CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbery can't be the motive - the younger people looked like nothing to rob. Curious if the woman was sexually assaulted or not.

normal robbery no. But if one was a fugitive looking for food or a change of vehicle than either intended murder as part of the robbery or collateral murder can't be excluded.

In my city we just had a couple stabbed to death by someone who started by stealing their mobile phones a week ago. You'd be amazed what people are murdered over.

Last edited:
They were headed north from Hudson's Hope. The only way for them to visit Dease Lake seems to be continuing north on 97 quite a ways and then heading back south on 37. There aren't any crossover roads. It is a little addition to the story that her name and the lake's are so similar. I also found a McLeod Lake in the northern area and one of the teen's last name is McLeod.

Yeah it’s a long shot. I missed the part that they were heading north from Hudsons Hope, I thought it was Fort Nelson they were referencing. I know that there is a connection to HH in that Lucas worked there at a ranch but had left to travel.

Not at all illegal in the US. Not in any state. Is it in Canada?
Not illegal in US, Canada or Australia. I spent six months in Australia for work two years ago. Australia is a crazy nanny country, you can rack up $1,000 worth of fines riding a bike if it doesn't have a bell, a light and/or if you don't signal or are not wearing a helmet all of which are heavily finable infractions in lots of places there -- but so far you can drive with barefoot there.

normal robbery no. But if one was a fugitive looking for food or a change of vehicle than either intended murder as part of the robbery or collateral murder can e excluded.

In my city we just had a couple stabbed to death by someone who started by stealing their mobile phones a week ago. You'd be amazed what people are murdered over.

I guess I feel like a fugitive already out somewhere that isolated would be semi-prepared, it'd be hard to survive out there long without anything. Yes, lots of senseless murders sadly. I just don't feel robbery was a motive for this one. Either collateral damage, sexual assault of the girl (although sounds like they were executed swiftly so maybe not) or someone crossed their path and an altercation maybe ensued. JMO

Yeah it’s a long shot. I missed the part that they were heading north from Hudsons Hope, I thought it was Fort Nelson they were referencing. I know that there is a connection to HH in that Lucas worked there at a ranch but had left to travel.

July 13 : Hudson Hope Ranch
July 13 : gas station 7:45PM
July 14 : van not working 3:20PM
July 14 : evening (maybe 11:30PM) accosted at broken van
July 15 : deceased 7:19AM

Distance from Hudson Hope Ranch to bodies: 4.5 hours

upload_2019-7-22_21-29-2.png

What I wrote is it depends, and cooperating with someone even at gunpoint is often a mistake, it depends on several factors. We don't know a lot of information about how this unforced, in fact it is as possible they did not cooperate.

And saying law enforcement input would suggest that one always cooperates is not true. You do NOT for example allow yourself to taken somewhere because that massive increase risk of being killed.

Lastly the were not victims of gun violence but of criminal violence. probably half of rural BC owns guns without killing anyone
It's not unusual for us to quote and/or defer to msm in our linked posts, and both the RCMP presser and print are quoted saying the same:

Police said the pair were “victims of gun violence”

Final video before couple’s murder

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...-australian-lucas-fowler-20190723-p529qe.html

Last edited:
the death was caused by a criminal, and criminals can use anything. Guns don't shoot themselves. Plenty of people in BC are murdered with knives, bludgeons etc., what is causing their deaths is criminality, not some object

And again in lots of circumstances law enforcement will strongly recommend NOT to cooperate. it depends on several factors.

Also safe to assume Lucas was schooled by his father in how to handle different situations, especially since he traveled in some dangerous places. There's not much you can do when faced with a crazed killer with a gun, out in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing that's why the witness said Lucas seemed agitated at the man in the middle of the road when she passed by.

Has anyone looked up the specs on this van like fuel capacity/mpg? I asked a mechanic friend of mine and he was saying this van probably got 12-14mpg tops with a 22-24 gallon gas tank. How far were they from the gas station they filled up at? Did they have extra fuel cans with them for a just in case? If so, could that fuel been used as an accelerant in the truck fire (this is if they are linked at all). It's late, just thinking out loud ‍♀️

Also safe to assume Lucas was schooled by his father in how to handle different situations, especially since he traveled in some dangerous places. There's not much you can do when faced with a crazed killer with a gun, out in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing that's why the witness said Lucas seemed agitated at the man in the middle of the road when she passed by.

I'm sure that Lucas knew his father's values and personality, and he probably knew how dangerous the world can be through his father. At the same time it seems that he embraced a completely different life - one as a free living hippy rather than rule based law enforcement. I'm sure that if they had a chance, they did their best to reason with the person who murdered them. They might even have thought that because they are good people, others would not do a crazy thing like kill them. Wrong place, wrong time, no way to get away.

Has anyone looked up the specs on this van like fuel capacity/mpg? I asked a mechanic friend of mine and he was saying this van probably got 12-14mpg tops with a 22-24 gallon gas tank. How far were they from the gas station they filled up at? Did they have extra fuel cans with them for a just in case? If so, could that fuel been used as an accelerant in the truck fire (this is if they are linked at all). It's late, just thinking out loud ‍♀️

In video of the gas station, they filled the gas tank and bought snacks.

‘Extremely violent’ B.C. fugitive Brandon Teixeira may be in Alberta; reward issued
Robber and getting the cars of people could very well be the motives in all these cases.

I wonder how they’ve come to believe he’s ordering food? Did a driver go to police to say they delivered to a guy who resembles him? Wouldn’t LE go check out the place the food was ordered to then? Hmm

I want to say DW matches the sketch more IMO, but I can still see a resemblance to BT. He also looks like he could potentially have darker/more tanned skin than DW. I would also think a height difference of 6’3 and 5’10 would be more noticeable to a faraway eyewitness than 6’3 and 6’0, JMO.

They left Hudson's Hope on Saturday, from the ranch where Lucas was employed. If they were seen gassing up the van Saturday evening in Fort Nelson, that looks to be a straight north direction. Map tells me distance is 440 km and takes almost 5 hours.

I'd be willing to bet that the pickup with camper fared about the same if not worse in gas mileage as the couples van. Possible the truck/camper also had extra gas can.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member