CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds somewhat similar to the missing young men whose camper van was found burning in Deas Lake, BC. For those who are local, do these kinds of crimes happen frequently in BC?
When I see Surrey in a headline, I assume drug gangs. Not necessarily true, but that's the pattern.

This case is fairly unprecedented. There was a case of a tourist being shot while driving in Alberta last summer, it was stupid kids on drugs, acting out their gangster fantasies.

It's not clear to me what circumstances are involved in the ongoing case in Dease Lake.

It sounds somewhat similar to the missing young men whose camper van was found burning in Deas Lake, BC. For those who are local, do these kinds of crimes happen frequently in BC?
local to which incident? Because the teenagers burning van is 1,400 kilometres from southern BC where that other vehicle was found. But, no, this is not a frequent occurrence.

When I see Surrey in a headline, I assume drug gangs. Not necessarily true, but that's the pattern.

This case is fairly unprecedented. There was a case of a tourist being shot while driving in Alberta last summer, it was stupid kids on drugs, acting out their gangster fantasies.

It's not clear to me what circumstances are involved in the ongoing case in Dease Lake.

The missing men whose camper van was found 50 km south of Dease Lake

CANADA - Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, travelling BC, mid July 2019 *car found on fire*

Two young men, friends, traveling back from the Yukon to Port Alberni, BC, missing, camper van found on fire south of Dease Lake. A third unidentified man found deceased nearby.

B.C.Highway Cams

If you click on the webcam, you can get a good idea of the amount of traffic. Yesterday afternoon I watched it for 20 minutes around 4:00 p.m.. The camera refreshes every two minutes. I never saw a single car, not one, not even on the horizon.

I live in a fairly remote area of N. ON., and it's not unusual for me to drive for 1/2 hr or more without meeting another vehicle. If we see three vehicles in a row, we call it a convoy and bemoan the dreadful traffic.

But highway 97 is far more remote than these parts. That's why stopping to check other cars stalled on the roadside is a common local practice.

So I don't think it was particularly dangerous for Bearded Man to stand in the middle of the road, but his stance could be perceived as aggressive behaviour, and that would be so unusual that it would make the witness very concerned.
Interesting. So little traffic, yet a double homicide was committed.

Clearly hitchhikers are going to be found mostly in towns, at intersections, or at rest stops or gas stations.

Three dead, two missing off northern B.C. highway leaves local residents unsettled
"The unsettling string of events began early morning on Monday, July 14, when officers discovered the bodies of a tourist couple on the side of the Alaska Highway, 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs."
b.c.-1.jpg

The bodies tourist couple were found 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs, while the burned vehicle owned by the missing boys was discovered 50 kilometres away from Dease Lake. Google Maps

I'm in BC. No, these types of crimes are not common in BC. I'm not prone to quick linking either, but IMO the 3
scenes in northern BC are most likely connected. The Surrey men didn't go missing until July 17, so after the Liard incident of July 14/15. I doubt that one is connected.

I'm in BC. No, these types of crimes are not common in BC. I'm not prone to quick linking either, but IMO the 3
scenes in northern BC are most likely connected. The Surrey men didn't go missing until July 17, so after the Liard incident of July 14/15. I doubt that one is connected.

Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't notice the difference in the timeline.

ok. thanks. chevy did have a smaller version of the same vintage with a sliding side door that I thought was the one called mini.
Yes the newer models...I just remember people calling all types of vans minivans...but, I could be wrong.

I looked up the online definition...

Minivan. ... Minivan is an American car classification for vehicles which are designed to transport passengers in the rear seating row(s), have reconfigurable seats in two or three rows. The equivalent terms in British English are Multi-purpose Vehicle (MPV), people carrier and people mover.

Last edited:
Wondering about this guy:

Texas murder suspect jumped the border into Manitoba: RCMP

derek-w.png

Note reference to "black goatee". I know they've said could be enroute to eastern Canada, but ... 2 things:

- could be tricky RCMP disinformation to make dude think they have it wrong

- could be RCMP had it right and dude changed direction when he read that news

Last edited:
Yes the newer models...I just remember people calling all types of vans minivans...but, I could be wrong.

I looked up the online definition...

Minivan. ... Minivan is an American car classification for vehicles which are designed to transport passengers in the rear seating row(s), have reconfigurable seats in two or three rows. The equivalent terms in British English are Multi-purpose Vehicle (MPV), people carrier and people mover.
my thoughts about mini or full size is simply how the doors are opened. how easy it would be to get in or out of one over the other.

derek-w.png

Note reference to "black goatee". I know they've said could be enroute to eastern Canada, but ... 2 things:

Yes! Me too. Interesting he has a beard. Just in case we want to suspect him.

Last edited by a moderator:

derek-w.png

i travel a lot in and out of manitoba during the summer season i actually just got back 3 weeks a go after spending 2 and half month within the plains of the states headed north after the spring tornado season ended in the plains and moved into the dakotas and canada
its a heck of a drive though but i mean this guy doesn't have much to lose
this would support my thoery a couple pages back about someone running from a different crime and trying to get cash and other assets to keep going, anything is possible

Last edited by a moderator:
i travel a lot in and out of manitioba during the summer season i actually just got back 3 weeks a go after spending 2 and half month within the plains of the states headed north after the spring tornado season ended in the plains and moved into the dakotas and canada
its a heck of a drive though but i mean this guy doesn't have much to lose
this would support my thoery a couple pages back about someone running from a different crime and trying to get cash and other assets to keep going, anything is possible
Certainly worth checking out

However, I’d think the 1992 Dodge Ram pickup w camper owned by the missing teens Kam and Byer found burned 300 miles north would have been a great vehicle for this guy to keep, not burn

However, I’d think the 1992 Dodge Ram pickup w camper owned by the missing teens Kam and Byer found burned 300 miles north would have been a great vehicle for this guy to keep, not burn

could have been non-operable as well and he took advatange of the kids but i mean you have a criminal and i am sure there is hundreds of others but when you have a murder suspect who has jumped the border that is concerning
considering they said he ditched his car before walking over the boarder and someone gave him a lift into Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder