GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried they dumped her in the garbage somewhere. Sorry for being graphic.

I kinda am thinking along the same lines though sadly... Only because, once again it reminds me of the case here in Sarnia.

I kinda am thinking along the same lines though sadly... Only because, once again it reminds me of the case here in Sarnia.

I think so too. We've seen that in more than a few cases here, so I'm hoping the police are searching dumpsters and any landfill sites around the city. I think they took what they wanted ($$/bank card) and wanted to be rid of her as soon as possible; I don't think they took her out of NS.

I think so too. We've seen that in more than a few cases here, so I'm hoping the police are searching dumpsters and any landfill sites around the city. I think they took what they wanted ($$/bank card) and wanted to be rid of her as soon as possible; I don't think they took her out of NS.

Unless they wanted to make more money off Loretta by trafficking her , which given the alternatives would be preferable imo.

Fwiw, Lake Ontario is one of the few bodies of water than has not frozen...

http://www.thewhig.com/2014/02/18/frozen-in-time

"KINGSTON - This long and cold winter has produced yet another unusual phenomenon.

For the first time in almost 20 years over 75% of the Great Lakes have frozen over.

Not since 1994 when, in early February of that year, 91% of the lake system was frozen, has such a high percentage of the Great Lakes system gone into deep freeze.

The cold, hard facts are provided by the Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratories of Ann Arbor, Mich.

As of earlier this month, Lake Ontario was the least ice covered among the Great Lakes with only 32% covered. It's usually the last lake among the five to freeze over, because it's one of the deepest, one of the smallest and is situated further south than most of the others, said Environment Canada senior climatologist David Phillips.

A view of Kingston's shoreline on Tuesday shows that the most easterly section of the lake is frozen over, but satellite images from NASA show a lot of open water in the middle and western sections of the lake"

Yes, they wouldn't travel with her body in the car IMO. They likely grabbed her at the apartment and dumped her in the garbage bin right there. I don't think they got her pin number from her if they tried to go on her online banking. JMO

Hello All!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite sometime. I have to say that I am so impressed and overwhelmed by the work that you all have put into find Loretta. I'm from Halifax, and as a graduate student (who went to SMU), I've been completely taken with this story.

Following all that has been found about the case I am very concerned for Loretta and her wellbeing - I do hope they find her safely...I've even thought that maybe this is part of her thesis plan- providing a casestudy for her thesis...but I don't think we're that lucky.

I have to say that there are sooooo many odd things about this. (1) the lack of search parties, (2) the conflicting information from her bf, (3) her advisor's letter (while lovely and from the heart, I would feel very uncomfortable if my advisor interacted with me like that), and (4) the timeline of her leaving the apartment alone.

I hope that we soon hear that progress has been made with the interrogation.

Thank you all for doing such a great job with this story and keeping us informed. As a young woman from Halifax, it's nice to know that there is such a large community out there looking and hoping for the safety of Loretta.

I guess the cab driver can help to clear things up. If Loretta left her car at the apartment and took a cab somewhere, and the persons with her car and bank card state that it was part of a social experiment, then this will not bode well for anyone. If it was meant to demonstrate that aboriginal women vanish and no one cares, the experiment was a dismal failure.

I would hope that, if that was the case, Loretta would come forward and relieve the concerns and worry of her family. Given that she hasn`t, it does appear to be a geniune disappearance against her will.

I agree that her professors comments about her, and her thesis proposal, are unusual. Praise for the 28 pages to state what should be said in 10 pages was the first eye brow raiser. If students go off on some tangent and do their own thing, professors usually pull them back to the criteria of the assignment right away. There is no praise for not following the assignment requirements. Another point that doesn`t sit well with me is that the prof. said that Loretta wanted to research three missing or deceased women in NS, but he has expanded that to suggest that she was instead writing about 600 women in Canada (500+ of whom have not been reported missing). It gives me the impression that his agenda is over-shadowing her honour`s thesis proposal.

She left the boyfriend`s apartment in the morning to collect rent. The cab at 2:30 is in question, but we don`t know if that added anything. There are some missing hours there, especially if the no one was home at the apartment. It`s all rather strange.

Was this past week Reading Week at St Mary`s University.

Returned from Hemlock Ravine park - did not find anything. The area is rough and very icy so could not walk back through the trails. Did manage to walk to the back end of the heart shaped pond. The jeep was parked by the sign so did manage to walk back in a fair ways. Here are some pictures of the area:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66419730@N08/

Thank you for taking the time to search and photograph! It is much appreciated as it gives a better understanding of area.

The former roommate of a missing Halifax woman is wanted by Alberta RCMP on two outstanding warrants.

Blake Leggette, 25, is wanted on warrants for possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana. He had been scheduled to appear before a Drumheller, Alta., court on April 16, 2013, but failed to appear.

Leggette is currently facing several charges in connection to the disappearance of Loretta Saunders in Halifax.

Leggette is trying to flee police. I wonder when he made the escape to NS? Where was he living before Loretta's apartment?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...er-roommate-wanted-on-alta-warrants-1.2548394

They moved from outwest to Pembroke area in March 2013.

And then planned on moving. IN victorias words, she LOVED being a student with Athabasca, but wanted to go to an actual campus, she felt she could learn more that way and actually experience school properly...

Victoria Love
27 September 2013
This time next week we will be back out in Halifax !!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO :)
So happy to be going home !

Yes, they wouldn't travel with her body in the car IMO. They likely grabbed her at the apartment and dumped her in the garbage bin right there. I don't think they got her pin number from her if they tried to go on her online banking. JMO

Some information on garbage collection (or lack of) in Halifax - Cowie Hill is covered under Area 1. The week of February 10th to the 14th 2014 was green bin collection only (recycle food waste), bottles, etc. There was no garbage bag pickups that week in Halifax. Apartment buildings normally have fairly large green dumpster type bins which are used for larger waste and are picked up by a company that is contracted by the apartment building. Most if not all of these bins are picked up by the BFI waste collection company.

Here is the collection schedule for normal garbage bags and green bins link for Halifax:
http://halifax.ca/wrms/documents/2014AreaI.pdf

So after going through ALL the comments on VH's photos, this is a summary and a loose timeline of what I found.

VH was born on Sept 15th, 1986

In 2011 she had two cell numbers 902-[modsnip] and 902-[modsnip] both Halifax area codes.

In Dec 2011 she stated to a friend 'Be in Ontario soon".

In February 2012 she posted "I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to chase after me. But instead you just watched me leave..."

April 18, 2012 she posted "<3 you so much"

In May 2012 she stated that she was living in Pembroke, ON

October 2012 she posted many items of clothing for sale in Chiliwak, BC

December 2012 she posted "Miss you more than anything Blake."

May 2013 she is advertising in the buy and sell in Ottawa and Petawawa, ON

June 2013 advertising in the Ottawa Buy and sell

June 2013 she states in a post that she is a Full-Time University student from Pembroke, ON

September 11, 2013 she posts that her cat has gone missing.

November 7, 2013 She posts that she is living in Calgary, AB and trying to find a home for her cats.

February 7th, 2013 She indicates in a post that she does not have a cell phone (sent in for a repair).

Thanks again for putting these dates together for Victoria.

Where would a young lady with no apparent means of supporting herself (Victoria) get the money to move from coast to coast in Canada with such relative ease.

Drugs/prostitution? I am dumbfounded at the amount of footloose traveling - traveling is not cheap these days no matter the means of transportation.

Reference to Alice Ramnit comprehensive list that was put together so very nicely.

Where would a young lady with no apparent means of supporting herself (Victoria) get the money to move from coast to coast in Canada with such relative ease.

Drugs/prostitution? I am dumbfounded at the amount of footloose traveling - traveling is not cheap these days no matter the means of transportation.

Reference to Alice Ramnit comprehensive list that was put together so very nicely.

I assume she received her money from Welfare, here in Ontario welfare will give you the funds to move Canada wide for employment.

Add in... My brother in law received funding to move from Windsor to Edmonton for employment purposes.

So no one finds it weird the rcmp didnt release the footage of her leaving the apartment?

So no one finds it weird the rcmp didnt release the footage of her leaving the apartment?

I would love to see that footage. Yes, it's weird to me. I want to know if she was in an underground parking or left through the front entrance to her car parked above ground.

Student Loans perhaps? She was studying via Athabasca with online course work.

[modsnip]

I would like to see it but don't find it strange that they have not released it. By not releasing the footage, it tells me that the RCMP have nothing to gain in releasing it. Meaning the footage probably just confirms that she left the building on her own.

Dunno ... maybe they will release it in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member