GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Professor Madine Vanderplaat (Professor of Sociology) at the 1:59 mark of this video clearly states that Loretta was the primary care giver of a younger sibling. This is the first time I have heard this and completely missed this the other time when the interview was played.

Wonder what is meant by 'primary care giver' - did that mean a younger sibling was with her in Halifax or were funds being sent to support a younger sibling in her home town. Would the younger sister Deliah (sp?) be the one as she just recently started a job in BC?

Sure leaves a question in one's mind.
This article talks about her living with her sister in Labrador
http://www.thelabradorian.ca/Commun...Loretta-Saunders,-The-girl-with-a-big-heart/1

Sure wish I could read Loretta's thesis on this. Sounds like she did phenomenal work.

She didn't write a thesis. On Feb 4 she submitted an undergraduate honour's thesis proposal to write a research paper about three missing/deceased women in Nova Scotia.

I would absolutely expect law enforcement to investigate all disappearances with equal importance. However I also suspect that an aboriginal woman disappearing from a reserve under similar circumstances would not have illicited the same media coverage. In fact I'm sure a native woman HAS probably disappeared from a reserve or even a big city under similar circumstances. Other than the Picton case has there ever been a huge outcry? Why no arrests and tears for the Highway of Tears? 600 across Canada? Might not be so far off. MOO.
There has been out cries take the Tamra Keepness investigation LE worked diligently

Or several women in both Saskatoon and Regina which have been recently solved due to community and Le's efforts

There are so many systemic issues with aboriginal people here that many Canadians are not taught fully about--about the government breaking up families, and widespread residential schools abuse; that they were banned from using their own languages and traditions; that you can't own your property on a reserve; etc etc. A lot of people here cannot appreciate how this would have repercussions for generations, and just blame individuals for their "poor decisions" or whatever. It is really tragic.

As a fellow Canadian who has worked many years with marginalized and at risk women and children - I 100% agree.

She didn't write a thesis. On Feb 4 she submitted an undergraduate honour's thesis proposal to write a research paper about three missing/deceased women in Nova Scotia.

Semantics. Sorry if I wrote "thesis" in an improper context. Ok she did a seemingly incredible amount of research and writing in anticipation of writing an honors paper. I would be interested to read the contents and hope that one day ,despite the outcome , said research proposal be published. Better?

While I don't want this to get to OT I am curious as to why you feel the 600 figure is so outlandish? Even the 118 that were reported to the RCMP you seem to question. What would the motive be to exaggerate the number? I can see the disparity between the 600 and 118 as being "alleged" but 118 souls were reported missing to LE were they not?

What about Loretta's pregnancy? Has it ever been confirmed that she was and how far along? I read conflicting media reports.

Hello guest (25) - please consider joining WebSleuths and bring contributions to helping find Loretta. We may seem that we are at odds with each other sometimes and that we are very opinionated but at the end of the day we are all seeking the same end - find those who are missing.

Please consider joining - you need an email address other than say a hotmail or yahoo account. You can join using these but the registration process will be a little longer.

What about Loretta's pregnancy? Has it ever been confirmed that she was and how far along? I read conflicting media reports.

Have never seen a report indicating that it was a confirmed pregnancy.

Looking back on some earlier news reports it states that Loretta was last seen on Thursday night. Then it was reported that her boyfriend was the last to see her on Thursday morning as she left to collect the rent. Who was the person who reportedly was the last to see her at night as per the earlier articles? Was that ever revealed or just erroneous reporting? Where was boyfriend all of Thursday?

Looking back on some earlier news reports it states that Loretta was last seen on Thursday night. Then it was reported that her boyfriend was the last to see her on Thursday morning as she left to collect the rent. Who was the person who reportedly was the last to see her at night as per the earlier articles? Was that ever revealed or just erroneous reporting? Where was boyfriend all of Thursday?

Dunno ... but am suspecting bad reporting.

Hi guys. I've been lurking on this thread for sometime now. I guess it's time to comment. [modsnip] [modsnip]. If this were to be the case, he'd obviously hold quite a bit of power over her. Plus he possibly was seen buying pot and neither VH or LS was with him on the day of LS' disappearance. Now, he's been taken back to Halifax while VH stays in an Ontario jail. I'm thinking that LE is homing in on him, and perhaps VH is an accomplice after the fact. Whether she was willing or unwilling remains to be seen. We don't know if LS met them as a pair after leaving the apt., or one or the other alone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...oyfriend-she-meant-everything-to-me-1.2545968

There are some quotes in the CBC article from her boyfriend that are not sitting right with me:
“She said she was stressed and locked herself out [of her] online banking — and she needed money, but it didn’t really make sense to me … I couldn’t make sense out of it, like why would she be stressed out all of a sudden?”

And so what was done about it? Did they continue their conversation? Did he remind her of the maiden name? Ask where she was? Tell her he would give her some money?

Also:“I thought we would be together for a long time,” he said.

“She meant everything to me. She was pretty much the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.”

Only pretty much? Not "The One". "I thought we would be together for a long time". Not forever? I guess it could be a language thing but It seems like a funny thing to say if your long term pregnant partner has suddenly gone missing without a trace.

Add to this the missing of Valentines Day, the not reporting missing until Monday, the mystery cab -just who was coming or going from the apartment? Not liking where my mind is going on this one :(.
IMO

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...oyfriend-she-meant-everything-to-me-1.2545968

There are some quotes in the CBC article from her boyfriend that are not sitting right with me:
“She said she was stressed and locked herself out [of her] online banking — and she needed money, but it didn’t really make sense to me … I couldn’t make sense out of it, like why would she be stressed out all of a sudden?”

And so what was done about it? Did they continue their conversation? Did he remind her of the maiden name? Ask where she was? Tell her he would give her some money?

Also:“I thought we would be together for a long time,” he said.

“She meant everything to me. She was pretty much the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.”

Only pretty much? Not "The One". "I thought we would be together for a long time". Not forever? I guess it could be a language thing but It seems like a funny thing to say if your long term pregnant partner has suddenly gone missing without a trace.

(clipped for space)

I know!!!

Wouldn't you call someone right away if they wrote you such a wacky message (who can't remember their mom's name)??

Also wondered why he didn't show the texts directly to the camera -- do police have his phone? Have police confirmed the details of this text to him from her?

Some of the more equivocal language ("pretty much" "a long time"), I gave a bit of a pass, thinking it could be because he was nervous on TV and/or maybe a product of his fluency in English (that said, his English seems fairly good, but it's a short clip).

I think what they are referring to is the CCTV camera in the sublet apt. She was seen leaving alone.

I just want to see perp walks for both of these alleged kidnappers/murderers. The handcuffs, the legchains, the prison jumpsuits, the greasy hair, the police and prison guards surrounding them ... it's all good.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newfoundland/loretta-saunders-disappearance-suspect-back-in-halifax

In this link it indicates that the fugitive couple had moved in ''with'' her....me thinks that she and her beau were not ''exactly'' a sure thing if she was maintaining her own place.

I also googled bf's name and he came up on the Dalhousie University site in their home page to attract Turkish students.

http://www.dal.ca/admissions/international_students/turkey.html

He may be a serious student and needs to focus on his school work so I am cutting him some slack. Could be this ''news'' of impending parenthood was in fact ''stressful'' for both of them.

Interesting side note bf's parents are flying to Canada as soon as they can get visas.....question, why?

Could it be he's sensing some ''heat'' ??

"Maloney said the parents of Saunders's boyfriend Yalcin Surkultay are also trying to travel to Halifax. She said they've filed paperwork in Turkey for visas."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...river-interviewed-by-police-1.2548195?cmp=rss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse