GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the $11k ******** account brought the family of seven (???) to the aboriginal centre in Halifax?

I'm speculating, but this doesn't add up no matter how we look at it. The boyfriend not notifying someone, anyone, that his recently pregnant girlfriend vanished the day before Valentine's Day ... after she left to collect sublet rent ... a month after she moved in with him (his parents are flying in from Turkey as soon as visa possible) ... it doesn't sound right. Loretta vanished for 5 days and he said nothing to anyone? ... and this was his girlfriend of 2.5 years? ... and he's a 3-4 year student at Dalhousie University? I don't care if he's from Pluto, there's no excuse for that; no possible language and sensibility barriers that should arise because he is a visiting student from Turkey ... no wonder his parents are eagerly awaiting travel visas. I'm curious as to whether he's an engineering student.

--According to the Dal link I poster previously he is a computer science major.

The longer this poor young lady is missing the more this seems to be becoming an aboriginal media issue than a missing person case. I don't know how to explain it correctly but it's like it is becoming a " movement". A sort of idle no more of missing aboriginal women. Which isn't a bad thing in some ways, except that for some reason there is just something about the way all this is developing that kind of raises the little hairs on my arms...something about it bothers me. For me it started with the prof that was talking about her thesis and keeps growing ever time I see an idle no more or similar hashtag added to a post about Loretta being missing. Sorry I am not explaining myself very well here. I cant quite put my finger on why it is bothering me I guess.
http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/lorettas-disappearance-part-horrific-pattern/21840

Was also just thinking that the cameras at the Cobequid Pass toll booths would have got a good look at the cars occupants as you have to come to a complete stop there.
I doubt they would have bothered to get off the highway to take the route around the tolls.

Apologies if this was already posted

Cab driver may have witnessed Loretta Saunders' disappearance, Halifax police say

Halifax police appealed to the public Saturday for information about a taxi that was parked in the area where a missing university student was last seen more than a week ago.

Investigators say the cab was parked in a roundabout at the front entrance of an apartment building around 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 13.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ta-saunders-disappearance-halifax-police-say/

ETA. I'm way behind on this case. I see this was already posted.

Was it confirmed whether Loretta sublet her apartment through an ad in Kiiji or was it through the boyfriend ?

Does anyone have a decent timeline to work with?

Do you guys really think this couple possibly (hopefully not) murdered Loretta for her car and debit card?

Do you think if they murdered her that they would be dumb enough to continue to just drive her car and try to use her bank card?

Is it just me or is something WAY off here??

I just can't think of any other theory. I think they truly thought they'd get away with it.

Do we know how much money Loretta had in her account?

I wish LE would release more information. So frustrating to follow cases when details are so limited. I have the same questions you all have.

Where did Loretta go after she left the apartment ? Did LE find her cellphone? Did the suspects have it when they were located ? Her phone should hold some clues.

Do you guys really think this couple possibly (hopefully not) murdered Loretta for her car and debit card?

Do you think if they murdered her that they would be dumb enough to continue to just drive her car and try to use her bank card?

Is it just me or is something WAY off here??

I agree- I can't imagine they planned on murdering her just for the car or debit card...it's more likely that they had an altercation and maybe they got physical and Loretta accidentally got hurt.

However, there has been some mention that maybe they had planned, and that it was their intention to kill her- kind of like two lovers enjoying a murder together. If that was the case...you think they wouldn't have left the city so quickly.

In regards to the length of her proposal.

I've read quite a few honours thesis, and they are generally around 40 pages. I can't imagine a proposal for that level being that long. Typically a master's/phd proposal is around that length.

I mean, this is likely not a relevant detail...but there is something that struck me as off about her advisor's email. As someone mentioned, it might be more of a cultural connection between an advisor-student ... but it just seems a bit unprofessional to me to post an article about how you're feeling about your student. I can see saying some of those things to a new outlet to honour her, but it was just a bit over the top...not to mention the way he said he communicated to her in general was a bit off to me...but again, he could just be an extremely lovely man truly wishing to support one of his students. I wonder if SMU had anything to say about his article.

A question posted upthread: why would Loretta sublet her apartment to people she met on kijiji without at least the first month rent and damage deposit, or is there a high vacancy rate and "one month free" deals in Halifax right now?

Because there are SO many students here, and really a range of very low-end housing, there's a lot of turn over with apartments.

I know quite a few friends that have found roommates and subletters from kijiji (I subletting my apartment this way once).

Often people will say "first month free" during times when students aren't typically looking for apartments. Or she might not have realized that the first month + damage deposit would be a smart thing to do- especially if this was her first time subletting to someone.

Honestly, the comment about finding subletters on kijiji didn't shock me at all. As a student from Halifax, this is a very common thing to do.

I think it's a possibility that Victoria and Blake are grifters, looking for kicks and thrills, move to town, take a sublet without paying anything up front, delay paying rent for two weeks, steal the "landlord's" car, get her Bank PIN, clean out her account, leave her in a ditch? She's not heard from again. The "landlord" is an honour student with a promising future in law, yet she gets taken by grafter?

They would have murdered her.
Something is "way off".

The couple had been together for two and a half years, she had met his parents in Turkey, and they were happy about the new pregnancy, but were awaiting medical confirmation. When she vanished the day before Valentine's Day, it didn't concern the boyfriend/visiting student from Turkey for five days, or did he notify family right away? When did he notify his parents? The father reported her missing. This makes sense as it has to be a next of kin, but was it because they were in daily contact and he hadn't heard from her, or was it because the boyfriend phoned the parents? Did the father, after not hearing from his daughter, contact authorities, or did the boyfriend alert the parents to the fact that she was missing.

If they are gifters, that might explain why they travel a lot...I wonder if the police are looking at other missing women from these locations. I do think that if this was the case, they wouldn't have fled so quickly....you would think they would have stayed longer or at least be a bit smarter on how they executed it....taking her car just seems like SUCH a dumb move.

I also find it strange that the bf didn't find it odd that she was gone all weekend. I mean, I guess it's possible that if they were really busy students they might miss eachother because of their schedules, and perhaps as an international student he wasn't prescribing to a largely western holiday...but still...to not make contact the mother of your future child for that long...just seems odd. Have we heard anything more from him since? Is he working with the family at all?

I just can't think of any other theory. I think they truly thought they'd get away with it.

Do we know how much money Loretta had in her account?

Not to say that I know Loretta's financial situation...but I can't imagine she would have enough money in her account that would make it worth while. Most students here who are living on their own are really pinching pennies...the cost of living isn't cheap.

Does anyone have a decent timeline to work with?

We really don't. And I think this is a major issue.

There is a major gap between the time Loretta was seen leaving the apartment on Thursday afternoon, to the time the cellphone pinged in Ont.

I just had a thought....there's been a lot of great suggestion about video from the highway and such...you would think the police would be expanding their request for knowledge all along the highway and into NB, Que and Ont. Wouldn't it be valuable to ask about information outside of the HRM?

Do you think this means that they think it all happened within the HRM, and that Loretta is somewhere in here? Why wouldn't they be interested in people seeing the two suspects outside of HRM?

The longer this poor young lady is missing the more this seems to be becoming an aboriginal media issue than a missing person case. I don't know how to explain it correctly but it's like it is becoming a " movement". A sort of idle no more of missing aboriginal women. Which isn't a bad thing in some ways, except that for some reason there is just something about the way all this is developing that kind of raises the little hairs on my arms...something about it bothers me. For me it started with the prof that was talking about her thesis and keeps growing ever time I see an idle no more or similar hashtag added to a post about Loretta being missing. Sorry I am not explaining myself very well here. I cant quite put my finger on why it is bothering me I guess.
http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/lorettas-disappearance-part-horrific-pattern/21840

This bothers me too! This is why I think it might be related to her thesis...it is a grand statement to think just an honours thesis would go that far...but the connections are just too uncanny. It gives me goosebumbs.

Hi guys, remember it's against :tos: to sleuth people that are non POI's or family members of POI's.

Also, :welcome3:

There are at least 8 hwy cams between Halifax and the Amherst NS/NB border. I think someone mentioned they had been seen gassing the car up shortly after 4 on the 13 or 14 th in the Halifax area ? So if they left the city straight away that would put them travelling past most of these cameras while it is still daylight. Then as I said before the Cobequid Pass Toll has cameras and you have to come to a stop there. If they went though there later in the evening it is a very well lit up place.
I am sure the police would be able to establish a timeline from the cameras themselves as we know how long it takes to get from one to another so any extended periods of time between would mean they stopped for some reason.
That is the one thing you can count on in today's digital world that you are always on a camera somewhere in your day. Especially in urban areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse