GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rick Howe Show – 12 PM
Monday February 24, 2014

Kevin Lacey, Atlantic Canada Director, Canadian Taxpayers Federation talks to us about Bill C-518. HRP Constable Pierre Bourdages gives us an update on the Loretta Saunders case. Lloyd Brown, executive director of the Alzheimer society talks to us about the NS dementia panel. Historian Peter Twohig gives us an Interesting history lesson.

http://www.news957.com/2014/02/24/the-rick-howe-show-12-pm-66/

Blake's family tree. I saw a few posts of people trying to find out more about BL. From looking at pics of the male with the car, BL and a MDL on Linked - ( who has New Germany as his hometown but now resides in Calgary) I would say they are father and son. Also found an old obit with the family listed and a Blake is among the grandchildren.
Is it ok to post a link to the old obit it is on a genealogy site ?

Not sure if there is a separate thread for Holly or not but this is excellent news:

Halifax police say an independent review will be held into the death of Holly Bartlett, four years after the 31-year-old was found under the McKay Bridge.

Bartlett, who was blind, was found unconscious early in the morning on March 27, 2010 and passed away in hospital the next day.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/95...ly-bartlett-to-come-under-independent-review/

Shall have to look for a threads for Holly so this thread is reserved for Loretta only. Holly deserves to have a thread of her own - can't look right now as I am supposed to be 'working'.

Based on my experience with being targeted by Criminal Groups in Halifax University, here's how they would go about it if they were targeting the victim.

1. They would move in their operatives into her personal life.
2. They would populate her social life with lowlifes and scumbags (and there is no shortage in Halifax).
3. They would make sure all academics who dealt with her were compromised "team players." (BTW I think I just read that the thesis/paper is now missing).

Ex-military, Ex-DOD etc are all very useful. Even foreign students can be useful because they can leave if there are complications.

Of course, this is just a theory, but I have had people try to invite themselves into my personal, social and academic life as part of some kind of Intelligence Operation. And I can only imagine what would happen if God had not protected me.

I just wanted to put this out there. Many of us have questions to fill in the holes. For those who do not follow Canadian Cases they are sometimes difficult to follow. LE in most cases does not put out very much. If these 2 are ever charged with the disappearance there will be a publication ban. So presently we are getting all LE feels they want to let out. Also it seems reporting anywhere on a case has gotten sloppy. Lack of fact checking etc. etc. No disrespect to those who truly care about their work. I always tuck it in the back of my mind when some answers to simple questions are confusing in the press and when LE doesn't want folks/family saying too much. Food for thought.

Fellow Sleuthers - looking at what has been presented, it would seem that Loretta did not reach her tenants when she arrived at her apartment building. They were there, and called a cab to take them to an 'arranged' meeting place when Loretta did in fact reach them by phone. That 'arranged' meeting place was the location of the take down of Loretta - they perhaps said meet us at a bank, and we will take out the money we owe you, and instead took her life, and then control of her car, and her wallet. I do believe they know where her body is. It is horrific.

Fellow Sleuthers - looking at what has been presented, it would seem that Loretta did not reach her tenants when she arrived at her apartment building. They were there, and called a cab to take them to an 'arranged' meeting place when Loretta did in fact reach them by phone. That 'arranged' meeting place was the location of the take down of Loretta - they perhaps said meet us at a bank, and we will take out the money we owe you, and instead took her life, and then control of her car, and her wallet. I do believe they know where her body is. It is horrific.

:welcome3: Agree. Welcome to all other new folks I missed. My Thanks button is working randomly so some are thanked and some are not. So thanks posters also for thoughts and updates up thread :seeya:

I just wanted to put this out there. Many of us have questions to fill in the holes. For those who do not follow Canadian Cases they are sometimes difficult to follow. LE in most cases does not put out very much. If these 2 are ever charged with the disappearance there will be a publication ban. So presently we are getting all LE feels they want to let out. Also it seems reporting anywhere on a case has gotten sloppy. Lack of fact checking etc. etc. No disrespect to those who truly care about their work. I always tuck it in the back of my mind when some answers to simple questions are confusing in the press and when LE doesn't want folks/family saying too much. Food for thought.

It is true that less info is available in Canadian cases. Frustrating.

This is a plausible theory. It also means that there should be footage of them at a bank because all ATMs & banks have cameras.

The longer this poor young lady is missing the more this seems to be becoming an aboriginal media issue than a missing person case. I don't know how to explain it correctly but it's like it is becoming a " movement". A sort of idle no more of missing aboriginal women. Which isn't a bad thing in some ways, except that for some reason there is just something about the way all this is developing that kind of raises the little hairs on my arms...something about it bothers me. For me it started with the prof that was talking about her thesis and keeps growing ever time I see an idle no more or similar hashtag added to a post about Loretta being missing. Sorry I am not explaining myself very well here. I cant quite put my finger on why it is bothering me I guess.
http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/lorettas-disappearance-part-horrific-pattern/21840

If Loretta's disappearance is part of an "horrific pattern", that would almost suggest that non-aboriginal Canadians, including 6.8 million new Canadians (20% of the population) are specifically targeting aboriginal women for kidnap or murder. One in five Canadians is a visible minority, yet aboriginals are specifically targeted? That doesn't make any sense.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ly-asian-canadas-immigrant-population-surges/

If they are gifters, that might explain why they travel a lot...I wonder if the police are looking at other missing women from these locations. I do think that if this was the case, they wouldn't have fled so quickly....you would think they would have stayed longer or at least be a bit smarter on how they executed it....taking her car just seems like SUCH a dumb move.

