GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Will have to watch the news at 11 here. Hopefully it will be on CTV here as well.

Police admitted they played a role in the toddler's return...helped facilitate. They were anticipating the boy would be returned.
Whoever dropped K off made a call to 911, then vanished.
Believe he was planning for weeks.
Hopely knew LE response times

From a forensic psychologist:
Conducted himself anti-socially
Predatory in nature
Demonstrates remorse (unusual behaviour for his type)

That's about all I was able to catch, and it's not 100% accurate...sorry.

Excellent catch CB!
Thanks! I hope there is a link to the broadcast tomorrow at some time!!
Now WHY did police think the child would be returned? Certainly it seems they anticipated and hoped for it, but what made them hope for it?? Did they find some evidence in the papers they removed from RH's room at OS's????? A plan? A letter perhaps??

If police secured the house, then this implies to me that police entered first, to check for a suspect and ensure it was safe (while leaving the boy - hopefully gaurded!) sleeping on the couch to be woken by his parent(s)??

Seriously cannot wait til we get the full story on this one!!

Not surprised to hear that suspect studied police response times etc... in previous trial in the 80's said he was aware of what police were doing the entire time. I'd like to interview him (or actually, have LE or Paul Bishop and Mary Hanlan-Stone from Take The $ and Run!).... interview him to find out how he knew, and work towards preventing this from ever happening again!!

Wow, I just got on to check on Kienan, this is such great news !!!

Excellent catch CB!
Thanks! I hope there is a link to the broadcast tomorrow at some time!!
Now WHY did police think the child would be returned? Certainly it seems they anticipated and hoped for it, but what made them hope for it?? Did they find some evidence in the papers they removed from RH's room at OS's????? A plan? A letter perhaps??

If police secured the house, then this implies to me that police entered first, to check for a suspect and ensure it was safe (while leaving the boy - hopefully gaurded!) sleeping on the couch to be woken by his parent(s)??

Seriously cannot wait til we get the full story on this one!!

Not surprised to hear that suspect studied police response times etc... in previous trial in the 80's said he was aware of what police were doing the entire time. I'd like to interview him (or actually, have LE or Paul Bishop and Mary Hanlan-Stone from Take The $ and Run!).... interview him to find out how he knew, and work towards preventing this from ever happening again!!

Well, I sure am curious as to how it went down. On the news they said LE helped facilitate his return. Didn't LE say something earlier about believing they communicated with Hopely? Did Hopely call 911 saying he was someone else and knew how to get Kienan home?

Forgive me if this was already posted... here is a link to the ctv story wherein it shows RH was planning AN abduction for 3 weeks... but THIS is not in reference to Kienan's abduction. The story specifies that this was regarding an attempted abduction of a 10 year old foster child in 2007.......

Interesting to note he was said to study police response time etc... and with that said, I question whether we should be discussing matters regarding where the search is happening etc online publicly?????? Couldn't this hinder police efforts???

Police admitted they played a role in the toddler's return...helped facilitate. They were anticipating the boy would be returned.
Whoever dropped K off made a call to 911, then vanished.
Believe he was planning for weeks.
Hopely knew LE response times

From a forensic psychologist:
Conducted himself anti-socially
Predatory in nature
Demonstrates remorse (unusual behaviour for his type)

That's about all I was able to catch, and it's not 100% accurate...sorry.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...hunt_110912/20110912/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

?? is this what you're refering to CB?
In the meantime... nite all, I'm whipped! Nite to the LE out there too -- good job guys - keep it up!!

There are other reports suggesting that Kienan was sitting up in the chair, wide awake when his father walked in.

Criminologist: "that suggests to me that the absence of anybody in or around the crime scene overnight was deliberate" "could well be that someone was assisting him, not with the abduction, but assisting him with the safe return of the child"

Attempted abduction in 2007, Hopely told Police he had been surveilling the boys residence for 3 weeks, and admitted to monitoring Police behaviours and response times.

Experts say he will likely do the right thing and turn himself in.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...sept_110901/20110901/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Forgive me if this was already posted... here is a link to the ctv story wherein it shows RH was planning AN abduction for 3 weeks... but THIS is not in reference to Kienan's abduction. The story specifies that this was regarding an attempted abduction of a 10 year old foster child in 2007.......

Interesting to note he was said to study police response time etc... and with that said, I question whether we should be discussing matters regarding where the search is happening etc online publicly?????? Couldn't this hinder police efforts???

THank you.. I just caught the end of it, and there were things written on the screen and it looked like screen shots of police reports and I was trying to take it all in at once.. So it wasn't THIS abduction they were referring to.. that makes a lot more sense, because I couldn't figure out how this tied in with the foiled abduction attempt the same night.

While I agree with the gist of your post regarding the penalites that should be imposed, I think you are underestimating the effects of FAS. I think that for every FAS adult that offends, the birth mother should serve the same sentence but that's a whole other thread LOL. But here are the odds that were stacked against Hopley before he was even born.

95% will have mental health problems;
60% will have "disrupted school experience";
60% will experience trouble with the law;
55% will be confined in prison, drug or alcohol treatment centre or mental institution;
52% will exhibit inappropriate sexual behaviour.

http://www.faslink.org/fasmain.htm

Also:

On a study on male pedophiles

Additional disabilities, such as autism spectrum disorder and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome were noted in 70% of the group.

Statistically, punishments do not work with FAS. The damage is done - and as harsh as this sounds, Hopley is, I believe, incurable. Again, I am not suggesting he be given a pass, or be allowed on the streets. I just think with the whole "tougher laws" suggestions we also need to consider attacking and solving the root of the evil if we want to really start putting a stop to these people wandering the streets to protect innocent children.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. The intense planning that went into what he did and what he tried to do to the 10 year old disabled boy do not sound like something someone with FAS is capable of.

Yes, I'm sure that there are people with such disabilities that molest kids. They may not fully understand the magnitude of what they are doing. They make have adult sexual appetites coupled with the mind of a child. They may not be classic pedophiles. And I think these types likely molest a child in a different manner, no real planning, no concerted attempts to evade. What Hopely did was complicated. I do not believe he is as disabled as some would believe.

Real pedophiles are people that are seriously attracted to children and attracted to hurting them. It is about control, power, domination, cruelty and pain. They fantasize about what they will do. They plan and plot. Sounds like Hopely to me. He simply does not sound like the Lenny (Mice and Men) type who simply wanted a "playmate". I just don't buy it. (With utmost respect!)

This is on twitter.. one of the reporters tweeted this..

ctvrob Rob Brown
Hopley has a history of studying police response and behaviour. Had likely planned abd Exclusive details @6.
9 Sep Favorite Retweet Reply

Wow. I hadn't read all the stuff about him watching the police, noting how they respond, when I wrote my last post. But. it's like I thought. He knew exactly what he was doing. He's no sad sack looking for a little friend. No one with FAS would be able to analyze police responses, IMO.

House left unguarded for B.C. abductor
CBC = Last Updated: Sep 12, 2011 7:20 PM PT

Full long article, VIDEO, and Pics at link : http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/09/12/abduction-search-suspect.html

IDK but in my opinion it sounds like there was some negotiations going on. I sensed it in the last PC before Hopley returned Kienan. There was no mention of his name and I just got the feeling that the officer was speaking in code.

I hope they didn't make a deal. Drop Kienan and get out of town. Nah. Would they? Not the RCMP. :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back