anybody any ideas as to what they mean by 'going in another direction'?

Maybe it's not a person from K-W. Maybe someone from London or elsewhere?

Ms. Downs still was asked to provide a blood sample though, even though police stated they didn't think it was her daughter. Hmmm. That would still freak me out as a worried mom.

Maybe it's not a person from K-W. Maybe someone from London or elsewhere?
Could be that matou.

I'm inclined to think the perp is someone from the west to the north of Kitchener, but not too far out.
I think this perp did the deed in his own home, then dumped the body in the nearest area that was largely populated.

As for Jane Doe? She could be from anywhere.
Could be a local, or an out of towner that responded to a job advert. Who knows?

If the torso is as big as this eye witness said, then it cannot be Jennifer Downs, as she looks very slight in the pic MSM provided.

It sounds more like the larger lady (mentioned earlier in the thread) who liked to experiment with garish make-up.
Or, maybe even a post-op transsexual? :waitasec:

Sounds like Tasha Marie Smith - no offense Tash -- images here

She's 175 lbs but she has a tattoo in the small of her back...and it's hard to believe she managed to be without her meds, tho without them she may not even know who she is...

There's more info on her up thread here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Woman's torso found in Kitchener Ont. Canada garbage bin

If the torso is as big as this eye witness said, then it cannot be Jennifer Downs, as she looks very slight in the pic MSM provided.

It sounds more like the larger lady (mentioned earlier in the thread) who liked to experiment with garish make-up.
Or, maybe even a post-op transsexual? :waitasec:

I believe he was saying that the bin was large, not a reference to the size of the torso. IMO, it may have been awkward for one person to simply toss a torso into. You may be onto something, though, jellybeanz. This could be a heavier set woman and that is why the detective told Downs they are going in another direction. Perhaps because her daughter is a slimmer build. It's definitely interesting that the detective is quoted as saying that.

Sounds like Tasha Marie Smith - no offense Tash -- images here

She's 175 lbs but she has a tattoo in the small of her back...and it's hard to believe she managed to be without her meds, tho without them she may not even know who she is...

There's more info on her up thread here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Woman's torso found in Kitchener Ont. Canada garbage bin

i'd think that if there were any tattoos or identifying features on the torso that the information would have been made public to help speed up the identification process?

MOO

Ashley Downs is (was) in the same school as my daughter... she's on her FB account. They keep hoping she checks in with one of her friends (if not her parents) soon. I hope the torso does not belong to her... a bit too close to home :/

I'll be happy to share any info I get from the school 'teen scene'.

Ashley Downs is (was) in the same school as my daughter... she's on her FB account. They keep hoping she checks in with one of her friends (if not her parents) soon. I hope the torso does not belong to her... a bit too close to home :/

Welcome to WS, ChelleBelle and thanks for keeping us posted- must be very freaky right now waiting for word on this horrible crime.

Welcome to WS, ChelleBelle and thanks for keeping us posted- must be very freaky right now waiting for word on this horrible crime.

Thank you, and yes.. I couldn't imagine being her parents right now :/

Welcome ChelleBelle! Hope your daughter is okay - I'm sure it's scary for her. I was a teenager and living in Scarborough when Bernardo was the "Scarborough Rapist" and I know how scary something like that was to my teenage self.

So this girl has been missing for at least 3 full nights now. You would have to think she was living on the streets, or a loner, for the alarms bells not to be ringing for her family and close friends.
She could also be a student from out of town, so her family may be unaware as yet of the grisly find.

I did notice one tweet from a young girl in Kitchener saying she couldn't believe one of her friends had gone missing.. & a young girls body described like her friend has been found in a kitchener dump stir. :what:
- Probably just an attention seeker, yet she has hardly any followers to get that attention from. https://twitter.com/Bray_Brownxo

BBM - I was just looking at her tweets and she mentions twice that she was supposed to meet Ashley "that night" (not sure if she means the night the crime might have taken place, or the night of the day the remains were discovered). Am I the only one that finds it strange that she was supposed to meet up with her, which in my mind would mean she has had contact with her, when she is missing and hasn't made contact with friends/family, as far as we know? I'm thinking it might be a case of attention seeking, as jellybeanz mentioned.

*Not sure how to indicate an edit, but I just realized she might mean the night Ashley originally went missing. Sorry.

Welcome ChelleBelle! Hope your daughter is okay - I'm sure it's scary for her. I was a teenager and living in Scarborough when Bernardo was the "Scarborough Rapist" and I know how scary something like that was to my teenage self.

Thank you Catchew. Paul Bernardo *shudders*. My daughter isn't real close with Ashley, as she's a grade ahead of my girl.. but they all know each other, and of course they're all FB friends.

The most unnerving part right now is whoever did this is still out there somewhere... and hoping the rest of the body parts aren't in circulation in Canada Post somewhere (see: Luka Magnotta). Too bizarre...

Thank you Catchew. Paul Bernardo *shudders*. My daughter isn't real close with Ashley, as she's a grade ahead of my girl.. but they all know each other, and of course they're all FB friends.

The most unnerving part right now is whoever did this is still out there somewhere... and hoping the rest of the body parts aren't in circulation in Canada Post somewhere (see: Luka Magnotta). Too bizarre...

BBM - Exactly. I am only a couple of blocks away from Frederick & Gordon, and I have been jumping at every little noise! Who knows if the perp is even around here, but it's definitely unnerving being here right now. My husband and I were just talking about how creepy it is that they haven't found the other parts yet and now that the snow is thawing due to all of this rain, hopefully they don't turn up where children will find them (we have 2 little kids, so our minds always go there). The poor girl and her poor family - hopefully this gets resolved soon and they can bury, cremated, etc. her whole. So, so sad.

BBM - Exactly. I am only a couple of blocks away from Frederick & Gordon, and I have been jumping at every little noise! Who knows if the perp is even around here
Oh yuck :( Hopefully it was a drive-by dumping and the rest of the parts are not in your area. At least I'm on the other side of town, where houses are blowing up in the middle of the night :eek:

Oh yuck :( Hopefully it was a drive-by dumping and the rest of the parts are not in your area. At least I'm on the other side of town, where houses are blowing up in the middle of the night :eek:

I read about that - scary.:shakehead:

BBM - Exactly. I am only a couple of blocks away from Frederick & Gordon, and I have been jumping at every little noise! Who knows if the perp is even around here, but it's definitely unnerving being here right now. My husband and I were just talking about how creepy it is that they haven't found the other parts yet and now that the snow is thawing due to all of this rain, hopefully they don't turn up where children will find them (we have 2 little kids, so our minds always go there). The poor girl and her poor family - hopefully this gets resolved soon and they can bury, cremated, etc. her whole. So, so sad.

I also am from the area. I think that everyone from the neighbourhood is anxiously awaiting the narrowing down of the victim and the suspect.

I also am from the area. I think that everyone from the neighbourhood is anxiously awaiting the narrowing down of the victim and the suspect.

Hours feel like days while waiting for more news. I can't imagine how it feels to those waiting to find out if the victim is their loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back