I also find it strange that the bf didn't find it odd that she was gone all weekend. I mean, I guess it's possible that if they were really busy students they might miss eachother because of their schedules, and perhaps as an international student he wasn't prescribing to a largely western holiday...but still...to not make contact the mother of your future child for that long...just seems odd. Have we heard anything more from him since? Is he working with the family at all?

It might have started with a dispute over the rent. Both Victoria and Blake have outstanding warrants. If Loretta threatened to contact authorities, they might have become aggressive and that resulted in her death. They might have stolen the car because it was their only means of leaving Halifax. On the other hand, it looks like something happened to Loretta after she left the apartment, so that would suggest a pre-planned meeting, and more likely a premeditated disappearance. Victoria and Blake might have been stoned out of their minds when they left the car belonging to a missing woman parked in a friend's driveway ... that just doesn't make any sense.

Hi, I've been lurking here. I just rewatched the news clip of LS's boyfriend:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...oyfriend-she-meant-everything-to-me-1.2545968

But something else jumped out at me -- someone she knew saying LS "was the primary caregiver for a younger sibling"--
Anyone else heard anything else about this, maybe in local Halifax news? Where is that sibling? How old are they? Where did they live? Could they have seen anything??

Back to the bf: his demeanour in this clip...I'd expect a hell of a lot less composure from an interview made in the first week of your partner missing, plus the talk of her in past tense already is really disconcerting ("she WAS everything to me.") Really wondering whether he knew the suspects previously, as LS's brother thought that's how LS got them as "roommates" (which is another conflicting detail coming from the bf--where she lived?)...really wondering why he didn't go with her when it's concievable that this was going to be a tense encounter for her + she was outnumbered....

Mods--I don't know whether I'm allowed to say this and don't want to cause trouble (I am speculating) so I've seperated it out and you can clip it if you need to but I'm wondering if these two (VH and BL) benefited from someone else's motive/attack, ie, someone else harmed her and said to them they can take the car (either to hush them, or hide evidence)?? I ask this because, even though these two appear very sketchy, it seems to me you could go decades bouncing out on your rent without ever needing to harm anyone...

Lastly -- I've read this whole thread but haven't seen anywhere HOW the cops found the car in that small town? Seems so random to discover it there--thinking there must've been a tip (homeowner? neighbour?)

So many questions...

I must say that its crossed my mind more than once, that perhaps Blake did something to Loretta when they had a meeting. Perhaps Victoria was too scared to intervene or try to stop him (I have heard from mutual friends of ours that on more than one ocassion Blake had beat her up)
Maybe she knew she couldn't do anything while she was still with him...Could this be why the cell phone was left on, and bank card used? Knowing they would be traced and led right to them?

From all accounts Victoria is not stupid. She has been enrolled in certificate courses, university and other post secondary schooling. I have seen numerous posts on her wall where she talks about getting great marks on tests, and how excited she was for school.

like I said, just thoughts rolling through my mind...

Lastly -- I've read this whole thread but haven't seen anywhere HOW the cops found the car in that small town? Seems so random to discover it there--thinking there must've been a tip (homeowner? neighbour?)

So many questions...

Police were able to obtain general location via the cell phone being "pinged" (is this the right wording ??)

Also the flyers and news circulating with the car details and license plate could have been seen by neighbours, homeowner etc, and the tip led the police right to the exact location.

Hi, I've been lurking here. I just rewatched the news clip of LS's boyfriend:

So many questions...

Respectfully snipped by me for space considerations:

They found the car by tracing cell phone pings from Loretta's cell phone which led them to Windsor Ontario and then to Harrow Ontario.

I must say that its crossed my mind more than once, that perhaps Blake did something to Loretta when they had a meeting. Perhaps Victoria was too scared to intervene or try to stop him (I have heard from mutual friends of ours that on more than one ocassion Blake had beat her up)
Maybe she knew she couldn't do anything while she was still with him...Could this be why the cell phone was left on, and bank card used? Knowing they would be traced and led right to them?

From all accounts Victoria is not stupid. She has been enrolled in certificate courses, university and other post secondary schooling. I have seen numerous posts on her wall where she talks about getting great marks on tests, and how excited she was for school.

like I said, just thoughts rolling through my mind...

I agree that it is possible. I think we have been focusing on Victoria because she has an internet footprint, while BL doesn't seem to. He could be the main perp. it is also possible that she was lying about her certificates etc.

http://www.news957.com/2014/02/24/the-rick-howe-show-12-pm-66 12:17 BL is back in Halifax and will appear in court tomorrow on charges relating to stealing the car. VH will be returned before Thursday.

Let's hope the police play them against each other and one of them spills the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse