Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bringing this over from the previous thread:

I actually find the photos of the van half on the road to be quite disturbing. Did they seriously sleep in a van that was half on the road? Why did they not push it off the road? Why was it stopped on the road at all? There's lots and lots of room there to move the van off the road, so I don't get it.

FactFinder3000

the van was not half on the road
this was made clear in previous threads
maybe someone can jump in here with the photos

Another thing. Remember in the gas bar footage, LF was hauling on his boots when hopping out of the van. (We know they were recent gifts from CD and maybe not fully shaped in yet.) He was obviously comfortable with driving the van in his bare feet. When the bodies were found, we're told he was wearing no footwear while CD had managed to get just one shoe on (had she been suddenly awakened?) This is strangely bothersome. What scenario makes sense? Does the blown out rear window suggest a last ditch attempt to protect themselves? Does the position on the road suggest a failed effort by LF to pull out on to the road and escape attacker(s). MOO Eyewitnesses speak out about couple found dead on B.C. highway

I really hope this wanted guy from Texas is captured soon (given that he illegally entered Canada, he's unlikely to step up voluntarily) because if he's the one in the animated conversation with LF and CD it might be crucially important to find out how the "discussion" evolved from there.
Police Release More Photos Of Suspected Murderer - Steinbachonline.com

For cold lake the police brief said “a short, unremarkable interaction”. I think that’s pretty classic terminology used in professions when there’s nothing out of the ordinary that’s been noted. It was fairly brief and run of the mill. After the fact it’s seen as remarkable simply because of who was helped.

Yes and then I found another article good stated it was not brief....
"He spent a good 20 minutes with them, talking, pulling out their SUV with his truck and then saying goodbye.
....Can’t see those kids killing anyone. Can’t even shake a hand properly, lol. Soft baby hands,”
Then he States "....
“It all makes sense now on why they were eyeing me down so f—ing hard.”

'My big heart could have got me killed'
‘My big heart could have got me killed’: Alberta man unknowingly helped fugitive B.C. teens escape after alleged killing spree

"The hood was up and there was a young couple sitting in lawn chairs in the ditch. The girl got up and waved at me," Carrie Haruluk said.

She said she couldn't help - her vehicle was full and there were vehicles coming in both directions - so she kept driving."

What happened to tourist couple found dead on Alaska Highway?
Just so everyone knows, the signal that means 'help me', is waving both arms over your head - back and forth like scissors. Moving one arm means hello I'm fine. I got that from the story 'Into the wild' - a pilot reported Chris waved to him - so the pilot thought he was fine. Little did he know Chris was dying.

I really hope either LE gives us more details that prove KM and BS are the killers of the couple OR the Texas guy is captured because I am going on a Northern BC roadtrip myself in a few days. Ahhhh!
You’ll be fine, this is so uncommon in this area, that’s part of the reason locals around here (Yukon/B.C.) are equally interested in and baffled by this case.

That brings up a question asked in the previous thread, if deaths on the AK Hwy were common. That’s a big NO! It’s extremely rare.

I swear people are extra fidgety around here though. I was driving down the AK Hwy looking for a lost dog the other day, driving slowly and maybe looking suspicious because I got a lot of weird looks. I might have freaked out the cyclist I slowed down to ask if he’d seen a dog wandering around. It’s definitely a bit tense.

bringing this over from the previous thread:

I actually find the photos of the van half on the road to be quite disturbing. Did they seriously sleep in a van that was half on the road? Why did they not push it off the road? Why was it stopped on the road at all? There's lots and lots of room there to move the van off the road, so I don't get it.

FactFinder3000

the van was not half on the road
this was made clear in previous threads
maybe someone can jump in here with the photos
Picture of it in this news article. I find it weird looking at it up close no back window glass is visible on the ground

Couple Found Shot To Death Along Canadian Highway Under 'Suspicious' Circumstances

This case is teaching me how difficult it must be to decide which details to share with the public and which to withhold.For instance, it would help our armchair sleuthing if we knew time and cause of LD's death. It would also help to know if the charge against BS and KM for his death stems from specific forensic material--such as DNA or clothing fiber from one/both of them--found on his body, or is it enough that their abandoned vehicle was found so close to his body? We know that something definitely ties them to the Dease Lake area--their truck and its proximity to his body, if nothing else. What about Liard Hot Springs--has there been any evidence, camera footage or witness accounts linking them to that area in the days surrounding CD's and LF's van breakdown there? At some point I either read at www.CBC.ca or heard in one of the press briefing broadcasts that RCMP expected to have evidence to charge the teens with the couple's death--but as far as I can tell, they are still merely considered suspects. Did the expected evidence not pan out?

Time of death of Dr Leonard Dyck can be aligned with the time that the suspects' truck was burning, so maybe be an hour earlier? Would it make a difference knowing this information, other than to tell us that they high tailed it East just before the truck was found burning?

My guess is that the second degree murder charge relates to the discovery and identification of the burning Rav4, discovered on July 22 and linked to the suspects on July 23. Canada's criminal investigation information release seems like a mystery, but maybe all the information is available except connecting the dots - maybe that's the prosecutor's job.

So far there is no released concrete information connecting the suspects to the double murder, but all three murders were linked when the suspects were seen in Meadow Lake - RCMP thanked witnesses for making the connection.

They are not "merely" suspects in the gun violence shooting of Fowler and Deese, they are suspects who should not be approached, call police immediately. The evidence pans out, just not trial by media.

According to CBC, the RCMP is pulling out of York Landing, as their search turned up nothing:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/york-landing-search-bc-fugitives-1.5228561

"Police poured into York Landing on Sunday night, but the RCMP said in a tweet on Monday afternoon it could not substantiate the tip following a "thorough and exhaustive search" of the community."

So the last (technically) confirmed sighting was Spirit Lake? Or, thereabouts? It is possible that these two suspects made it to Kelsey and/or Thompson quickly, with help, or something like that. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of it in this news article. I find it weird looking at it up close no back window glass is visible on the ground

Couple Found Shot To Death Along Canadian Highway Under 'Suspicious' Circumstances

The glass was visible to one of the witnesses. Can the witness tell us whether the door was open or closed when the glass was broken? If the door was open, glass would be on the ground outside of the van regardless of how it was broken.

This was posted a while back, attributed to Gray Hughes

upload_2019-7-31_0-43-52.png

Another thing. Remember in the gas bar footage, LF was hauling on his boots when hopping out of the van. (We know they were recent gifts from CD and maybe not fully shaped in yet.) He was obviously comfortable with driving the van in his bare feet. When the bodies were found, we're told he was wearing no footwear while CD had managed to get just one shoe on (had she been suddenly awakened?) This is strangely bothersome. What scenario makes sense? Does the blown out rear window suggest a last ditch attempt to protect themselves? Does the position on the road suggest a failed effort by LF to pull out on to the road and escape attacker(s). MOO Eyewitnesses speak out about couple found dead on B.C. highway

I really hope this wanted guy from Texas is captured soon (given that he illegally entered Canada, he's unlikely to step up voluntarily) because if he's the one in the animated conversation with LF and CD it might be crucially important to find out how the "discussion" evolved from there.
Police Release More Photos Of Suspected Murderer - Steinbachonline.com

I think the odds of the wanted Texas guy being the person the witness spotted, is astronomically unlikely.

These poor people break down on the side of the road, and within hours, come in contact with murderers on two separate occasions?

“Bad luck” doesn’t begin to describe that.

Im way too consumed in all of this lol but as im trying to stay off my phone and get some much needed sleep (almost 1am) it dawns on me... if its true and K & B think this is a game - call off the hunt and let them rot in the bush

The glass was visible to one of the witnesses. Can the witness tell us whether the door was open or closed when the glass was broken? If the door was open, glass would be on the ground outside of the van regardless of how it was broken.

This was posted a while back, attributed to Gray Hughes

View attachment 195928

The back doors of the van we're closed the right side of the back door window was smashed. The side door of the van on the right passenger side were opened.

I really hope either LE gives us more details that prove KM and BS are the killers of the couple OR the Texas guy is captured because I am going on a Northern BC roadtrip myself in a few days. Ahhhh!
So long as you don't try for a selfie with a moose and don't pat the caribou and don't have the kids feed marshmallows to the bears, then everyone s.b A-OK. Might also be useful to keep an eye on the Alaska Highway bible The Milepost | Since 1949, The Bible of North Country Travel (Just gut-wrenching to get a glimpse of the amazing adventures L&C might have had together on that trip of a lifetime.)

So long as you don't try for a selfie with a moose and don't pat the caribou and don't have the kids feed marshmallows to the bears, then everyone s.b A-OK. Might also be useful to keep an eye on the Alaska Highway bible The Milepost | Since 1949, The Bible of North Country Travel (Just gut-wrenching to get a glimpse of the amazing adventures L&C might have had together on that trip of a lifetime.)

Well it would seem that l & c are on a trip of a lifetime.

But there is a lot of things of beauty to see on that Alaskan Highway.

You’ll be fine, this is so uncommon in this area, that’s part of the reason locals around here (Yukon/B.C.) are equally interested in and baffled by this case.

That brings up a question asked in the previous thread, if deaths on the AK Hwy were common. That’s a big NO! It’s extremely rare.

I swear people are extra fidgety around here though. I was driving down the AK Hwy looking for a lost dog the other day, driving slowly and maybe looking suspicious because I got a lot of weird looks. I might have freaked out the cyclist I slowed down to ask if he’d seen a dog wandering around. It’s definitely a bit tense.

Me too! Was looking for the owner of a stray dog the other day, I got weird looks. Be safe! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM