GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope the police play them against each other and one of them spills the beans.

I think that is the intent and why they were brought back separately.

IMO LE has a lot more evidence than just stealing the car and bank card. Neither of those are major crimes. The car is 14 years old and not worth much.

On both charges most times you would be charged, bonded and then released to appear.

Let's hope the police play them against each other and one of them spills the beans.

I think that is the intent and why they were brought back separately.

IMO LE has a lot more evidence than just stealing the car and bank card. Neither of those are major crimes. The car is 14 years old and not worth much.

On both charges most times you would be charged, bonded and then released to appear.

Wonder if LE processed the car in Ontario for evidence? Or if the car has been brought back to Nova Scotia for processing.

Wonder if LE processed the car in Ontario for evidence? Or if the car has been brought back to Nova Scotia for processing.
I read that the car was being brought for processing but I can not find the link.

My hope is that once she is back that this is over quickly. He has been back since last night and no doubt is being repeatedly interviewed.

I hope that they give up her location and allow her loved ones the opportunity to know what happened to her.

After reading about the Holly Bartlett case, I sincerely hope that the car is processed in Ontario. I also hope that the pair were questioned in Ontario.

“Under the Criminal Code we have asked for a six-day remand for the purpose of bringing the accused back to Halifax to answer to the charge currently in front of the court, which in this case [is] the theft of a motor vehicle charges. So [she] is going to be brought back before Thursday and will appear in court before Thursday.”

He added there's been no shortage of help from the public.

"We've received a tremendous amount of tips both locally and from away in relation to the disapperance of Miss. Saunders. We are currently reviewing these tips and going through that and it's all under investigation."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...sappearance-suspect-back-in-halifax-1.2549411

It is true that less info is available in Canadian cases. Frustrating.

This is a plausible theory. It also means that there should be footage of them at a bank because all ATMs & banks have cameras.
There are many ATM's in convenience stores ,restaurants,etc without cameras.Also they could have went online with any computer or phone and transferred the money from her account.My experience is that when you use a different PC to access your bank account it asks you to answer security questions.It does not do that at an ATM.It will just keep the card after 3 attempts.My gut feeling is that she was trying to access her account from a different device (forced by them) .If it was someone else how would they know to text the boyfriend?How would they even know he was the boyfriend? Perhaps she was trying to tell him in an indirect way that something was wrong.

Hello websleuth community.

It's my first time posting here , but have followed a few cases here recently.i am originally from Nova Scotia so I have an interest in cases in this geographical area. Must recently I followed the Kirwan case. ( great job Bravo and truth prevails with all the updates with that case). Concerning that case, pleased on the verdict handed done to CF... Still some lingering questions... But that's another case and thread altogether.

Well this case,as it's developing should be a big day tomorrow with the scheduled appearance of Blake Legette. Depending on bail, release, further proceedings regarding is outstanding warrants and current charges and the outcome, conditions should give us a strong indication of investigation of his involvement with Loretta Saunders case.

There are a lot of theories, speculation surrounding everything right now, but by the end of the day tomorrow we should be able to see the direction LE and investigators are headed in.

I am hoping and praying for the best for LS and her family.

Code of Honour

Quote::"Or is this a social experiment, meant to demonstrate that when aboriginal women go missing in Canada, no one cares, and therefore the 500+ number of unnamed missing women (that distrust the RCMP) is real (rather than the 64 verified missing women). As a social experiment, it reveals that all of Canada cares when a University student vanishes, and no one cares where that student was born. If a disappearance is not reported, it's true that RCMP are unable to verify names, that no one will look for the missing person, and still no one cares where that person was born. Of the reported 600 missing aboriginal women, more than 500 have not been reported missing (64 are verified missing, 54 have been reported missing, but not verified)."

Well in the off "chance" that it is a social experiment is does prove that there is a heck of a lot more concern and media attention for one missing aboriginal woman who is pale, blonde, gorgeous and successful than 600 missing aboriginal women who "look" aboriginal and are not what society deems to be successful. Damn shame.

Respectfully snipped by me for space considerations:

They found the car by tracing cell phone pings from Loretta's cell phone which led them to Windsor Ontario and then to Harrow Ontario.
I'm not real up on phone pings but if the phone was on would it ping all along their route? does it still ping if it's turned off? Or does it only ping while in use. Don't today's phones all have built in GPS ?

Please let her be safe! Halifax locals: is it accurate that there is no canvassing or search efforts organized?

I'm not real up on phone pings but if the phone was on would it ping all along their route? does it still ping if it's turned off? Or does it only ping while in use. Don't today's phones all have built in GPS ?

Pings when used on outgoing call/text - believe it will ping also on incoming call/text even if not responded to.

Most phones today have built in GPS however this can be manually turned off on the phone (meaning GPS capable but must be manually enabled). The only time that a cell phone will not ping is if the battery is dead or removed from the phone.

Please let her be safe! Halifax locals: is it accurate that there is no canvassing or search efforts organized?

There has been no organized search effort for Loretta nor organized canvassing for Loretta. Activity has been focused on putting up Missing Posters.

Some locals, however, have checked in some of the obvious places.

Hello websleuth community.

It's my first time posting here , but have followed a few cases here recently.i am originally from Nova Scotia so I have an interest in cases in this geographical area. Must recently I followed the Kirwan case. ( great job Bravo and truth prevails with all the updates with that case). Concerning that case, pleased on the verdict handed done to CF... Still some lingering questions... But that's another case and thread altogether.

Well this case,as it's developing should be a big day tomorrow with the scheduled appearance of Blake Legette. Depending on bail, release, further proceedings regarding is outstanding warrants and current charges and the outcome, conditions should give us a strong indication of investigation of his involvement with Loretta Saunders case.

There are a lot of theories, speculation surrounding everything right now, but by the end of the day tomorrow we should be able to see the direction LE and investigators are headed in.

I am hoping and praying for the best for LS and her family.

Code of Honour

Welcome to WS - yes, tomorrow may bring some answers.

Quote::"Or is this a social experiment, meant to demonstrate that when aboriginal women go missing in Canada, no one cares, and therefore the 500+ number of unnamed missing women (that distrust the RCMP) is real (rather than the 64 verified missing women). As a social experiment, it reveals that all of Canada cares when a University student vanishes, and no one cares where that student was born. If a disappearance is not reported, it's true that RCMP are unable to verify names, that no one will look for the missing person, and still no one cares where that person was born. Of the reported 600 missing aboriginal women, more than 500 have not been reported missing (64 are verified missing, 54 have been reported missing, but not verified)."

Well in the off "chance" that it is a social experiment is does prove that there is a heck of a lot more concern and media attention for one missing aboriginal woman who is pale, blonde, gorgeous and successful than 600 missing aboriginal women who "look" aboriginal and are not what society deems to be successful. Damn shame.

In my opinion if it was a simply a social experiment to validate these claims it certainly would set up a control to test this hypothesis and validate the results , due process etc...

I however would like to point out some weaknesses in structuring such an experiment especially concerning the benefits rewards of some participating parties; the suspects.

What does BL and VH have to gain, seeing they have outstanding warrants to deal with prior to this. Seeing for example BL has a warrant and choose not to deal with it previously ,by participating in such an experiment would expose him to dealing with that warrant which obviously for whatever reason he didn't want to in the first place.

If such an experiment was undertaken LS could have simply disappeared without having their involvement.

Sorry but I think you misunderstood my post. I was trying to say that her disappearance being tied to all the other stuff / " horrific pattern" IS what bothers me. It is like it was the plan for lack of a better word right from the start. I am not saying these people are in anyway involved but that they certainly wasted no time making this poor girl going missing part of their issue.

If Loretta's disappearance is part of an "horrific pattern", that would almost suggest that non-aboriginal Canadians, including 6.8 million new Canadians (20% of the population) are specifically targeting aboriginal women for kidnap or murder. One in five Canadians is a visible minority, yet aboriginals are specifically targeted? That doesn't make any sense.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ly-asian-canadas-immigrant-population-surges/

I think a major difference between this case and the 500+ allegedly missing women is that Loretta was reported missing, and the other 500 have not been reported missing and RCMP do not have names. It's impossible for anyone to be concermed about someone that has not been reported missing.

There is something wrong with the number of 600 and everyone knows it. It is not enough for a federally funded special interest group to claim that 600 people are missing and, at the same time, withhold the names of the alleged victims. It is also unexceptable to have no specific dates and locations.

Furthermore, one in five Canadians is a visible minority. It is absolutely untrue that Canadian investigators are only interested in doing their jobs if victims of crime are pretty white women.

Sorry but I think you misunderstood my post. I was trying to say that her disappearance being tied to all the other stuff / " horrific pattern" IS what bothers me. It is like it was the plan for lack of a better word right from the start. I am not saying these people are in anyway involved but that they certainly wasted no time making this poor girl going missing part of their issue.

I completely agree with you. A case of a missing woman should focus on the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and efforts to locate her. Her disappearance seems to be blurred by the professor's agenda. Loretta's proposal was to write a research paper about three women in NS, and that is being twisted into something different.

If Loretta's disappearance was related to her ancestry, then it's relevant to mention it, but her disappearance seems completely unrelated to her ancestry. There is no pattern of unemployed people in their twenties making university students disappear.

IMO, I think the boyfriend is a bit sketchy, however I don't think he had anything to do with her dissapearance. It sounds off to us now (now that we know for a fact that she's missing), that he wouldn't have reported her missing right away, however I think if I were in his shoes and my significant other was missing, my first thought would definitely not be that she has vanished off the face of the earth or that somebody had done something terrible to her. I think when he first couldn't get ahold of her, he thought she must be elsewhere, at a friends or whatever it may be, and in fairness, it takes awhile to get ahold of all of her contacts, friends, family, to see if she was there or if they had seen her recently, before coming to the conclusion that she is in fact missing. As time went on, obviously he got more concerned and realized the severity of the situation and that's when she was reported missing (I'm not sure if it was him who reported her missing or someone else). On that note, I find it very odd that he wouldn't have contacted authorities after she had both been missing for a day AND he received that odd text message, that should tell anybody that something is off. People were also mentioning the fact of him refering to her in past tense, I don't mean to sound negative but honestly, at this point, how many of us believe she's still alive? I'm going to be honest in saying I doubt he still thinks she is, and therefore would refer to her in past tense.

That being said, my opinion on the matter is what somebody else had already mentioned, she went to collect the rent, called them, they asked her to meet them elsewhere, an argument ensued, tempers flared, and then something terrible happened. I believe it was Blakes doing and Victoria was there and simply witnessed it (also possibly helped of disposing the body after the fact), as she was terrified for a few reasons; 1. that she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest, 2. what she had just witnessed (something very traumatic) and 3. that Blake would hurt her and/or her family if she were to go to authorities (plus the fact that she was there with him when the crime was commited and I highly doubt he would let her leave long enough to go tell the authorities).

As far as a body goes, I believe it's here in Nova Scotia.. somewhere. Somebody mentioned the airport, that is a great guess, as it's on the way out, somewhat secluded, etc. I really don't think they would drive all the way to Ontario with a body in their trunk. Quite honestly, I'm not sure if the body was ever in the trunk/car, if it was, there would have been blood and they would have been charged already. I think after he did whatever he did to her (im assuming either hurt her badly enough that she didn't live, or his temper was so out of control that he did something stupid such as stab her, etc), that he freaked out and realized he had to get rid of the body right away. I don't know where it would be, in fact I hope she's still alive. In any case, I hope her body is found so the family can have some sort of closure.

As far as evidence/investigation goes, the police must be on a hot lead right now. I'm sure there must be thousands of tips pouring in from multiple provinces. They would have any surveillence video from where her bank card was used, highway cams, toll booths, phone records, etc. Now I don't work for LE, but I am familiar with some missing persons cases and I know they can't just charge someone without an overwhelming amount of evidence (or beyond a reasonable doubt) and obviously, all these clues, tips, videos, records, must be fully reviewed, analyzed, etc. It's very difficult to charge someone with murder if you have no body, no witnesses and no confession, however it does happen (actually, it just very recently happened to somebody I know, and it took them 8 months to charge them with murder because of these missing factors). My assumption is that LE is still in the process of putting together all of the evidence and as soon as they have enough of it, VH and BL will both be charged with second degree murder. I don't feel they have a need to post an overwhleming amount of information to the public (such as surveillance video), as they already have a good idea as to what happened to her, they just need the evidence to back it up.

This is all in my opinon and I pray Loretta Saunders is found safe and unharmed, unfortunately I can't help but think otherwise. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste