CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It doesn't look good for the two teens who were supposed to be looking for work in the Yukon, and who were then heading South from Dease Lake on Thursday afternoon. Their camper van was found burning on Friday July 19.

I think that if they were alive, they would have contacted their families. I too think there's very likely a connection between the 3 murders, 2 missing teens, and the burned vehicle. That opens the question of : where next? The first murders were July 14-15 overnight, the second was July 19.
South to Vancouver ? Get lost in the "big city?"......moo

My husband is from Australia. They drive in bare feet

interesting! didn't know that. I don't believe many people in the US drive barefoot (not sure about Canada) because of the widely believed myth that it's illegal to do so (AFAIK, it's not illegal in any of the 50 states but many people believe it is).

As an aside, here in AU, we owe a huge debt to the RCMP who's brilliant sting of Sebastian Burns, and Atif Rafay was copied, almost to the letter, under the auspices of the RCMP to land one of AU most wanted murderers, Brett Cowan , who's unhappy existence in prison is constantly being escalated by other prisoners so offended by him they nearly kill him themselves on a monotonously regular basis.

The Mr Big sting, where no criminal can resist the idea of being paid to be a full time criminal.

The evidence flags on the ground could be anything from shell casing to personal property.

As far as what ethnicity/race/background the people in the sketches maybe I would not take much from the sketches, since while some turn out to be accurate, they are very often not. That said I doubt the RCMP would have characterized one of the sketches as of a person who is"Caucasian/white" if they did not have other reason to believe so such as the witness directly saying so. Of course that could well be someone who is of mixed (sorry to use that strange term since all humans are "mixed", but it is useful here) native and European ancestry as most native Americans and many Canadian First People are. BC does have some Latin immigrants and persons of subSaharan African ancestry but not many. But odds are given the demographics it is just someone of European descent.

As far as the two cases being related, odds are extremely high they are but the investigators can't take that as a given.

Even if they are related, the facts released so far don't even exclude the possibility the two missing young men are the perps. I dont think that is likely but nothing excluded that. The guy who was seen stopped by the highway worker could have simply been p/o'd that he stopped and offered help, was declined which he thought was ungrateful and then gone on his way and someone else committed the murder.

My guess is the rcmp could have a likely cause of death of the guy two miles from the burned out camper by now. they also would what kind and caliber of firearm, from autopsy or shell casings left (and they almost always are left on the scene)

There’s a brief video of the crime scene on this link.

Video taken at 3:00 pm on July 16, 2019 shows RCMP at a crime scene near the Liard Hot Springs in B.C. The bodies of Chynna Deese, 24, of Charlotte, N.C., and Lucas Fowler, a 23-year-old from Australia, were discovered around 7:20 a.m. on July 15 along the Alaska Highway, 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ead-british-columbia-alaska-highway-1.5220377

Police say link ‘possible’ between northern B.C. double murder, missing teens, dead man
Sarah MacDonald @smacdonald__
#BREAKING: @BCRCMP tell us "it is possible" that the same person, or persons, who murdered Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, could have also killed the deceased individual located near the vehicle of the two missing young men from #Vancouver Island. @GlobalBC

Sarah MacDonald @smacdonald__

Now the question @rdayaglobal is asking: are we dealing with a potential serial killer? @BCRCMP responding now. They are now walking back previous reassurances that there is no alleged serial killer at work. @GlobalBC

There’s a brief video of the crime scene on this link.

Video taken at 3:00 pm on July 16, 2019 shows RCMP at a crime scene near the Liard Hot Springs in B.C. The bodies of Chynna Deese, 24, of Charlotte, N.C., and Lucas Fowler, a 23-year-old from Australia, were discovered around 7:20 a.m. on July 15 along the Alaska Highway, 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ead-british-columbia-alaska-highway-1.5220377
Great early crime scene video find !.... Thank you for sharing it.......moo

The evidence flags on the ground could be anything from shell casing to personal property.

As far as what ethnicity/race/background the people in the sketches maybe I would not take much from the sketches, since while some turn out to be accurate, they are very often not. That said I doubt the RCMP would have characterized one of the sketches as of a person who is"Caucasian/white" if they did not have other reason to believe so such as the witness directly saying so. Of course that could well be someone who is of mixed (sorry to use that strange term since all humans are "mixed", but it is useful here) native and European ancestry as most native Americans and many Canadian First People are. BC does have some Latin immigrants and persons of subSaharan African ancestry but not many. But odds are given the demographics it is just someone of European descent.

As far as the two cases being related, odds are extremely high they are but the investigators can't take that as a given.

Even if they are related, the facts released so far don't even exclude the possibility the two missing young men are the perps. I dont think that is likely but nothing excluded that. The guy who was seen stopped by the highway worker could have simply been p/o'd that he stopped and offered help, was declined which he thought was ungrateful and then gone on his way and someone else committed the murder.

My guess is the rcmp could have a likely cause of death of the guy two miles from the burned out camper by now. they also would what kind and caliber of firearm, from autopsy or shell casings left (and they almost always are left on the scene)
The RCs undoubtedly know more than what they are telling the public. Yes I am wondering if they have DNA....probably.

It isn't an improbably scenario that Lucas and Chynna were followed for some time, perhaps a few days.. I watched that vid clip of them at the service station, so casual about showing affection so naturally, and how that would , under the wrong circumstances , at the wrong time, infuriate someone who's grip on reality was frail.

Perhaps someone who wanted to let go of the grip on reality, a terrible temptation to a killer flirting with the idea. Perhaps their planned route was overheard.. all theory but not improbable, and not for the first time, either. .

The RCs undoubtedly know more than what they are telling the public. Yes I am wondering if they have DNA....probably.

They probably have finger prints too. The man was seen with bare hands, so if he's the one who opened the van doors and rummaged through it, then he may have left a path of evidence.

There are so many odd things about this situation. LF was found with no shoes, and CD found with one shoe on. I would doubt they would be sleeping because it's unlikely she was sleeping in her shoes and also unlikely that that would have put her shoes on if someone was trying to break in. I think it's more probable they were awake when everything went down, and the last witness saw the man talking to them at 11:30 so that might narrow down even further the TOD.

Also, the window being smashed from the inside is another odd thing. What would be the circumstances for that? I suppose the killer could have shot and broke the glass and depending on the type of gun used could have sprayed the glass outwards, but the language that is being used is smashed out. I considered that CD or LF smashed the window trying to escape if someone was trying to break into their van, but they would have had to have something very close by to use to break the glass and fast. That seems like an unlikely option too. Thoughts?

Not to mention the other dead body and two missing teens, it's all so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle