CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i see a pattern here someone is very unhappy and angry about camper type vehicles ;)
I'm wondering what he's really up to. Two cases of road rage in such a short time? I'm not convinced. What other motive is possible here. Again - robbery maybe? Just one of those motives it's difficult to figure out because his brain operates differently?

I agree. The witness saw the man talking to the two victim, so they were outside the van and presumably wearing something on their feet because of the gravel. I'm wondering if the altercation with the suspect happened first, then the suspect came back later with a gun.

When found, the back window was smashed, Lucas was without shoes and Chynna was wearing one shoe. Smashing the back window suggests that the suspect broke into the van, which would happen if they were locked in the van to sleep. The side doors were found open as well. Lucas was a short distance from the van and Chynna was 5 meters from the him.

The first witness at the scene said that their body positions were identical, which he found odd.

Where can I read about their shoes and positioning and the 1st witness?

Teens missing who have beard, but their burning grey truck and a dead guy found ....hmm

I doubt that the teens are on a murderous rampage. I think they are victims as well.

I think it's too coincidental that 2 young travelling victims are found shot and unrecognizable on Monday after being seen on Sunday afternoon, and another young victim is found unrecognizable on Friday. Two other young men are missing and their vehicle is found burning on Friday after being last seen on Thursday afternoon. All of the victims are in the same general remote area.

There are not a lot of roads to take in the area, and there's a direct route between the two scenes.

upload_2019-7-21_22-1-58.png

Teens missing who have beard, but their burning grey truck and a dead guy found ....hmm

If it’s true the two young men went to Whitehorse looking for work, hwy 37 where their burned camper was found leads to their home town of Port Alberti and branches off at Watson Lake, Yukon. That direct route does not go past Laird Hot Springs so I’m not entirely convinced the two situations are connected in that way.

Once LE have determined the identity of the body found 2km away hopefully the picture will become clearer. But at this point I don’t understand why somebody would’ve murdered all 3 men and then hidden only 2 of the 3 bodies. And left both bodies of LF and CD at the scene.

Last edited:
Yes if that was the case, that would certainly add complexity at the onset. Then after it was determined who the pair likely were, according to my link a second confirmation would be required, commonly either visual or dental records. That would take additional time as well, especially if disfigurement was involved and dental records were required from two separate foreign countries.

After finding Chynna's passport, FBI was involved to contact her family. From there, police would have connected her to Lucas, and then his family would have been notified. It was in the news on Friday, so that would be when the families were finally notified and there was confirmation about their identities.

All this would have happened on Monday if the vehicle had been registered to the ranch. Chynna and Lucas were together on the ranch for a week prior to their trip (July 6-14). He had worked at the ranch since February, and he bought the van at the ranch. The ranch owners would have provided their names on Monday and the investigation would have moved forward without the 3 day delay.

Where can I read about their shoes and positioning and the 1st witness?

One of the video news releases that was linked earlier. It's the one where the two witnesses are interviewed. The first is the woman who drove by and saw the man parked near the van, the second witness discovered the bodies and described the shoes and positioning.

Try this, it has some of the coverage:

Woman saw man in heated exchange with murdered tourist couple

yeah iv tried to explain this as well, i think you did a better job of it
its like saying something in melbourne and mildura are related
it would be extreme unlikely but i do think some people here have a point it is odd about the deaths in this region close together and until they are explained they are cool by me to run ther theories as long as they can find something to connect them

IMO it would likely not be considered as connected at all if two similar crimes occurred in two separate towns, but since they both happened on remote stretches of highway this somewhat negates the distance. Of course until we see evidence of a connection it is just speculation.

'm wondering what he's really up to. Two cases of road rage in such a short time?

is it at all possible someone or some people are on the run from a different crime? and they are the cause of this? stealing money and goods along the way to keep themselves going?

wild theory but id thought i would mention it

I'm wondering what he's really up to. Two cases of road rage in such a short time? I'm not convinced. What other motive is possible here. Again - robbery maybe? Just one of those motives it's difficult to figure out because his brain operates differently?
I'm not convinced this is the same person, or how it could even be done by one person. Why leave one body in the rest area, presumably put two other bodies in your vehicle, then get the keys and drive the victims' truck 2 kms away, set it on fire, then somehow retrieve your own vehicle and drive it away with two bodies inside?

I'm sorry to say, the scenario looks more like stealing the vehicle owned by the dead man in the rest area, one person moving and setting fire to the truck, and then being picked up by the person with the stolen car.

If it’s true the two young men went to Whitehorse looking for work, hwy 37 where their burned camper was found leads to their home town of Port Alberti and branches off at Watson Lake, Yukon. That direct route does not go past Laird Hot Springs so I’m not entirely convinced the two situations are connected in that way.

Once LE have determined the identity of the body found 2km away hopefully the picture will become clearer. But at this point I don’t understand why somebody would’ve murdered all 3 men and then hidden only 2 of the 3 bodies. And left both bodies of LF and CD at the scene.

I'm thinking that the suspect in the double murders was heading North when they were murdered, and may have headed S on Hwy 37 next - if the incidents are connected. The boys were supposed to be going to the Yukon to look for work, but apparently there's a mystery there as well regarding why they were at Dease Lake at 3:15 on Thursday.

Here is the quote from the above article about the location and body position of the two murdered individuals:

"Another road worker, Trevor Pierre, told Channel 9 that he found the bodies early last Monday, about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs on Highway 97 near the border with the Yukon. He said that the van had a smashed rear right window and the side doors were open".

“In the ditch was the lady first, the young lady, and maybe five metres behind was the gentleman,” Pierre said. “He had no shoes. The young lady had one.” He said the victims were lying on the ground in identical positions.

I'm thinking that the suspect in the double murders was heading North when they were murdered, and may have headed S on Hwy 37 next - if the incidents are connected. The boys were supposed to be going to the Yukon to look for work, but apparently there's a mystery there as well regarding why they were at Dease Lake at 3:15 on Thursday.
I think it's crazy(but has to be a total coincidence) that Chynna's last name is Deese and the boys are missing from Dease lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18