CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I totally believe that the window was broken from the inside, until the RCMP state it was. I noticed the shoes too.

True, same with witness seeing the man at 11:30PM according to the man who stayed with the bodies in the morning. It would be dark, yet she has quite a detailed description of the vehicle and the witness.

True, same with witness seeing the man at 11:30PM according to the man who stayed with the bodies in the morning. It would be dark, yet she has quite a detailed description of the vehicle and the witness.
It is still light there at 11:30 pm...imo. But, we all know about witnesses descriptions. I hope she was right on though.

ETA The poi’s hat looks like a biker hat to me.

Last edited:
There's no law against driving in bare feet in Canada.

yeah i am Australian not Canadian

here you must wear shoes that will not impeed your driving skills and it also good in accidents because glass fragments don't get into your feet which is incredibly painful they actually have to local your entire foot to remove all the shards of glass

It is illegal to drive barefoot in Canada.

It is legal to drive barefoot in Australia but you can be fined if an officer believes you didnt have control of your vehicle because you were barefoot.

Edited to add: I've researched this for years because it drives me mad when my Aussie husband drives barefoot lol

So the situation had already escalated by the time the witness drove by.

If the killer came by shortly before 11:30, Lucas and Chynna were probably in the van sleeping. Perhaps the killer did try to break into the van, thinking it was unoccupied. This may have awakened Lucas who went outside to chase him away, with Chynna following. That would explain Lucas not having his shoes on.

As the witness drove by, the killer was in the road, Lucas was yelling at him for trying to break into the van. Killer was holding his arms out like "Hey, I was just checking on you, wasn't trying to break in", etc. (Sure). Killer pulls out a gun and shoots the couple, with possible sexual assault involved. Killer then goes through the van to steal wallets, money, anything else of value, then leaves.

Lucas and Chynna were probably deceased by midnight or shortly after.

All JMO

ETA: Also adding that the killer probably tried to break into the van by breaking the right rear window, which awakened Lucas & Chynna.

Last edited:
It is illegal to drive barefoot in Canada.

It is legal to drive barefoot in Australia but you can be fined if an officer believes you didnt have control of your vehicle because you were barefoot.

Edited to add: I've researched this for years because it drives me mad when my Aussie husband drives barefoot lol

Is barefoot driving illegal?

"The driving myth we hear the most from people is that it's illegal to drive in bare feet – but the law doesn't say that," says Brampton, Ont., driving instructor Ian Law. "It doesn't even say in the Highway Traffic Act that you have to wear clothes while driving." . Lol need some humour here as the deaths discussed are truly horrendous.

Last edited:
So the situation had already escalated by the time the witness drove by.

If the killer came by shortly before 11:30, Lucas and Chynna were probably in the van sleeping. Perhaps the killer did try to break into the van, thinking it was unoccupied. This may have awakened Lucas who went outside to chase him away, with Chynna following. That would explain Lucas not having his shoes on.

As the witness drove by, the killer was in the road, Lucas was yelling at him for trying to break into the van. Killer was holding his arms out like "Hey, I was just checking on you, wasn't trying to break in", etc. (Sure). Killer pulls out a gun and shoots the couple, with possible sexual assault involved. Killer then goes through the van to steal wallets, money, anything else of value, then leaves.

Lucas and Chynna were probably deceased by midnight or shortly after.

All JMO

If we accept the time of 11:30PM, then I think we have to also accept that window was broken from the inside.

"According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

According to Pierre, his boss may have been one of the last people to see Fowler and Deese alive. Pierre said when he got the call to secure the scene, his boss told him she had seen a third man speaking to the couple around 11:30 p.m. on July 14."​

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

If you want to know everything about a murder that's 12.5 thousand Klms away from home, 10 time zones away and you are wanting on the ground stuff, tune into WebSleuths, where one can get the real info.

A shoutout to Oohm, PingtheGreat, otto, Daikon, et al, again, thankyou to all for the terrific links.

It is midmorning here in Sydney, and I see, with deep unease, that those two teenagers haven't been spotted. This seems a long time , to me, for them to be off the radar, even as 'hunters' or 'woodsmen' and I am used to long distance lonely travel on endless deserted roads in AU and Canada, for them to be unseen, and particularly, unseen at any sort of service area, fuel, food, recharging their cell phones, something no teenager can remotely tolerate for more than 18 hrs.

And, they are, apparently, on foot. It is their van that is burnt out, so.. how are they travelling?

It is difficult to believe that all these incidents are unrelated at any point. Unless there is a secret murderers convention going on at Barrow , and the 97 is chock a block full of vans stacked with murderous men en route. That's a big stretch.

As an aside, here in AU, we owe a huge debt to the RCMP who's brilliant sting of Sebastian Burns, and Atif Rafay was copied, almost to the letter, under the auspices of the RCMP to land one of AU most wanted murderers, Brett Cowan , who's unhappy existence in prison is constantly being escalated by other prisoners so offended by him they nearly kill him themselves on a monotonously regular basis.

If we accept the time of 11:30PM, then I think we have to also accept that window was broken from the inside.

"According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

According to Pierre, his boss may have been one of the last people to see Fowler and Deese alive. Pierre said when he got the call to secure the scene, his boss told him she had seen a third man speaking to the couple around 11:30 p.m. on July 14."​

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

Yes, that's also possible. What would have happened to cause it to be broken from the inside? The killer breaking into the van while the victims are sleeping, with Lucas putting up a fight and the window getting broken?

As for both doors being opened, the kids could have opened both when they exited or the killer opened the second door when he decided to rummage through the van. Others have said the second door isn't easy to open, so... Opening both doors would allow the killer more light to see inside the darkened interior.

Seems like a robbery gone very wrong with a violent thief. As someone else mentioned yesterday, he probably had a criminal past and killed the witnesses to avoid going back to jail or prison. Drugs were probably involved and, if so, he was probably somewhat local (that's a different definition in northern BC of course). If he was robbing cars parked by the side of the road, he probably didn't have a lot of spare cash to travel extensively.

If he isn't local, he must have gained enough cash or used the stolen credit cards to keep going.

Last edited:
I'm extremely concerned for these boys. Hoping they're found by my morning!

If you want to know everything about a murder that's 12.5 thousand Klms away from home, 10 time zones away and you are wanting on the ground stuff, tune into WebSleuths, where one can get the real info.

A shoutout to Oohm, PingtheGreat, otto, Daikon, et al, again, thankyou to all for the terrific links.

It is midmorning here in Sydney, and I see, with deep unease, that those two teenagers haven't been spotted. This seems a long time , to me, for them to be off the radar, even as 'hunters' or 'woodsmen' and I am used to long distance lonely travel on endless deserted roads in AU and Canada, for them to be unseen, and particularly, unseen at any sort of service area, fuel, food, recharging their cell phones, something no teenager can remotely tolerate for more than 18 hrs.

And, they are, apparently, on foot. It is their van that is burnt out, so.. how are they travelling?

It is difficult to believe that all these incidents are unrelated at any point. Unless there is a secret murderers convention going on at Barrow , and the 97 is chock a block full of vans stacked with murderous men en route. That's a big stretch.

I agree. It doesn't look good for the two teens who were supposed to be looking for work in the Yukon, and who were then heading South from Dease Lake on Thursday afternoon. Their camper van was found burning on Friday July 19.

I think that if they were alive, they would have contacted their families. I too think there's very likely a connection between the 3 murders, 2 missing teens, and the burned vehicle. That opens the question of : where next? The first murders were July 14-15 overnight, the second was July 19.

This time yesterday, I would have bet money that this was a road rage killing. While I still think that is the most likely scenario, I cannot completely shake the idea of someone coming upon the van, assuming it was abandoned, and beginning to loot it, and the situation quickly escalating and becoming violent when LF and CD were probably suddenly surprisingly awakened. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle