Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it was mentioned but I haven't seen it on other threads yet: even if DM isn't involved it's still a huge coincidence that he bought the incinerator within a couple weeks after Lb went missing. I hope it's only a coincidence...

Yes, the coincidence was noted. I also hope it is just a coincidence! :(

From this article it does seem like her parents think she was/is staying away on purpose.
"she simply is not ready to return home"

They are in denial, I am more than certain DM had something to do with it.

Me too Kevin!! Where in TO do her parents live does anyone know? Depressed daughter leaves home and goes missing and only the BF is searching and begging for help?? Unreal!!

This is the link to how we complain about their failure to both Serve and Protect LB and her BF. :facepalm:https://www.oiprd.on.ca/CMS/FAQs/Filing-A-Compliant.aspx

It was an ex-bf, and as such, would not be privy to case details.

my concern is if DM had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance, they are attaching his name to her and people have tunnel vision and may not really remember some key points around the time she disappeared..so hard to remember things now a year later..and might get clouded by the whole DM case.

Completely agree. His lawyer said he hasn't been questioned by police about it since his arrest in relation to TB. I think it is just coincidence and nothing more.

CFTO news at noon is reporting that the police have returned to the Ayr farm, they say that based on "information recieved" they are executing a search warrant and focusing on a specific area of the farm. They specified that this is in relation to the Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard investigations.

CFTO news at noon is reporting that the police have returned to the Ayr farm, they say that based on "information recieved" they are executing a search warrant and focusing on a specific area of the farm. They specified that this is in relation to the Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard investigations.

As reported on CBC, it's actually the Toronto Police Service who are currently at the farm, apparently it's their first time being there.

Regarding today's search, some people in the main [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210654"]search thread[/ame] are predicting this may turn out to be LB's remains.

I'm wondering if this could possibly explain why the info from LB's family seems so weird and...vague. Maybe LE already had a very good idea she was dead, and was just waiting on warrants, and the family has been instructed not to confirm anything either way.

We saw similar behavior to this with Whitney Heichel's family--there was so much evidence that Whitney was dead, but the family still did a few press events where they clearly knew what had happened (eveything came to a head VERY fast in that case), but they hadn't arrested the perp/recovered the body yet, and so LE had the family proceed as though they didn't know for sure. (It was heartbreaking, though, because the victim's Mom would occasionally slip up and refer to her in the past tense. I'm very sure the family already knew she was dead.)

It's incredibly inaccurate of Kitchener-CTV News to report 'According to police, phone records show a number of calls between Babcock and Dellen Millard, including the last call made from Babcock's phone before she disappeared.'

That credit goes to LS and only LS imo. Toronto Police initially said 'so what?'

At first, they understandably thought that but they were still looking I believe. I can understand not wanting to go public with lots of personal details, if they thought she was just staying away on purpose. That could embarrass Laura and make her stay away even more. With the amount of time that has gone by now, it seems they now know she might not be just staying away.

Is there a link to what LB's parents now know?

It's incredibly inaccurate of Kitchener-CTV News to report 'According to police, phone records show a number of calls between Babcock and Dellen Millard, including the last call made from Babcock's phone before she disappeared.'

That credit goes to LS and only LS imo. Toronto Police initially said 'so what?'

And how would this make a difference?

Regarding today's search, some people in the main search thread are predicting this may turn out to be LB's remains.

I'm wondering if this could possibly explain why the info from LB's family seems so weird and...vague. Maybe LE already had a very good idea she was dead, and was just waiting on warrants, and the family has been instructed not to confirm anything either way.

We saw similar behavior to this with Whitney Heichel's family--there was so much evidence that Whitney was dead, but the family still did a few press events where they clearly knew what had happened (eveything came to a head VERY fast in that case), but they hadn't arrested the perp/recovered the body yet, and so LE had the family proceed as though they didn't know for sure. (It was heartbreaking, though, because the victim's Mom would occasionally slip up and refer to her in the past tense. I'm very sure the family already knew she was dead.)

Replying to my own post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9510297&postcount=76"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013[/ame]

Regarding today's search, some people in the main search thread are predicting this may turn out to be LB's remains.

LE in this case is Toronto Police Service and I respectfully beg to differ if I may. At no time did TPS indicate they had a single thought on LB's whereabouts or her well being - their inaction showed that. According to TPS she left of her own accord (do not know how they could have known that) and no one had any business knowing otherwise, according to TPS.

Imo, TPS has no business at DM's farm - I sincerely wish Hamilton Police had followed through with whatever it is TPS thinks they will find in their search today.

And how would this make a difference?

Do we believe what the same journalists will advise us on the rest of the story? Or just go along with everything reported?

Sorry, I suspect most of us aren't sure what exactly you're implying, you'll probably need to be more specific. Remember a lot of us are not from Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member