GUILTY Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Jess for the information re: Global

:mad: How very chilling that a human being would not only kill his pregnant wife in cold blood but then present himself to her own mother and his own mother as if he were the traumatized bereaved husband.

I also find M.W. to be very (and I really hate to use the word) stupid.

It may seem strange to care about this factor, but it seems to me that if someone is going to murder someone and try and cover it up - at least be smart about it. Don't cause those who loved the victim more suffering than necessary by starting a bull-*advertiser censored* search party then making it about as hard to figure out who the real killer is as a 'Murder She Wrote' episode.

(Aside: I remember reading a Max Haines murder case that took place I think in the 1800s. The accused's shirt or hands or something were full of the deceased's blood. He claimed that the two of them were having consensual sex and she was menstruating at the time. I suspect that is something that today we can easily distinguish, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?):waitasec:

Meanwhile I hope he gets the kicked out of him in prison and I hope that it's possible for the 3 year old to have a healthy well-nurtured life far from his influence. Though it probably would be very hard on her psychologically to have him out of her life altogether at least right now. I don't know. Certainly she will be protected for quite some time from knowing what her father has done.

cosmos33 said:
Meanwhile I hope he gets the kicked out of him in prison and I hope that it's possible for the 3 year old to have a healthy well-nurtured life far from his influence. Though it probably would be very hard on her psychologically to have him out of her life altogether at least right now. I don't know. Certainly she will be protected for quite some time from knowing what her father has done.
I can't even imagine what must be going through that little girl's mind. She's definitely old enough to realize that her mom & dad aren't around. What could a person possibly say to that poor little girl? I'm glad she's with her "mommy's mommy".

Thanks for the updates guys. I think the blood evidence (if truly substantiated) goes a long way toward explaining how Liana decomposed so quickly. Wildlife would have picked up on her scent that much quicker. This would lead me to believe that this poor woman died brutally.

Michael is a coward.

How dare him show his face at his in-laws as a grief-stricken husband. I bet they are still reeling over that. There are no words to describe the kind of monster he is.

I'm grateful that Liana's daughter is with family and being protected. There is some solace in that she's only three.

cosmos33 said:
Thanks Jess for the information re: Global

:mad: How very chilling that a human being would not only kill his pregnant wife in cold blood but then present himself to her own mother and his own mother as if he were the traumatized bereaved husband.

I also find M.W. to be very (and I really hate to use the word) stupid.

It may seem strange to care about this factor, but it seems to me that if someone is going to murder someone and try and cover it up - at least be smart about it. Don't cause those who loved the victim more suffering than necessary by starting a bull-*advertiser censored* search party then making it about as hard to figure out who the real killer is as a 'Murder She Wrote' episode.

(Aside: I remember reading a Max Haines murder case that took place I think in the 1800s. The accused's shirt or hands or something were full of the deceased's blood. He claimed that the two of them were having consensual sex and she was menstruating at the time. I suspect that is something that today we can easily distinguish, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?):waitasec:

They can distinguish menstrual blood. I looked it up one time (about the blood spot on Laci's comforter), but don't remember where I read it now.

concernedperson said:
I am reeling over this too. Repugnant is the word I used earlier. I don't care if this is an older citizen. With age comes responsibility and none was shown by her. She doesn't deserve a book or any recognition perpetrated by a hoax. This is evil personified and let a pedophile loose on society...the world at large. There are kids in Bahrain, too.
EXACTLY CP - I was one who did not think MJ was proven guilty (which is not the point), but I am still deeply troubled by this marketing ploy that makes a farce out of a justice system- I mean for gods sake- if they thot he was guilty then so be it- I would have been ok with it-but they found him not guilty of everything-now that just makes me think its a sham-the sham is NOW- the only way to make money is to have dirt on MJ after the fact..well if u feel that way now-its not very long ago that u said the opposite..I have no respect for htese cowards who come out later with a different story-just make a judgement an honor it for gods sake.
(Whether or not MJ is guilty isnt my point here-so please dont be upset -I am simply saying that even I am pissed and would rather this jury have done the correct thing as they saw it at the time-no way you are going to have a radical change that fast unless there is something to be gained-like books and movie deals.

Looks like he will have time to stew over a new story.

Maybe, with finding the bload soaked rag(s), he will say, that it was a botched abortion he performed, because he couldnt bare another daughter, and didnt know what to do, so he panicked and killed her.

I am sure , good ole MW has more yarns to spin.

I could kick myself. There was a story on this today, that aired on "A Current Affair" at 6pm EST, and I missed it!!

spygirl said:
I could kick myself. There was a story on this today, that aired on "A Current Affair" at 6pm EST, and I missed it!!

I wonder if "A Current Affair" has transcripts? I'd like to have seen it too.
This guy is such a baby Huey idoit. Little Ashley is young enough so that she will make the adjustment of mom and dad being gone from her life. I would guess that she will growup with pictures of her mother all around but she no doubt won't remember her parents. In a way that is good because she won't grow up feeling that void/emptyness and feeling different then other kids. If she were a year or two older it would be a different story.

I want to know why this guy felt the world would be a better place without Lianna and the new baby in it. If his life was so miserable why didn't he just off himself? Why don't they all? These guys think nothing of ending the lives of their spouses but if they get the death penalty and it comes their time to die they squeal like stuck pigs....they don't want to die. Cowards...every one of them.

Sewing Deb, thanks for the info re: the blood. Wasn't able to find anything concrete on a Google search. A number of related links but looks like I would have to have bumbled through all the study details to get to a conclusion that may or may not be succinct and clear LOL.

newtv said:
EXACTLY CP - I was one who did not think MJ was proven guilty (which is not the point), but I am still deeply troubled by this marketing ploy that makes a farce out of a justice system- I mean for gods sake- if they thot he was guilty then so be it- I would have been ok with it-but they found him not guilty of everything-now that just makes me think its a sham-the sham is NOW- the only way to make money is to have dirt on MJ after the fact..well if u feel that way now-its not very long ago that u said the opposite..I have no respect for htese cowards who come out later with a different story-just make a judgement an honor it for gods sake.
(Whether or not MJ is guilty isnt my point here-so please dont be upset -I am simply saying that even I am pissed and would rather this jury have done the correct thing as they saw it at the time-no way you are going to have a radical change that fast unless there is something to be gained-like books and movie deals.

I think it's past time that the jury deliberations in California be taped for the judge. I wish these had been.

cosmos33 said:
Sewing Deb, thanks for the info re: the blood. Wasn't able to find anything concrete on a Google search. A number of related links but looks like I would have to have bumbled through all the study details to get to a conclusion that may or may not be succinct and clear LOL.

You're welcome. I came across it when I was looking for something else. Maybe I can find it again.

SewingDeb said:
I think it's past time that the jury deliberations in California be taped for the judge. I wish these had been.
Its a good idea but I can see the defense using it as appeal material. The whole idea of putting jurors under the pressure to perform vs just be who they are-jmo.

Two separate fundraisers were held - one put on this past Friday by Liana's co-workers through their union - raised $20,000. $5,000 from a local BBQ and $15,000 donated by other union locals supportive to the cause.

The second one was put on this past Saturday by Liana's neighbours. Again it was a BBQ. And they raised $9,000!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

Sat, August 13, 2005
$20G raised for slain woman's daughter

By BROOKES MERRITT, EDMONTON SUN

edsunmain.jpg
An AUPE planned Bar-b-que at the Royal Alexandra Hospital Friday afternoon drew hundreds of members from inside the hospital and other union staffed offices for an affordable lunch with proceeds going into trust for education for Ashley White, daughter of murder victim Liana White who worked at the Royal Alexandra. (Preston Brownschlaigle, Edmonton SUN)

Provincial employees raised more than $20,000 for Ashley White yesterday, the same day the three-year-old's slain mother would have celebrated her 30th birthday.

One quarter of the cash was raised at a barbecue at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, where Liana worked as a neonatal intensive care unit clerk. AUPE president Dan MacLennan said union locals across the province raised the other $15,000 for Ashley.

"Liana touched so many lives," he said. "Our members have really come together to support this cause, a lot are paying for two or three tickets but only having one burger."

Hundreds of firefighters, nurses and other provincial workers gathered for the fundraiser.

MacLennan said they purchased more than 2,000 $3 tickets and gobbled down more than 1,750 burgers.
Type=count&ClientType=2&AdID=36721&FlightID=19922&TargetID=4481&Segments=2371,4176,5882,6026,6038,6064,6094,6137,6273,6274,6802,7542,7716,8614&Targets=439,4362,4776,2580,2939,4481,3831,2642&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,82,93,100,110,150,155,213,224,257,332,334,363,379,380,396,407,490,493,860,1288,1315,1445,1467,1544,1947,2292,2307,2402,2540,2553,2580,2686,2698,2700,2702,2789,3070,3079,3148,3562&RawValues=USERID%2Cc0a8dcce-2073-1123286874-9&random=bzNImqs,bbqcNaReRmzds

The money raised will go towards Ashley's education and future, a cause union workers said is heart-warming.

"We're all here for the right reasons," said one of Liana's co-workers, who asked not to be named.

Hospital driver Natalie Simard said she'd never met Liana, but knows how important the money will be for Ashley in the years to come.

"She's lost a lot," Simard said. "She'll be able to look back and realize how the community reached out to help her."

Ashley's father, Michael White, has been charged with second-degree murder and indignity to a dead body in connection with her mother's death.

Ashley now lives with her grandmother in Edmonton.

A second fundraising barbecue will be held tomorrow at the Dunluce community hall from noon until 6 p.m. Also, the Crown and Anchor Pub, 15277 Castle Downs Rd., will host benefit musical performances tonight.

And here is the report on that 2nd BBQ:

Dunluce chips in for Ashley

By MAX MAUDIE, EDMONTON SUN

While little Ashley White played in anonymity, Edmontonians around her donated more than $9,000 to her future yesterday.

Around 1,000 people streamed through the Dunluce community hall starting at noon, ensuring Ashley's future isn't short on support. And while organizers didn't announce it, Ashley played in the background.

"She played in the park. She played in the jumpy thing. She had her face painted. She had a great time," said organizer Pam Dhaliwal, who lived across the street from Liana White.

Ashley's father, Michael White, has been charged with second-degree murder and committing an indignity to a body in connection with her mother's death.

Liana, 29, vanished on the morning of July 12. Her body was found five days later, in a rural ditch, by a search party Michael lead.
Type=count&ClientType=2&AdID=36721&FlightID=19922&TargetID=4481&Segments=2371,4176,5882,6026,6038,6064,6094,6137,6273,6274,6802,7542,7716,8614&Targets=439,4362,4776,2580,2939,4481,3831,2642&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,82,93,100,110,150,155,213,224,257,332,334,363,379,380,396,407,490,493,860,1288,1315,1445,1467,1544,1947,2292,2307,2402,2540,2553,2580,2686,2698,2700,2702,2789,3070,3079,3148,3562&RawValues=USERID%2Cc0a8dcce-2073-1123286874-9&random=boydfKI,bbqcNeqcgugnn

Ashley now lives with her grandmother in Edmonton.

Though her parents have been taken from her, Ashley deserves a childhood, Dhaliwal said.

"Yeah, she does. And that was one of the main reasons we didn't (announce she was at the fundraiser.)" The money will establish the Ashley Hope Fund, a fund being set up for the girl at TD Bank for her "upbringing and her education," Dhaliwal said.

This is heart warming info, cosmos33. Thanks for posting.

:)

It is so heart warming when a whole community gathers together in the mist of a tragedy. What a wonderful place Lianna worked at...so much compassion.

When is the creeps first court date...anyone heard yet?

The last I heard was that he would appear before Court of Queen's Bench in March of 2006.

Hi-just popping in to remind/reassure Liana that I have not forgotten her-and am looking ofrward to her husband being tried..just because there is no news doesnt mean you (Liana) have been forgotten-u and your daughter are in my thots everyday.

newtv said:
Hi-just popping in to remind/reassure Liana that I have not forgotten her-and am looking ofrward to her husband being tried..just because there is no news doesnt mean you (Liana) have been forgotten-u and your daughter are in my thots everyday.
Ditto ditto, newtv! I check in to see if anything new has been added to this thread as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back