GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated in my previous comment -- Loretta consulted Elders when writing her proposal and probably quoted them in her proposal. The instructor would have respected that and respected what she said. Maybe she included some personal experiences in it… whatever. If the instructor is also an Indigenous person, he would accepted what she wrote even if it was 28 pages, not 10.

IMO, that fact that the two individuals that were arrested with her car and credit cards are probably involved in her disappearance, not the instructor. Also, I believe it is just a terrible coincidence that she wrote her proposal about missing and murdered women and now she is missing. A terrible coincidence that just illustrates the severity of the issue.

SOURCE: http://www.nwac.ca/files/download/NWAC_3E_Toolkit_e_0.pdf

Also:

A link to a more involved report regarding the issue:
The Tragedy of Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women in Canada

It seems odd that sex trade worker stats are mixed with aboriginal stats. Are they one and the same, or two different groups? Is the actual number 64 or 600, and if it's 600, why are their names withheld from RCMP?

"'The RCMP is concerned with the over 500 possible victims from the Sisters in Spirit database that have not been shared.'—Sgt. Julie Gagnon

The number 600 — used repeatedly in the House of Commons this week — comes from the Native Women's Association of Canada.

But spokeswoman Sgt. Julie Gagnon said in an email that the Sisters in Spirit have shared the names of 118 alleged victims with the RCMP's National Aboriginal Policing Services.

Sixty-four of the 118 names were confirmed to be in a police database, while 54 could not be confirmed."

http://www.ammsa.com/content/missing-and-murdered-aboriginal-women

It seems odd that sex trade worker stats are mixed with aboriginal stats. Are they one and the same, or two different groups? Is the actual number 64 or 600, and if it's 600, why are their names withheld from RCMP?

"'The RCMP is concerned with the over 500 possible victims from the Sisters in Spirit database that have not been shared.'—Sgt. Julie Gagnon

The number 600 — used repeatedly in the House of Commons this week — comes from the Native Women's Association of Canada.

But spokeswoman Sgt. Julie Gagnon said in an email that the Sisters in Spirit have shared the names of 118 alleged victims with the RCMP's National Aboriginal Policing Services.

Sixty-four of the 118 names were confirmed to be in a police database, while 54 could not be confirmed."

http://www.ammsa.com/content/missing-and-murdered-aboriginal-women
I would take the 600 quoted as more accurate than the RCMP or any LE stats historically due to racism reports were either dismissed or discounted.

I would take the 600 quoted as more accurate than the RCMP or any LE stats historically due to racism reports were either dismissed or discounted.

I don't think that the RCMP are being "racist" when they request the names of the 600 allegedly missing women, they receive only 118 names, and they can only verify that 64 are missing. If there are 600 missing women, they have names and it can be verified that they are missing, so why does the aboriginal group refuse to provide the names? One can only assume that the number of 600 is a mistake. Until there are facts, names, and identities so RCMP can follow up, there are actually 64 aboriginal women missing in a country of about 35 million people.

I don't think this case has anything to do with racism or aboriginal women. I think it's a simple case of two people that decided to steal this woman's car and they probably murdered her as part of the theft.

Found the make of Loretta's car: Her car is a blue 2000 Toyota Celica with Newfoundland and Labrador licence plate HCP 543. Police say the car has a loud muffler and a spoiler at the back.

Read more: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/two-arre...dent-found-in-ontario-1.1693741#ixzz2u0UCDmaF

Vehicles with Newfoundland and Labrador license plates are very rare in Ontario this time of year. I expect that anyone seeing one would remember it. They might as well have had a flashing light on their car.

Vehicles with Newfoundland and Labrador license plates are very rare in Ontario this time of year. I expect that anyone seeing one would remember it. They might as well have had a flashing light on their car.

The car has been found, so it's probably just a matter of time until a crime scene is found ... hopefully.

I don't think that the RCMP are being "racist" when they request the names of the 600 allegedly missing women, they receive only 118 names, and they can only verify that 64 are missing. If there are 600 missing women, they have names and it can be verified that they are missing, so why does the aboriginal group refuse to provide the names? One can only assume that the number of 600 is a mistake. Until there are facts, names, and identities so RCMP can follow up, there are actually 64 aboriginal women missing in a country of about 35 million people.
You may be right. My objection is with the word verified. I do not know where you live I live in Western Canada and have for most of my life and I assure you that there is way more than 64 missing and seriously " until the RCMP can verify" why would anyone that is a person of native ancestry trust the RCMP is beyond me but this is not a discussion for this thread rather this thread is about finding 1 incredible woman who has over come her own personal issues and tried to help her sisters with her thesis choice and now she is missing.

good find... was just reading on the facebook page that she went by ANOTHER last name. Broome. So far I think that is the 3rd one I have heard her use

You may be right. My objection is with the word verified. I do not know where you live I live in Western Canada and have for most of my life and I assure you that there is way more than 64 missing and seriously " until the RCMP can verify" why would anyone that is a person of native ancestry trust the RCMP is beyond me but this is not a discussion for this thread rather this thread is about finding 1 incredible woman who has over come her own personal issues and tried to help her sisters with her thesis choice and now she is missing.

