Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. That alone might flush them out.

So was the Ontario sighting false ?
My .02 is that they're getting help.

As someone else said yesterday, they might have genuinely gotten lost deep in that forest, and couldn't come out or surrender even if they wanted to now. I think that's definitely a possibility. I also think the theory that someone is aiding them is just as much of a possibility as anything else at this point. I don't think they're in Gillam, but they should've been spotted by now... They were spotted many times on their journey from BC to northern MB. They got their vehicle stuck in Alberta and someone had to come help them.. that doesn't seem too bright to go driving in a muddy field in an SUV when you're on the run and trying to lay low... they can't be that great of survivalists, can they? They can't be smart enough to elude military, police, sniffer dogs? That's why I don't think they're in Gillam. But where else would they be. It's like they just vanished after burning that RAV 4.
Just speculating.

The Slender Man thing is interesting because it was already related to another crime: Slender Man stabbing - Wikipedia

Based on the taxi driver's statement, if they are trying to get to Bird, then they are essentially trying to hop on the rail line north (Churchill, MB) or maybe it was a clever
call that redirects the LE efforts to locate them. Call and ask to go north, and then go south instead.

I'm starting to think someone is actively helping them[/QUOT
So that's really how kids in Canada tend to run around looking like? That kind of outfit is common at the mall up there? Seems odd to me. Someone mentioned as much and I'm not familiar with Canada so I have to take them at their word but it seems quite odd and I note the Canadian media seems to be highlighting his "look" as well, which indicates to me that it's not that common up there either.

I don't know. I really do think there were multiple, varied signs that these two had some issues and were more prone to murder than the average kid their age. I don't think the RCMP is likely to have gotten this wrong and that these are just two innocent kids caught up in something bigger than themselves.

Yes, but scrappinkat’s question was, I believe, whether a 24-hour ban is common. What is the goal of such a (relatively) short ban?

Or maybe I misunderstood the original question. Sorry.

What, exactly, did the ban apply to?

Yes, but scrappinkat’s question was, I believe, whether a 24-hour ban is common. What is the goal of such a (relatively) short ban?

Or maybe I misunderstood the original question. Sorry.

Sorry, I didn’t notice a 24 hour ban on the documents that were tweeted. By now the 24 hours would’ve passed and if the ban were not extended it’s virtually guaranteed reporters would be all over the court file the minute it was lifted.

So that's really how kids in Canada tend to run around looking like? That kind of outfit is common at the mall up there? Seems odd to me. Someone mentioned as much and I'm not familiar with Canada so I have to take them at their word but it seems quite odd and I note the Canadian media seems to be highlighting his "look" as well, which indicates to me that it's not that common up there either.

I don't know. I really do think there were multiple, varied signs that these two had some issues and were more prone to murder than the average kid their age. I don't think the RCMP is likely to have gotten this wrong and that these are just two innocent kids caught up in something bigger than themselves.

I find that camo or his overall look depends on location. While someone wearing camo would look kind of out of place in Toronto or Ottawa, but outside of big cities seeing people in camo is fairly normal. Camo is cheap in Toronto too, but aside from either pants OR jacket its rare to see someone in full gear in larger cities.

I'm not sure what to think anymore, Ontario sightings make sense if the suspects are moving in the province, you see them drive by, but alas, no 2nd witness or video is captured in that quick moment and the sighting cannot be confirmed.

They are either moving north (Churchill, MB) or got into Ontario and are driving as fast as they can.

Not in bigger cities, that's for sure.

As someone else said yesterday, they might have genuinely gotten lost deep in that forest, and couldn't come out or surrender even if they wanted to now. I think that's definitely a possibility. I also think the theory that someone is aiding them is just as much of a possibility as anything else at this point. I don't think they're in Gillam, but they should've been spotted by now... They were spotted many times on their journey from BC to northern MB. They got their vehicle stuck in Alberta and someone had to come help them.. that doesn't seem too bright to go driving in a muddy field in an SUV when you're on the run and trying to lay low... they can't be that great of survivalists, can they? They can't be smart enough to elude military, police, sniffer dogs? That's why I don't think they're in Gillam. But where else would they be. It's like they just vanished after burning that RAV 4.
Just speculating.

Here's an areal shot of muskeg south of Hudson Bay. Hundreds of miles in all directions of swamp, lakes and peat bog. Any thoughts on survival possibilities here?
Muskeg%202.jpg

Muskeg | The Canadian Encyclopedia

I’ve certainly never noticed young men running around looking as if they’re prepared for combat. That definitely would raise eyebrows and result in a flurry of 911 calls IMO. Photos like that are probably taken in the basements of their home to impress their peer group of international gaming friends. JMO.

It pertained to the court filing of the 2nd degree murder charges involving LD.

But what in the court file? Is there an article or something that talks about this ban?

As for bans on publication generally, they can be issued for a variety of reasons and for a variety of, or parts of, documents. Sometimes documents are sealed. Americans who have followed the charges arising from Robert Mueller’s inquiry will have noticed that some court documents have been sealed and unsealed at a later stage in the proceedings.

RCMP continue search for suspects in three B.C. slayings
"The teens have Facebook pages under their own names and both are linked to an account called “Illusive Gameing.” That username, complete with the misspelling, also shows up on YouTube, as well as video-game networks Twitch and Steam. The accounts share similar imagery and themes, including the Communist icon, far-right politics, sexualized Japanese anime and the survivalist video game Rust.
This photo was sent by an account, believed to be owned by Bryer Schmegelsky, to an online Steam user. The photos were reportedly sent in the fall of 2018 but the user said he stopped playing online games with Mr. Schmegelsky earlier this year after he continued to praise Hitler’s Germany.
"The banner image for the Illusive Gameing YouTube account features a modified Soviet flag, but its profile picture is the heraldic eagle of Hitler’s Germany. The page was active as of six months ago.

Steam accounts linked to Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod were last active a week before their pickup truck was found on fire on B.C.'s Highway 37.

A Steam user confirmed to The Globe and Mail that he talked to Mr. Schmegelsky regularly online. He recalled Mr. McLeod joining their chats as well.
m The Globe is not identifying, provided photos sent by an account believed to be owned by Mr. Schmegelsky, showing him in military fatigues, brandishing what appears to be an airsoft rifle – which fires plastic pellets. Another photo shows a swastika armband, and yet another features Mr. Schmegelsky in a gas mask. The photos were reportedly sent in the fall of 2018, but the user said he stopped playing online games with Mr. Schmegelsky earlier this year after he continued to praise Hitler’s Germany.

One account connected to the teens uses the logo of the Azov Battalion, a far-right Ukrainian militia that has been accused of harbouring sympathies to neo-Nazis. Another account claims to be located in Russia, near Moscow, and belongs to several groups for fans of sexualized Japanese animation. That account also used the heraldic eagle of the Nazis."
Damn that house looks like a dump.

Not to be critical of the excellent work of LE but if I ruled the investigation I think a lot of time and resources might have been saved, or at least lessened, by just putting a tap on the family's phones. If they are alive, one or other of those boys would sooner or later phone home for money, if nothing else. MOO Maybe they've done that. Who knows.

Last edited:
Here's an areal shot of muskeg south of Hudson Bay. Hundreds of miles in all directions of swamp, lakes and peat bog. Any thoughts on survival possibilities here?
Muskeg%202.jpg

Muskeg | The Canadian Encyclopedia

It can’t be an appealing place for a couple of fugitives, that’s for sure.

Your photo also illustrates why “winter roads” have been mentioned as well. When the temperature goes below freezing people can drive, quad or snowmobile over the frozen terrain. It’s muskeg in the summer.

Funny...in all the chatter about the hardships of northern Manitoba like bears, wolves, rutting moose and swarms of flies, I don't think I have seen anything about cougars. Are they common in the Gillam area does anyone know?

Bears don't bother me...you make noise and they tend to run the other way before you even see them unless you threaten their young. Cougars, on the other hand, hunt you and are silent.

They scare the heck out of me too.

Reminds me of that killer who was obsessed with Hilter, to the point his girlfriend would dress like Hilters woman too. The name is escaping me right now.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

So that's really how kids in Canada tend to run around looking like? That kind of outfit is common at the mall up there?

Wasn't the surveillance video footage at some kind of camping supply store or "general store" in a remote town? In that case it could have been mistaken for a hunting outfit (and I assume that's probably what the manufacturers of the outfit originally intended it for) and would be in any rural area in Canada or the US.

That's interesting because so many people have assumed Kam would be the leader for some reason.

I think the reason why some people believe he was the leader is because: a) Bryer doesn't have a driver's license and Kam does, and Kam was doing all the driving according to the confirmed sightings, b) in the surveillance footage, Kam was walking in front and seemed more confident looking straight ahead, while Bryer was more nervous and fidgety.

Just speculating.

I think the possibilities at this point are:

a) Still alive and in the northern Manitoba wilderness, with very few resources, living a survivalist existence. Which would be an amazing feat for two fairly sheltered teenagers to pull off (both evading detection and surviving this long) given what the police have said about how unforgiving the environment is -- and in which case, what is their long-term plan, especially when winter comes?

b) Escaped to another region of Canada without any help. Would be nearly impossible to do considering the police have been monitoring the roads, railways, etc. out since right after the RAV4 was found -- again would be very surprising if they did this.

c) Escaped somewhere else with help. In that case, who is helping them and why, how did the police not find any evidence of help (or did they and they're not releasing it?), etc. -- this doesn't really fit into Occam's razor of the general spree killer profile.

d) Died in the wilderness due to exposure, drowning, or any number of other causes (there were heavy freezing rains the day after they burned the RAV4 and the police said it would have been very difficult for them to endure). Possible and if so, high chance they will never be recovered.

e) Planned to commit suicide in the remote wilderness so they would never be found and nobody would know what happened to them, the most "cinematic" and attention-getting ending of all possible options as I mentioned, and therefore appealing to teen killers. Possible and if so, high chance they will never be recovered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a six foot four woman would get more head snaps than Bryer himself. LOL.

Yeah. I hope we aren't circling back to certain theories in this case that I really don't think apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader