GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...oyfriend-she-meant-everything-to-me-1.2545968

There are some quotes in the CBC article from her boyfriend that are not sitting right with me:
“She said she was stressed and locked herself out [of her] online banking — and she needed money, but it didn’t really make sense to me … I couldn’t make sense out of it, like why would she be stressed out all of a sudden?”

And so what was done about it? Did they continue their conversation? Did he remind her of the maiden name? Ask where she was? Tell her he would give her some money?

Also:“I thought we would be together for a long time,” he said.

“She meant everything to me. She was pretty much the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.”

Only pretty much? Not "The One". "I thought we would be together for a long time". Not forever? I guess it could be a language thing but It seems like a funny thing to say if your long term pregnant partner has suddenly gone missing without a trace.

Add to this the missing of Valentines Day, the not reporting missing until Monday, the mystery cab -just who was coming or going from the apartment? Not liking where my mind is going on this one :(.
IMO

Our minds are going the same place, unfortunately. I just cannot get over why her absence wasn't triggering alarm bells sooner. Even if it's not worst-case scenario, I don't believe bf is the partner he is trying to present to media.

I am a member of the Loretta Saunders case discussion facebook group. Last night someone posted that on Sunday there was a body discovered at the Rainbow Hotel in Truro. After much digging I could not find this info. It was confirmed by a member that it was broadcast on the Colchester County Scanner. Maybe unrelated to this case, if it was a sudden death wouldn't be in the news yet? If this was already posted sorry I'm way behind!

I cant get the video to play now but remember the bit about a younger sibling and she also talked about Loretta's methadone use and OTHER health issues ?? If I remember correctly. Could a health issue have come into play ??

Yes, Professor Madine Vanderplaat (Professor of Sociology) at the 1:59 mark of this video clearly states that Loretta was the primary care giver of a younger sibling. This is the first time I have heard this and completely missed this the other time when the interview was played.

Wonder what is meant by 'primary care giver' - did that mean a younger sibling was with her in Halifax or were funds being sent to support a younger sibling in her home town. Would the younger sister Deliah (sp?) be the one as she just recently started a job in BC?

Sure leaves a question in one's mind.

I'm not familiar at all with how things work...but this is from Brett Ruskin's twitter feed: "Crown has been giving regular updates to the media. He says he's now read the file but it might be a while."

https://twitter.com/Brett_Global

What does "it might be a while" mean? Hours? Days? Weeks? And what would be the information that resulted from this?

Sorry! I'm very clueless to this!

I am a member of the Loretta Saunders case discussion facebook group. Last night someone posted that on Sunday there was a body discovered at the Rainbow Hotel in Truro. After much digging I could not find this info. It was confirmed by a member that it was broadcast on the Colchester County Scanner. Maybe unrelated to this case, if it was a sudden death wouldn't be in the news yet? If this was already posted sorry I'm way behind!

:scared:

I hope we figure this out. If it is true....this would make for a very very odd discovery. I mean, Truro?? How would....I just can't comprehend this!

Loretta Saunders' brother, Edmund says the family is offering a $20,000 reward for info resulting in his sister's safe return. #findloretta
9:40am - 25 Feb 14.This is a tweet from a CTV reporter.Not sure how to link it.

http://www.novanewsnow.com/News/Reg...port-for-Halifax-womans-missing-person-case/1

"The eldest brother of Loretta Saunders has arrived in Halifax to help search for his sister, and said he has been overwhelmed by the amount of support since Saunders went missing over a week ago.

Edmun Saunders arrived over the weekend from Newfoundland and Labrado, and thanked those who have donated to the fund set up to support the family.

Just over $12,500 had been raised for the Help Find Loretta Fund as of Sunday afternoon.

“I went all my life thinking people were generally uncaring, until now,” Saunders said in a press release. “I can’t express how much kindness people have shown.”

He arrived at Halifax provincial court on Tuesday morning for his arraignment, but didn’t appear in the courtroom. He was instead represented by his lawyer with the case held over until Friday for a show-cause hearing.

Victoria Henneberry, 28, was arrested and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle alongside Leggette but remains in Windsor, Ont. where they were arrested.

Both people have also been charged with fraud related to allegedly using Saunders’ debit card, which will be handled by the Ontario police.

They were also reportedly renting an apartment on Cowie Hill Road from Saunders.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/95...nders-car-to-have-no-contact-with-co-accused/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse