GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it odd that there has not been any organized searches for Loretta?

Yes I find it weird. When amber kerwin went missing they searched for her immediately. Usually they start around the area the person was last seen and then start to branch out...

I wonder if Blake lived in Bridgewater, NS at some point? A family member went to highschool there.

The search effort (or seeming lack thereof) is very frustrating. At this time of year any still waters in Eastern Canada are frozen over which must greatly restrict the search area. These two were cheeky. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that they had driven a great distance with a body in the trunk. That being said, the drive is over 1300 miles. 90% of Canada is Crown Land. I'm in Ontario and camp and fish a couple of times a year on Crown land-it's free and it's private. Many trips I've gone a full 2 or 3 weeks without seeing or hearing a single person. I think LE is just waiting for one of these two to spill everything. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I would think that with the removal of all of the piercings and trashy makeup that this little girl will talk. LE knows they did it and so does everyone on this site. Only one of them can make a deal-and they will IMO. If I may,this seems like some bubblegum wanna be Natural Born Killers nonsense. Her replies on <modsnip> (I felt pretty dirty after looking at that site) were childish and sounded more like a 14 year old having a tantrum than anything.

I used to live in Halifax and this one has hit pretty close to home for me. If anything good can come of any of this I hope it is a focus on the causes that this lovely young woman felt so very passionately about. I hope that she can leave her mark and make the difference that she had intended to and continue to make her friends and community proud.

The search effort (or seeming lack thereof) is very frustrating. At this time of year any still waters in Eastern Canada are frozen over which must greatly restrict the search area. These two were cheeky. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that they had driven a great distance with a body in the trunk. That being said, the drive is over 1300 miles. 90% of Canada is Crown Land. I'm in Ontario and camp and fish a couple of times a year on Crown land-it's free and it's private. Many trips I've gone a full 2 or 3 weeks without seeing or hearing a single person. I think LE is just waiting for one of these two to spill everything. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I would think that with the removal of all of the piercings and trashy makeup that this little girl will talk. LE knows they did it and so does everyone on this site. Only one of them can make a deal-and they will IMO. If I may,this seems like some bubblegum wanna be Natural Born Killers nonsense. Her replies on <modsnip> (I felt pretty dirty after looking at that site) were childish and sounded more like a 14 year old having a tantrum than anything.

I used to live in Halifax and this one has hit pretty close to home for me. If anything good can come of any of this I hope it is a focus on the causes that this lovely young woman felt so very passionately about. I hope that she can leave her mark and make the difference that she had intended to and continue to make her friends and community proud.

Victoria is 28 years old, so removing the tough look might not reveal anything more a tough woman. I hope that investigators are cautious about making a deal with either of them. This happened in her comfort zone, where she has lived for years, and on Valentine's Day, which I think has more meaning for women than men. In looking at the post upthread where her cross country travels are documented, I almost get the impression that she is either pursuing Blake, or she's leaving him to get a reaction from him. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that she was needy in terms of wanting more of an emotional attachment, or commitment, from him. A murder would certainly represent an emotional commitment for a screwed up woman like Victoria.

I wonder if Blake lived in Bridgewater, NS at some point? A family member went to highschool there.

Thanks Matou. Am seeing linkages that would indicate that Blake is originally from the New Germany, Nova Scotia area. Nothing that can be linked but just by chasing through social media linkages.

On the mylife.com site I can find a Blake Leggette born in Calgary in 1988.

http://www.mylife.com/blakeleggette

Yes, that would be him imo but it shows that he was born in 1988 which would make him 25 (bang on) and that he is currently living in Calgary at the time the MyLife was setup. Not trying to pee on the parade but really think Blake is originally from New Germany, Nova Scotia.

Her boyfriend seems like a good guy. They travelled to Turkey to visit his family and they`ve been together for 2.5 years. He knew that she did a home pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago and that it was positive, but he was waiting for confirmation from medical practitioners. She moved in with him about a month ago, which might coincide with the positive pregnancy test.

As a visiting student in Canada, I can understand that he didn`t go to police when he received the strange text from Loretta on Feb 13. He obviously knew about her meth history and it`s possible that he wondered if she fell off the wagon, or he didn`t really want to involve police without knowing for sure that something was truly wrong.

Victoria is 28 years old, so removing the tough look might not reveal anything more a tough woman. I hope that investigators are cautious about making a deal with either of them. This happened in her comfort zone, where she has lived for years, and on Valentine's Day, which I think has more meaning for women than men. In looking at the post upthread where her cross country travels are documented, I almost get the impression that she is either pursuing Blake, or she's leaving him to get a reaction from him. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that she was needy in terms of wanting more of an emotional attachment, or commitment, from him. A murder would certainly represent an emotional commitment for a screwed up woman like Victoria.

Your perceptions are very interesting and probably bang on. Do you (in your opinion) think Victoria may have been involved in anything else very sinister in nature (murder)?

Although there have been no formal organized searches the general public has been engaged in looking in some nooks and crannies around the Halifax area - the Dingle and York Redoubt for example. The weather this weekend has been fantastic and the snow has been melting which makes ground visibility much better.
My opinion is that the two that were arrested would be wanting to travel very light meaning that any disposal would be in the Halifax area or on the way out of town which would make the area around the airport a likely spot.

Really do not know what to think anymore. Hopefully one of the two nut cases will fess up soon.

IMO her age is irrelevant. In her posts she just sounds like a naive kid. She had created this "dark" strong woman image with hair dye, mascara, push up bras and piercings. Stripping a 28 year old of her BS look would do a lot of damage to her psyche. She had surface piercings that would have had to be removed by a Doctor. This is just some punk kid who's traveled from town to town racking up rent and bills and taking off after burning every bridge she's crossed. Somewhere along the lines she met up with Blake who had as little ambition as she did. What a perfect match.

The Valentine's Day gift theory makes me a little nauseous. Reminds me of Karla Homolka's Christmas gift to Paul Bernardo. Her little sister.

Your perceptions are very interesting and probably bang on. Do you (in your opinion) think Victoria may have been involved in anything else very sinister in nature (murder)?

I doubt that Victoria went as far as murder before, but I suspect that she has been involved in situations that were either criminal or borderline criminal. I think that she has a dishonest streak that involves misrepresenting herself and attempting to gain something from others by saying the right things.

She has several claims of studying, but I don`t believe any of them. She claims that she completed the accounting certificate courses at Dalhousie University, but she was only there from 2010-2011. Most certificate programs require four to six 30-40 hour courses. I doubt that she completed a certificate. She appears to be a fraud, or a con, in all aspects of her life.

Given that she tried to live rent free in Halifax, I wouldn`t be surprised to learn that this was not the first time she did this. I hope that everyone from Nova Scotia to British Columbia that met her between 2011 to today reports everything they know about her to authorities. The more investigators know about her, the easier it will be to get the truth without making a plea deal.

For example, Calgary summer floods meant all sorts of government assistance and free accommodation, but that ended in January. She was in Calgary in November. Was she taking advantage of the system, and when that ran out in January, she returned to Halifax? There`s no job history for that time period on her linkedin profile, so how did she pay for food and accommodation?

IMO her age is irrelevant. In her posts she just sounds like a naive kid. She had created this "dark" strong woman image with hair dye, mascara, push up bras and piercings. Stripping a 28 year old of her BS look would do a lot of damage to her psyche. She had surface piercings that would have had to be removed by a Doctor. This is just some punk kid who's traveled from town to town racking up rent and bills and taking off after burning every bridge she's crossed. Somewhere along the lines she met up with Blake who had as little ambition as she did. What a perfect match.

The Valentine's Day gift theory makes me a little nauseous. Reminds me of Karla Homolka's Christmas gift to Paul Bernardo. Her little sister.

Amanda Hayes, age 41 and recently convicted of second degree murder for her part in chopping up a mother of two and feeding her to the alligators, sounded like a little girl when she testified, but she`s no nice little girl. She and her husband are monsters. She dressed like a school girl, used her best little girl voice, pronounced words like a confused little girl ... all for show and manipulation.

Karla`s Christmas gift to Paul, Amanda Knox`s Halloween Prank, perhaps Victoria`s Valentine love bond.

Although there have been no formal organized searches the general public has been engaged in looking in some nooks and crannies around the Halifax area - the Dingle and York Redoubt for example. The weather this weekend has been fantastic and the snow has been melting which makes ground visibility much better.
My opinion is that the two that were arrested would be wanting to travel very light meaning that any disposal would be in the Halifax area or on the way out of town which would make the area around the airport a likely spot.

Really do not know what to think anymore. Hopefully one of the two nut cases will fess up soon.

Halifax is a lovely city with a very strong sense of pride in their community. I don't doubt that people are doing as much as they can in this search. I'm in Toronto and we've had a pretty mild weekend as well but we're still covered in ice (and slush). Whenever I fly into Halifax I smush my face right up to my window as we're about to land because the massive forest and little lakes and streams are overwhelmingly beautiful. It is a very vast area.

I don't know what to think anymore either. When something this senseless happens it's hard to even try and make sense of it.

I'd love to see these two dropped off in Labrador. I'm sure Loretta's family would be glad to give them a quick tour. Now THAT would be justice.

Halifax is a lovely city with a very strong sense of pride in their community. I don't doubt that people are doing as much as they can in this search. I'm in Toronto and we've had a pretty mild weekend as well but we're still covered in ice (and slush). Whenever I fly into Halifax I smush my face right up to my window as we're about to land because the massive forest and little lakes and streams are overwhelmingly beautiful. It is a very vast area.

I don't know what to think anymore either. When something this senseless happens it's hard to even try and make sense of it.

Agree Halifax is beautiful and this has shaken the neighborhood to its core. Can I ask you since you have lived in Halifax this:
If you were to look for Loretta in an unofficial way of course where would be some spots that you would key in on? One place is Hemlock Ravine park which has the heart shaped pond - any place else other than the ones I have already mentioned. I am in the area right now and have about 2 hours of daylight left and am seriously considering checking out the Hemlock Ravine park within the next hour....will take jeep as am not sure of how icy/snowy it would be there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste