Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this explain the fact that Dad went to the effort to put quotes around the word "there" in his text message (which he showed to the camera).

Because he didn't know what location "there" is, or if they even had any specific destination in mind. All he knew is they were going to Alberta and, according to what he was told, they would be going from town to town looking for work.

Why would Bryer tell him anyway? He's obviously a loose cannon and could have upended their plans if told, just by letting a little too much slip. From what the media has reported, he is a drug user and has a delusional disorder. It would make no sense to tell him. Also, Bryer didn't even seem to be especially close to him, so that also makes no sense why he would tell him.

You would be able to recognize KM just by the mole on left side of his face above jawline. Quite dark and prominent.

Now that you mention it, I think I might have noticed it in the video but I’d forgotten. Has that important fact been included in the description of them given to the public?
He also has a smaller but still noticeable one on his right forehead, though his hair often seems to cover it. Like Lorelei, I'm surprised those distinguishing marks aren't mentioned in the descriptions of them. If so, I don't remember seeing them.

I spent some time thinking about their heights again last night, and I think I may have been overestimating KM's height at 2-3 inches shorter. Hard to know with undated photos, but he could legitimately be a good 4 inches shorter. As some have said on here, it couls be footwear, but BS sure does look tall and lanky in every picture I've seen.

MOO

Theory of the day...

They stop when they see the van with the intent of something little more vanilla, steal gas, raid van unaware of the occupants, the you know what hits the fan, things escalate BS pulls a gun (possibly unknown to KM) kills the couple!

Kam’s instincts take over to protect his Best buddy and the rest is a trail across Canada vanishing into thin air.

Only reason I struggle with this is in the video neither of them look banged up, cuts scratches or bruises.

If theft was the reason the two (allegedly) initially approached the van, once it was realized there were occupants inside most times the thieves simply flee. Attempted robberies aborted by the property owner’s presence are as common as dirt and it doesn’t result in murder in cities let alone when the closest town and police station is known to be hours away.

Even if some sort of altercation occurred I’m certain L and C would’ve readily sent the two on their way. That leaves either B or K or both who took it the next step toward intentionally killing the victims. Totally senseless. JMO

I believe if they had run him over accidentally but left the scene and didn't report it, that would be consider 2nd degree murder....maybe? That's me spewing a little. Definitely not a lawyer so I could be Very wrong.
No. You could be charged with Manslaughter if you "accidentally" ran over and killed someone.

RCMP didn't charge them with First Degree Murder because they probably didn't plan ahead to murder Leonard Dyck specifically.

They are facing Second Degree Murder charges, not theft of the vehicle.

He also has a smaller but still noticeable one on his right forehead, though his hair often seems to cover it. Like Lorelei, I'm surprised those distinguishing marks aren't mentioned in the descriptions of them. If so, I don't remember seeing them.

I spent some time thinking about their heights again last night, and I think I may have been overestimating KM's height at 2-3 inches shorter. Hard to know with undated photos, but he could legitimately be a good 4 inches shorter. As some have said on here, it couls be footwear, but BS sure does look tall and lanky in every picture I've seen.

MOO

Thank you Zella. I’ve been following this case since the beginning and it’s been really bothering me that we’re supposed to be on the lookout for these two based on a couple of photos or still shots from the video. I’ve been trying to find the description given by LE because I don’t remember reading about the mole, something that can’t be hidden unless he draws or glues on more facial hair. The question of his actual height really bothers me too. I’m going to Ontario’s cottage country tomorrow and I’m sure I’ll be looking for them everywhere I go. I think the LE should be putting more emphasis on their physical appearance.

Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the terrain in Northern Manitoba...but what's the chance that they got out of Gillam by small boat after they torched the RAV4? Looks as if they could've gone up the Nelson River to Nelson Port, then out across the Hudson Bay to any number of islands. But again, I don't know if that river is even passable by boat.

Point is that media will always chose the Nazi angle over the Communist angle, NOT because one is more easily identified with an ideology, but because Communist sympathies run rampant in the media business, and any association that any fugitive might have with Communism will be instantly suppressed. Even a hint of Nazism will be jumped on instantly however. FACT: Communism is responsible for over 100 million deaths in the 20th century...far more than Nazi ideology. Both are wicked, yet one always gets a pass by those on the left.

Bryer did chose to hit the like button on Facebook for the Young Communists group.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Funny...in all the chatter about the hardships of northern Manitoba like bears, wolves, rutting moose and swarms of flies, I don't think I have seen anything about cougars. Are they common in the Gillam area does anyone know?

Bears don't bother me...you make noise and they tend to run the other way before you even see them unless you threaten their young. Cougars, on the other hand, hunt you and are silent.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...if they're dying out there in the wilderness, it's unlikely that they'll both die at the same instant. My morbid imagination wonders just how committed both of them are to dying of starvation or other causes in the wilderness. Jumping into a river (Butch and Sundance style) would likely result in a joint death, but a lot of other causes would leave one of them alive.

Depending on which one it is (with my opinion being that BS is the more suicidal of the two), the other one may stagger out of the woods if he can. Being arrested and spending a long time in prison might seem preferable to further privation.

Just hoping for some kind of meaningful resolution for the families (and now, the people of Canada).

My guess is the admiration for two opposite fringe ideologies had more to do with the fighting and survival tactics historically used by those particular groups and the hate/killings caused by members of those groups, rather than the ideas of the groups.
And that strangely at odds teenage desire to both belong and to shock and seem edgy to others.

Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the terrain in Northern Manitoba...but what's the chance that they got out of Gillam by small boat after they torched the RAV4? Looks as if they could've gone up the Nelson River to Nelson Port, then out across the Hudson Bay to any number of islands. But again, I don't know if that river is even passable by boat.

The distance from Gillam to Hudson Bay via the Nelson River is about 145km/90 miles. The river is passable and you are going with the current. Hudson Bay is enormous and is part of the ocean. There are two relatively small communities on its west coast. Most of the islands are on the east coast.

Draw your own conclusions :)

the remarks made from the ex police officer were very spot on.
you can listen to it
via and IPN set to canada
Browsec VPN your Personal Privacy and Security Online

it is an extensions for chrome- add it- use it then ditch it
it is free and harmless
this is the link that worked for me
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radi...clip/15729637-july-30-the-manhunt-in-manitoba
the other links came up with a blocked icon
and i am canadian
also
maybe there is a transcript
Looking for a transcript, in the meantime other comments about this case from Michael Arntfield.. lengthy article.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killers-schmegelsky-mcleod-north-canada-1.5227088
Jul 27, 2019

"People are inevitably fascinated and frightened by what they don't understand, and I think it's the mystery and the question of why that people find so compelling," says Western University criminologist Michael Arntfield.

"The fact that these people could be targets — the randomness of it frightens everybody, and people are inevitably galvanized by that."
"Arntfield has followed the case along with the rest of the world. But he sees it through the lens of a man deeply schooled in the science and history of crime.

If the allegations against Schmegelsky and McLeod are true, Arntfield says they would find themselves in the company of the rarest of killers: couples who form a bond through killing.

kam-mcleod-bryer-schmegelsky.jpg
)
The relationship is not necessarily sexual as most people understand it, but it is intimate.

Arntfield says there have been about 120 similar cases in the U.S. and only three in Canada.

"There's people who kick around all kinds of vague ideas as to why these people do this. They're angry at the world, or their parents divorce," Arntfield says.

"In reality, there is an underlying paraphilia or psychological defect that drives this behaviour."

A 'homicidal bromance'?
The three Canadian "team killer" cases Arntfield points to are some of the country's most notorious crimes:

• Dellen Millard and Mark Smich, convicted of the first-degree murders of a complete stranger and a one-time lover.
  • Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, the killers of schoolgirls Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French.
  • William and Lila Young, the chiropractor and midwife couple who sold and killed infants at a Nova Scotia maternity home from the 1920s to 1940s in what has become known as the Butterbox Babies case.
"There is some sort of disordered bond or intimacy that gets created through the commission of violence," says Arntfield.

"The thought is that even friends or family members — while it may not be an overt sexual attraction to it, there is a disordered intimacy, in this case some kind of homicidal bromance that gets formed and galvanized with each killing."

It appears that the report of two suspicious males driving through a construction site has not been resolved yet:

Manhunt for B.C. murder suspects enters new chapter as Ontario police probe ‘suspicious’ car
Does anybody remember if they were deemed suspicious for a specific reason, or was it just because the witness thought they looked like the suspects? White is probably the most popular vehicle colour in recent years. Too bad it wasn’t something more distinctive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader