GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you could paraphrase, I would appreciate it, as it is not accessible to people without a facebook account.

Sorry wasn't thinking . It was posted by RF on Wednesday and yes it is him saying he " loved and misses her". However it also has comments saying LS loved him too and just beneath that one from her brother Edmund saying " love you R , you have been so good to us and done so much for the whole family"

It also contains comments from members of Loretta's family sending prayers of strength and love to Yalcin.

Sorry are we looking at the same post ?
I see 36 messages of support and love for RF including the one from her brother Edmund and at the very end TWO posts that mention YS almost seem as if an afterthought and they are not by family member names that I have seen.

There was another post by a family member on her own wall questioning why another fundraiser for YC and his " father" that had a couple of family members actually state YC should stay in Halifax out of respect for RF. THAT post had a couple of posts then come up talking of YS being her boyfriend and that he should attend.

It is almost as if RF was the love of LS 'a life for a long time and everyone in their home area knew it. Then she goes away to the big city and meets a new beau and NOT everyone knew that. As clearly some family members still feel RF should be the grieving man and others YS. Either way she was loved and that is a good thing.

BBM

When did "colonial" oppression start in Nova Scotia, and when did Canada become a country? Wasn't the oppression in the 1700s and Canada became a country in 1867? Is colonial oppression and "elimination" responsible for Loretta's murder? Are any of the murdered/missing women over the last 70 years a result of colonial oppression? Is colonial oppression an on going problem in Canada and, if so, what are some examples of how this is apparent in murdered/missing aboriginal women?

There is a well known sociological theory (set of theories) called post-colonialism. One of the purposes of this theory is to help investigate the lives/conditions of cultures/societies/peoples who have been subjected in the past to forms of colonialism. So it doesn't matter that the dates of the oppression are several centuries ago - that's the point of it.

At the risk of oversimplifying it, the theory tries to understand: if the colonialism 'happened' in 1700, why have its effects not washed out after 300+ years? How do these effects continue to reproduce themselves, using what mechanisms, and what conceptions of this "other" people?

Her thesis subject can easily be linked to these arguments, even if she's researching aboriginal men murdering aboriginal women, it still fits well. Her supervisor uses these theories in his work. And anyone researching the issue of the large number of aboriginal missing women can also link to these arguments.

Loretta's funeral is about to start. Thinking of the family and YS. May they find the strength to get through with dignity.

Having a moment of silence for Loretta and her unborn child.

Do we have a cause of death yet for Loretta? Is this info under publication ban?

Do we have a cause of death yet for Loretta? Is this info under publication ban?

No cause published and the police are not saying the cause while the case is before the courts.

For those trying to establish a timeline of when the accused may have moved into the apartment I was wondering if it was perhaps when her sister DT moved out and went out west. That was in January was it not? I saw a post somewhere about it.

Sorry are we looking at the same post ?
I see 36 messages of support and love for RF including the one from her brother Edmund and at the very end TWO posts that mention YS almost seem as if an afterthought and they are not by family member names that I have seen.

There was another post by a family member on her own wall questioning why another fundraiser for YC and his " father" that had a couple of family members actually state YC should stay in Halifax out of respect for RF. THAT post had a couple of posts then come up talking of YS being her boyfriend and that he should attend.

It is almost as if RF was the love of LS 'a life for a long time and everyone in their home area knew it. Then she goes away to the big city and meets a new beau and NOT everyone knew that. As clearly some family members still feel RF should be the grieving man and others YS. Either way she was loved and that is a good thing.
The 2 posts that are sent to YS are not his family members they are people who post on the fb pg. I was on that pg when that was being discussed

Trying to nail down the date of BL and VH moving into the apartment:

CTV news has confirmed that the names of the people arrested match the names of a man and woman to whom Saunders had just rented her apartment in January.

Saunders’ boyfriend says she was living with him at a different location in Halifax and that she met the tenants through Kijiji. He says she was on her way to the apartment to collect overdue rent money when he last saw her.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/two-arre...issing-smu-student-found-in-ontario-1.1693741

I'm going to have to look up this phrase colonial. But I've had a thought if it means what I think it does. I'll post my thought if it does. Can anyone paraphrase what this term might have to do with loretta?

I'm going to have to look up this phrase colonial. But I've had a thought if it means what I think it does. I'll post my thought if it does. Can anyone paraphrase what this term might have to do with loretta?

No clue Karjinx - absolutely none. But would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I think that as an aboriginal woman, the link is that she is part of a culture that was colonized by a 'foreign' people (the europeans).

I'm just going to put this out there and deal with any fallout. I'm not insensitive to Loretta's family but ...

does anyone else think that the reason the funeral was moved back a day was to coincide with International Women's Day?

I'm just going to put this out there and deal with any fallout. I'm not insensitive to Loretta's family but ...

does anyone else think that the reason the funeral was moved back a day was to coincide with International Women's Day?
IMO yes

I do too.

I know I'm going to get bashed for what I'm going to say and Also please Keep in mind I do feel for the family . But I think I have to say it because its not right they way they went on doing it.

I kinda feel like Loretta's family has made Loretta's death political and that's not right.

I mean deal with her death and deal with the funeral. Then if you want bring in political after her death is dealt with. They just did it the wrong way.

I don't truly believe this joker. He lies left to right. Search for mackay spends day with military (you will see his lies)

Edit:: can't find the video but its where he spends the day training with the armed forces. It was a small lie but was still a lie.

You can find a pic of Mackay with buddy Colonel Russell Williams here (Serial murderer-rapist). If Mackay were a commoner like Rob Ford, his career would have been over. But that's not the case.

I kinda feel like Loretta's family has made Loretta's death political and that's not right.

I hope you don't feel this response is bashing you, but I do feel like you're missing the point. They are the bereaved family and they are the ones that need comfort. This political point is comforting to them (it's probably not comforting to people who are fine with the status quo because political change isn't - but the people who are uncomfortable with this political point are generally not the people who lost the most right now).

Turning someone's death into a cause is a very common, normal, human thing to do and helps the bereaved feel like their loss isn't senseless and random.

If they feel incapable of grieving on a personal level because the loss is too big and they need to focus on something that feels meaningful and if they believe that by championing this cause they might help another family not lose their aboriginal daughter, how is that "not right"?

I hope you don't feel this response is bashing you, but I do feel like you're missing the point. They are the bereaved family and they are the ones that need comfort. This political point is comforting to them (it's probably not comforting to people who are fine with the status quo because political change isn't - but the people who are uncomfortable with this political point are generally not the people who lost the most right now).

Turning someone's death into a cause is a very common, normal, human thing to do and helps the bereaved feel like their loss isn't senseless and random.

If they feel incapable of grieving on a personal level because the loss is too big and they need to focus on something that feels meaningful and if they believe that by championing this cause they might help another family not lose their aboriginal daughter, how is that "not right"?

You got a point. I guess I did not see it that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back