CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of several dozen forensic elements some of which the police certainly have, and some of which they likely have that we don't.

But keep in mind at the presser as well as what they leak, the police don't only have different motives/interest in the messaging than we wish, but they have competing interests within their own interests. They don't want to let on all of what they know or suspect since this could compromise catching the perp(s), or even beyond that, successfully prosecuting them.

Of the two known victims, they have bodies meaning prints, blood type, DNA, any transferred DNA, cause and means of death and almost certainly projectile ballistics.
At the first scene they have the victim's vehicle, and may have shell casing (which very often have prints of whoever loaded the gun, and which would narrow type of gun more closely), possible third party prints.

At the scene of the other deceased they almost certainly already have an preliminary finding as to time, cause and means of death, possibly an idea as to whether he died there or where the camper truck was, and prints, dental and DNA which may or may not help identify him. They'd check his hands for powder residue. That would not be definitive, but we can't exclude that he is the murderer, there is no slam dunk exclusion of him unless his time of death is clearly established as before the couples death. he could have killed the couple, and the two missing guys and offed himself in remorse. Likely? No. I doubt he would have ditched his ID before suicide, if that were the case. But completely excluded from what we know at this point? No.

For the missing young men, they could have criminal records if any, possible ownership or access to firearms (if any relatives firearms are missing), cell tower records, their DNA or prints from their family homes etc.

As far as robbery or meth-heads, sure that is possible. I guess from the police asking about the ID of the lone body, that there was no wallet or nothing with his name, which is very unusual nowadays.

I think this is too messy to be a serial killer. Now, sure, they are not all evil geniuses like in the movies. But this would be a pretty sloppy serial killing. Spree yes, serial killer no.

I think an escaped prisoner makes sense, since if he was desperate, he might well try and rob for some food and a junk van and kill the witnesses before learning the van was not running, and gotten in his own car. I'd be interested in if the ballistics or casings show the gun to be a pistol or a rifle. Rifles among locals there would be very common, ruger mini is probably in half the households there, whereas an escaped US fugitive more likely would have a pistol. Just the odds of how murders occur makes an escaped prisoner rare, but that cant be exluded.

Regardless of who did this, it is really tragic that this couple was victim of criminal violence at such a sweet time in their lives. And if the other lone guy and the other two young men are victims, this is really a big swath of cruelty.

depends even a small rifle would do that damage, a glock or .44 would blow a hole like that

shot gun would just destroy half the back of the van and you'd see evidence of one being use, like other damage to other bits of the van

So, a gun being used for the window which does make the most sense is still on the table for options.

Three deaths and disappearance of two teenagers in Canada might be linked, say police

This article from the Guardian ( about 20 mins ago AEST) is , to my mind , leaning towards interpreting the RCMP as to the teenage boys being missing, not suspects, and potential victims.. too terrible, but as time inexorably grinds on, and these two young men are still missing, it makes it harder to believe that ( a) a killer murders two strangers and 50 miles away, (b) two teenagers burn their own method of conveyance and take off on foot into the tundra, for the hell of it. Over a 24 hour time span.

Doesn't add up.

a773dbaf04d7188560689cea670a3733

derek-whisenand-murder-suspect.jpg

Manitoba RCMP have released new photos of Derek Whisenand, who is wanted in connection with a homicide in Eastland County, Texas. Police think he crossed into Manitoba during the week of June 24

upload_2019-7-22_20-36-20.png

Surprised at the debate about driving barefoot--didn't realize it was considered that unusual. I'm an American hillbilly, and I like to drive barefoot for longer trips. :)

I could definitely see LF being without shoes for a long-distance road trip.
I'm having flashbacks of driver's ed class and I think we saw a film where a barefoot driver dropped the car cigarette lighter (remember those?) on his foot and then lost control of the pedal/car.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there. :)

jmo

Just went back and watched this again. There is a police vehicle and a couple orange cones WELL before passing the main crime scene. Any thoughts as to the significance of that? Perhaps where the perp possibly parked? Maybe trash or cigarette butt or something?? Any thoughts? Perhaps something that belonged to either CD or LF??
Shell casings, keys, or any of a dozen things

I think a shotgun could make the hole, depending on size of shot and choke used. I don't think it would be reasonable to get the right angle from inside though.

I am a little over 5ft, standing in a full size van hunched over to walk in it my shoulder is about middle of the back window.

I think the hole could be a hard shoulder shove against the window or someone head slammed against it.

These are the locations of the 4 missing men, 3 vehicles, 2 identified bodies and 1 unidentified body.

View attachment 194457

Thank you, Otto!

Do we have a description of the Jeep found at Logan Lake? Because that is a possible five days the perp could have been driving that vehicle. IMO, making a possible connection to all of the cases

In the other photo of the Texas escapee, I see more similarities to the composite drawing, but in this side-by-side, I do not think they look very similar. In my subjective opinion, the eyes are different, as is the nose, the ears, and the overall shape of the head. I do realize that a lot of people here think they look remarkably similar.

I can think of several dozen forensic elements some of which the police certainly have, and some of which they likely have that we don't.

But keep in mind at the presser as well as what they leak, the police don't only have different motives/interest in the messaging than we wish, but they have competing interests within their own interests. They don't want to let on all of what they know or suspect since this could compromise catching the perp(s), or even beyond that, successfully prosecuting them.

Of the two known victims, they have bodies meaning prints, blood type, DNA, any transferred DNA, cause and means of death and almost certainly projectile ballistics.
At the first scene they have the victim's vehicle, and may have shell casing (which very often have prints of whoever loaded the gun, and which would narrow type of gun more closely), possible third party prints.

At the scene of the other deceased they almost certainly already have an preliminary finding as to time, cause and means of death, possibly an idea as to whether he died there or where the camper truck was, and prints, dental and DNA which may or may not help identify him. They'd check his hands for powder residue. That would not be definitive, but we can't exclude that he is the murderer, there is no slam dunk exclusion of him unless his time of death is clearly established as before the couples death. he could have killed the couple, and the two missing guys and offed himself in remorse. Likely? No. I doubt he would have ditched his ID before suicide, if that were the case. But completely excluded from what we know at this point? No.

For the missing young men, they could have criminal records if any, possible ownership or access to firearms (if any relatives firearms are missing), cell tower records, their DNA or prints from their family homes etc.

As far as robbery or meth-heads, sure that is possible. I guess from the police asking about the ID of the lone body, that there was no wallet or nothing with his name, which is very unusual nowadays.

I think this is too messy to be a serial killer. Now, sure, they are not all evil geniuses like in the movies. But this would be a pretty sloppy serial killing. Spree yes, serial killer no.

I think an escaped prisoner makes sense, since if he was desperate, he might well try and rob for some food and a junk van and kill the witnesses before learning the van was not running, and gotten in his own car. I'd be interested in if the ballistics or casings show the gun to be a pistol or a rifle. Rifles among locals there would be very common, ruger mini is probably in half the households there, whereas an escaped US fugitive more likely would have a pistol. Just the odds of how murders occur makes an escaped prisoner rare, but that cant be exluded.

Regardless of who did this, it is really tragic that this couple was victim of criminal violence at such a sweet time in their lives. And if the other lone guy and the other two young men are victims, this is really a big swath of cruelty.

Killing spree , sounds about right, and no indication that the 'spree ' has ended. Or when it could start up again. And too messy , for an organized serial killer, however, a disorganized one could flail around Highway 97 until the cows come home, or until caught. Whichever comes first. …

It is , to me, a reasonable assumption to make, that it is a man.

There is nothing so far that indicates it's a woman, unless the road worker lady is extraordinarily clever and cool. And further, a lone man. Who could overpower two people, surprise being the deciding factor, risky, but not impossible. Nothing so far that indicates more than 2 killers travelling and acting in concert, unless, of course, it is the teenagers. I just don't get why they would burn their truck , in that case, vehicular possession being the difference between life and death 'out there'.

Where are those bloody boys!!. the longer this element of this crime remains mysterious the more convoluted the crime becomes...

Thank you, Otto!

Do we have a description of the Jeep found at Logan Lake? Because that is a possible five days the perp could have been driving that vehicle. IMO, making a possible connection to all of the cases
2019 white Jeep that belonged to the two missing Surrey BC men( not the missing two younger men whose burnt out red/grey truck was found not real far from the unidentified man's body))....moo

This is all we know: we know the couple were victims of gun violence, and presumably they had no weapon.

What options did they have under this circumstance, and what makes you believe they would not want to cooperate with their assailant if held at gun point?

What I wrote is it depends, and cooperating with someone even at gunpoint is often a mistake, it depends on several factors. We don't know a lot of information about how this unforced, in fact it is as possible they did not cooperate.

And saying law enforcement input would suggest that one always cooperates is not true. You do NOT for example allow yourself to taken somewhere because that massive increase risk of being killed.

Lastly the were not victims of gun violence but of criminal violence. probably half of rural BC owns guns without killing anyone

Didn’t one of the eyewitness reports of the highway incident say the man was shorter than LF and stocky build? The Texas fugitive is definitely stocky.

The RCMP notice of the Texas fugitive says they believe he went to eastern Canada. But it’s very possible that he went west. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the perp but I guess it could also be the teens. Seems like a stretch that it’s them though (to me at least).

Definitely think the perp has the car of the poor older man found deceased 2kms from the teens truck.

If they can identify the deceased man, they should be able to get his vehicles licence plate and registration.
So where would his original vehicle be?

yes possibly
the other thing to remember is this is an old van its a good possibility the glass is not saftey glass and could be the old style plate glass which would shatter easier

I'm pretty sure that 1986 Canadian vehicles had safety glass. I'm inclined to think that the only thing that will cause a round hole in a car window is a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum