GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few new things.

RCMP Corporal Dan Moskaluk told reporters “several factors” led police to suspect Mr. Hopley, but added that police are restricted in what they can divulge.

Cpl. Moskaluk also said the police attempted to contact Mr. Hopley before an Amber Alert was issued on Wednesday afternoon. Late Thursday, CTV News reported that police in Sparwood have video taken from a surveillance camera that shows the missing toddler in the company of Mr. Hopley. CTV quoted an unidentified source for the report, noting that police have not confirmed it. Earlier in the day, police told reporters they were gathering security video from many business-security cameras operating in the community that might have shown either Kienan or Mr. Hopley.

In response to community concerns that roadblocks should have been implemented, Cpl. Moskaluk said: “It’s a very, very difficult thing for us to do, to cover off every corridor and side road and exit of a highway.”

The search for Kienan and Mr. Hopley now spans B.C., Alberta and Washington state, with military aircraft, dogs, dozens of police – and a frantic community – joining in. Police are looking for a brown 1987 Toyota Camry with the licence plate 098RAL. They have warned the public not to approach the vehicle.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ous-sexual-assault-conviction/article2157479/

From people who knew him:

In an interview, Ms. McCann said Mr. Hopley assaulted her in March outside the Sparwood library after she threatened to call police about a dispute over the repair of her truck. While her vehicle was being fixed, Mr. Hopley gave her rides to nearby Fernie, a 35-minute drive that left lots of time for conversation. “I asked what do you do for a living. And he said, ‘I’m a thief,’ ” she said, adding that Mr. Hopley seemed “very dark and withdrawn and quiet.”

“He’s not a killer, he’s very cowardly, shy and small. He used to say he wanted to run away.”

Rick Pater, operator of the Spardell Trailer Court in Sparwood, said Mr. Hopley lived for several years at his development in a mobile home until a criminal conviction about six or seven years ago. “He just couldn’t make friends, couldn’t relate to them. He didn’t have much to offer,” he said, adding that he had to junk Mr. Hopley’s trailer after he moved out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ous-sexual-assault-conviction/article2157479/

This is just the 11th time the Amber Alert has been activated in B.C. since its inception in 2004.

In the previous 10 abductions, which involved a total of 13 children, all were located, said Vermeulen.

Ten of the children were located in B.C. and three were found outside of the province, he said.

The Amber Alert is named after nine-year-old Amber Hagerman of Arlington, Tex., who in 1996 was abducted while riding her bicycle, then sexually assaulted and murdered. When details of the suspect were provided to police, there was no system to quickly inform the public, spurring a push for the creation of a bulletin system.

Hagerman’s murder remains unsolved.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Am...track+record/5373991/story.html#ixzz1XQSdOXi7

:cry: Heartbreaking

How would the monster get across the border without a passport?

The US and Canada have open borders, no passport is needed. He will be stopped though.

A passport is required to cross between the US & Canadian borders.

A passport is required to cross between the US & Canadian borders.

My bad. I didn't realize that. I see it took affect in 2009. Haven't been there in a while. I never needed one. Good thing this came up. I've been wanting to go again. Guess I better get a passport!

I don't know about other states but to cross between Michigan and Canada, a person has to either have a passport or an enhanced drivers license. The enhanced drivers license will allow a person to drive into Canada from the US or the other way around but will not allow a person to fly between the 2 countries.

I cross the border between BC & Washington a few times a year. I can't imagine he could get through to the US without a passport for Kienan, at least at an official border crossing.

There was a possible sighting in North Kamloops which is northwest of Sparwood, but it doesn't sound like anything came from it...

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/129511093.html

OK we know to legally cross the border between the US and Canada or vice versa a person needs either a passport or an enhanced drivers license. However, people don't always cross legally at the check points. So it is possible that he could cross the border by avoiding the check points but I don't think he would. Canada is a big country with plenty of places for him to hide and avoid the eye of the law. jmo

Please let this sweet, lovely child be brought home safely to his family before the sun rises. And please... get these monsters off our streets.

I was so hoping he'd be found overnight. I feel so helpless. Wish there was more I could do. :cry:

Lord help us...this guy is so sick. I don't understand how congress can interview baseball players but the civilized world can't keep these terribly sick people in jail.

LE should put out a request to anyone who owns a remote cabin in the area that they have not been to in a while, or hunters with cabins not used for a while, to check them out.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member