I don't understand how anyone can claim that someone is missing, or that 600 people are missing, and be unable to produce those 600 names. In Canada, as with every other country in the world, when someone is missing, a report is made to authorities. That is exactly what happened here. It has nothing to do with trusting authorities (or at least it shouldn't), but with doing the right thing. The RCMP don't care about the ethnic background of missing people, everyone is treated the same.

What we have here, in my opinion, is a missing University student. I can't imagine that this has anything to do with where she was born. It might have something to do with her lifestyle, which is always a choice, and it might be that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and she became a victim of crime.

The two characters that were arrested with her car look rather rough around the edges.

I don't understand how anyone can claim that someone is missing, or that 600 people are missing, and be unable to produce those 600 names. In Canada, as with every other country in the world, when someone is missing, a report is made to authorities. That is exactly what happened here. It has nothing to do with trusting authorities (or at least it shouldn't), but with doing the right thing. The RCMP don't care about the ethnic background of missing people, everyone is treated the same.

What we have here, in my opinion, is a missing University student. I can't imagine that this has anything to do with where she was born. It might have something to do with her lifestyle, which is always a choice, and it might be that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and she became a victim of crime.

The two characters that were arrested with her car look rather rough around the edges.
I agree with you this has to do with 1 missing University student only. It should be only about her period.Where I have an issue with what you have written is the trust the RCMP if you look at the history of the RCMP in Canada and native people there is racism involved. I am like Loretta I do not look native any one looking at me would not be able to say that I have native heritage my grandfather was Metis. You cannot trust what the RCMP say about how many women are missing you can not.

You are good way better then I am truly My hat is off.I have been a member of WS since 2011 but it has only been in the last 2 months that I have been addicted and my observation is what is up with the many different names of these women.

WS can be addictive for sure. Not sure what is up with the many different names of the women these days. Perhaps they are assuming the last names of live-in partners. They seem to have a fair number of partners in relatively short periods of time which means they could accumulate a number of last names rather quickly.

IMO the many last names and moving indicate to me she was nothing but a scammer. Took what she could from people and moved on. University student my a$$. She was a . And now she took the ultimate :banghead:

I still cant wrap my head around blowing up a toilet. If true. Was that for chits and giggles or to threaten?

IMO the many last names and moving indicate to me she was nothing but a scammer. Took what she could from people and moved on. University student my a$$. She was a . I now she took the ultimate :banghead:
"did blow off of Amanda’s toilet"
means snorted cocaine.

I don't think anyone was saying the instructor was involved at all. Just that his over the top, lavish praise struck some of us a bit odd. To ME it was almost as if he had a bit of a crush on her if I was trying to accurately pick a way to describe how I felt when reading his article. Just in the way he describes her mannerisms / eye contact etc.
The fact that he is aboriginal and wanted to paint her in the best possible light explains things when I look at it from that perspective .
In this forum we have been looking at this from all angles and he and his articles were just one. :)
:twocents:

IMO, that fact that the two individuals that were arrested with her car and credit cards are probably involved in her disappearance, not the instructor .[/B]

"did blow off of Amanda’s toilet"
means snorted cocaine.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Well I am sure out of the loop of lingo. ROFLMAO I thought I read it as blew up the toilet. K-now who does blow "off" a toilet. Literally????

After just watching the latest video of the BF talking about her I have more questions.
What theories do you have ? I cant come up with one that makes any sense. I realize that when dealing with messed up peeps it doesn't have to make sense but I keep going back to did they really think they could just take her car and bank card and get away with it ? Surely even they would have realized that was a flawed plan ?? Or did they know that somehow they would have a few days head start beyond just taking her phone ? And surely they would know it could be traced ? One of her listed favourite TV shows on her profile is CSI !! :)
Did they maybe just rob her and take the car and then something/ someone else happened ? What if they left her tied up in the apartment and someone else came along looking for her and did something knowing the other two would get the blame ?? She wasn't reported missing by her BF which still troubles me. What if you didn't really want to be a dad just yet? I cant see any couple that is excited at the prospect of starting a family together not making this particular Valentines day special. To just let it go by without hearing from her seems very strange to me. To not want to know where she was for several days even stranger. I would hope that he was worried sick and that it just was never reported.
I am just throwing out thoughts here trying to make some sense of it.
By all accounts from people that knew her this V person was a low life but they all think she would stop short of murder. So could she have been the victim of being dumped in a bad place or perhaps outside in the cold to face the elements and didn't survive ? Guess till the two with the car talk it is impossible to know.
Still hoping against the odds that she is found somehow, safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back