CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that the perp broke the back door glass and just started shooting and both of the victims were simply trying to escape and so opened the van doors?

We just know that Lucas had no shoes on and Chynna had on one shoe. Could have been the jumped out as quickly as they could once the van was attacked? MOO

I think throw open the easy to open door and run. I don't think hang out and work at getting the side door closest to the back open if you are trying to run. I don't think anyone would spend three extra min getting the second one open. they have to open in order with different latches. that is why I think the side doors was already open. I cant see having doors open to sleep. maybe moving things around getting ready to sleep. maybe the killer stuck around to open the second door. moo.

i reallu hope those two are not the killers and they murdered them, then went on the run and burned their own car, hijacked someone elses and killed that person and left them there

very big jumps and we will know more soon in about an hour, its my thoughts it could be 1000% wrong

I don't believe 3rd victim located near burned vehicle has been identified. I'm also not aware of an additional and/or hijacked vehicle. Is there a source for this? Thanks.

i reallu hope those two are not the killers and they murdered them, then went on the run and burned their own car, hijacked someone elses and killed that person and left them there

very big jumps and we will know more soon in about an hour, its my thoughts it could be 1000% wrong

The tweet from @JAckerman that sillybilly linked above says the RCMP will have 2 "back to back" press conferences on the two murder cases. JMO, it sounds like they're considering them separate cases for now.

Reports stated that Lucas explained why the vehicle was flooded and his planned repair which the mechanic that stopped to help agreed with.

There's also been a report that the couple were seen at the Liard Lodge the night before murdered, and investigators were gathering surveillance video there.

It's possible the couple left the roadside where they were once stranded and traveled to the Lodge -- returning later to the highway where they met their horrific death.

MOO

News video clip at link

Nine News Australia‏Verified account @9NewsAUS
1:28 AM - 22 Jul 2019
BBM What??
I have a difficult time seeing them driving their recently disable van 20km? to the lodge and then driving back to park in the exact place where it was disabled in the first place. How does this make any sense? (Not directed at you @Seattle1 )

ETA Unless someone gave them a ride to go get food or gas...

I don't believe 3rd victim located near burned vehicle has been identified. I'm also not aware of an additional and/or hijacked vehicle. Is there a source for this? Thanks.

JMO from some of the wording now being used, why the word hunting being used to describe the two boys

it was just a thought as i said could be 100% wrong, it jst popped into my head as i read through the new updates posted above my comment

i'll explain a little further my comment, i was saying what if the dead person they haven't identified yet had a car and it was hijacked from those two boys in the camper, and those two boys torched their own car to destroy evidence
i mean its far fetched but it just came into my head as i read through the updates

I think throw open the easy to open door and run. I don't think hang out and work at getting the side door closest to the back open if you are trying to run. I don't think anyone would spend three extra min getting the second one open. they have to open in order with different latches. that is why I think the side doors was already open. I cant see having doors open to sleep. maybe moving things around getting ready to sleep. maybe the killer stuck around to open the second door. moo.

I believe they may have been ordered outside the vehicle at gunpoint -- possible the rear door, and shot in grassy location feet away from the vehicle where there bodies located.

MOO

BBM What??
I have a difficult time seeing them driving their recently disable van 20km? to the lodge and then driving back to park in the exact place where it was disabled in the first place. How does this make any sense? (Not directed at you @Seattle1 )

ETA Unless someone gave them a ride to go get food or gas...

I don't think it's confirmed the van was in the exact location where it was seen stalled.

News report does not cite the time they were at the lodge or if they arrived with others.

Hopefully more answers provided at the presser.

Reports stated that Lucas explained why the vehicle was flooded and his planned repair which the mechanic that stopped to help agreed with.

There's also been a report that the couple were seen at the Liard Lodge the night before murdered, and investigators were gathering surveillance video there.

It's possible the couple left the roadside where they were once stranded and traveled to the Lodge -- returning later to the highway where they met their horrific death.

MOO

News video clip at link

Nine News Australia‏Verified account @9NewsAUS
1:28 AM - 22 Jul 2019

I can't find that story at the link. Is it available anywhere else online? I've watched two news video stories in the last 12 hours about the murders and didn't hear or read anything about that.

I can't find that story at the link. Is it available anywhere else online? I've watched two news video stories in the last 12 hours about the murders and didn't hear or read anything about that.
Follow link provided in my post #718 which you quoted. All news clips are linked according to date/time of tweet.

JMO from some of the wording now being used, why the word hunting being used to describe the two boys

it was just a thought as i said could be 100% wrong, it jst popped into my head as i read through the new updates posted above my comment

i'll explain a little further my comment, i was saying what if the dead person they haven't identified yet had a car and it was hijacked from those two boys in the camper, and those two boys torched their own car to destroy evidence
i mean its far fetched but it just came into my head as i read through the updates
I think it's a scenario that potentially explains confusing details like torched truck and missing teens.

In this photo, note that the shoulder is very wide in that area and partially paved. There is a white line at the outer edge of the lane.

246vplk.png

There is no white line near or under the victims' blue van in the photos. Based on this, it appears the van was fully on the shoulder of the road and not blocking the travel lane in any way.

67360_cbt8887_1.jpg

Sorry, I just can't see putting the blame on the victims. Perhaps we'll get some clarification, but so far none of the witnesses has said the van was parked partially on the roadway.

Maybe he was angry with them for sitting in lawn chairs, sharing a meal while waiting for their engine to cool. Maybe he was angry because he thought they were going to camp there overnight. Either way, it was none of his business and they were doing no harm to anyone.

If you could give the time/date or headline that would be more helpful, thanks.

I'm sorry but these are video links and not news reports with headlines/dates. The videos are available within the tweets linked. Embedded videos don't copy to WS so you have to go to the link if you want to view the video.

ETA: Tried a go-around direct to AUS news broadcast but same cannot be viewed from my geographical area (USA). Not a new problem and why we are forced to use twitter video links or facebook live stream.

Last edited:
In this photo, note that the shoulder is very wide in that area and partially paved. There is a white line at the outer edge of the lane.

246vplk.png

There is no white line near or under the victims' blue van in the photos. Based on this, it appears the van was fully on the shoulder of the road and not blocking the travel lane in any way.

67360_cbt8887_1.jpg

Sorry, I just can't see putting the blame on the victims. Perhaps we'll get some clarification, but so far none of the witnesses has said the van was parked partially on the roadway.

Maybe he was angry with them for sitting in lawn chairs, sharing a meal while waiting for their engine to cool. Maybe he was angry because he thought they were going to camp there overnight. Either way, it was none of his business and they were doing no harm to anyone.

It’s most likely you can’t see the white line in the photo because the shoulder is so wide it’s cut out of the photo.

“Born and raised on Highway 97”
I guess we were lead astray by old google streetview images. The reliability of streetview as evidence goes down a few notches, for me.

ETA: someone still might have been angry about them apparently 'parked' or 'camping' along the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed