Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this only works if they were just about out of fuel when they bought the $20 worth, which seems unlikely. When you're where fueling opportunities are few and far between, wouldn't you fill up at most opportunities? Of course invincible teenagers might push it to the limit, but considering the consequences to them if they are wrong... IMO MOO
I think that given that they are on the run, every fuel stop puts you at risk of being caught. So if it were me, I'd be filling the tank and driving until just about empty just to cut back on the number of stops.

I hope someone asks them about the burned keys they missed at the scene.

yeah, like what the H did they do at the burned out car? Just get in their own cars and start driving somewhere else?

Why would they now just find those and be starting there and tracking? This is so crazy! I am trying to have faith in them but finding it hard to believe their actions.

They don't need to. It sounds like they have very strong evidence for one and as long as they capture them they can take their time with other charges. There is zero need to file all.

I know people are starting to have doubts and are taking the lack of charges as some sort of sign that the RCMP jumped the gun, are inept, don't have the goods.

I don't see that at all.

And just because evidence is more definitive for one crime than another doesn't mean there's no evidence for the other or not enough to arrest for the other crime.

I agree with you very much so. Not that we know as much as the RCMP but us locals are certain it’s BS and KM. We know a little more than the media I would say (IMO) and nobody here is hung up on the bearded man, we know we are safe now. That’s really all I can say without saying much, I don’t want to add to anymore rumours. But I am quite confident the extent they have gone to with this entire manhunt, clearly they have the evidence they need to connect the crimes with the suspects on the run.

She's providing a great summary of everything they've done so far but still no confirmed sightings, scaling down search but will maintain a presence in the Gillam area from: press conference

Last edited:
From RCMP media relations:
-Update on C & B
-Condolences to family and friends of the victims
-RCMP has done everything they can to locate the suspects, 11,000 square KM in Northern Manitoba
-Searched every home and building - 500 homes
-Lakes, dense forest, dogs, ATV, boats, drones, helicopters, planes, infrared, advanced technology was used
-250 tips followed up on
-logged 1,000's of hours working 24/7
-not had ANY confirmed sightings since the burned vehicle was found
-RCMP will scale down the search efforts in Manitoba
-All assets will be withdrawn
-Not ending search, Gillam will continue to search
-All resources will be ready to respond, should new information come in
-Disappointing news to be sure
-Terrain is unforgiving and the weather is unpredictible
-Suspects could have had assistance in leaving the area
-Any info is needed urgently - please contact your local police
-Thank-you to all for their professionalism; proud of all of you
-Thanks to RCAF
-Search in Manitoba is being scaled down, and it is not over by any means
-They will not stop in this investigation until there is a resolution

(french version now following - question period to follow that)

I don't see why they would be dead already if they ran to the bush. There is plenty of fresh water, berries, they may even have backpacks with more food and supplies. It gets a bit cold at night, but make a shelter and they would be fine. They may even have emergency blankets with them... who knows.

Because despite accounts of them spending a lot of time running around playing war games in the forest, there's zero to suggest they have actual wildnerness survival training.

They haven't surfaced in about 10 days.

I am not familiar with Canada and don't know if it's a garden of eden just brimming with endless berry bushes in the forest but if it's not, that might not be so easy to find and if it is, there's likely dangerous wildlife around.

The insects alone are enough to drive a human mad after a couple nights out there from what people have said. Yet they still haven't surfaced.

It's bear mating season? And thus probably not the safest time to be traipsing around or camping in the bush.

Ok...I am getting really confused now. When did the story change about the alcohol checkpoint and the observation of a box with maps and other things? Now, it appears there were no maps.

In that pic of Kam linked on a previous page of the thread...he certainly appears to be a nice young man, incapable of participating in three murders. (I am familiar enough with the subject of murder to know you can't always go by appearances). I just can't wrap my head around the fact that these two teenagers did all the horrible things they are being accused of.

WHERE ARE THEY????

Somebody told reporters that Saunders, who conducted the checkpoint stop, saw survival gear and maps. Saunders himself subsequently clarified that he did not see those things.

And there's clues that point to disturbance when it comes to these two. Family dysfunction. A parent with thoughts of revenge or paranoia and a criminal record.

Long hours by themselves playing "wilderness" games not related to an established activity like hunting, which is purposeful and can be social, and hours and hours watching YouTube and playing video games, both of which can appeal to anti-social types and make them less able to learn to cope with the real world

The parents mental health or family dysfunction isn’t a proven marker of who a child will grow up to be, or what they are capable of.

“Long hours playing wilderness games”. More commonly called camping?? Perhaps the established activity they were participating in was sitting around the campfire being lazy and enjoying the great outdoors.

Video games can be a very social activity. Many games demand social interaction to progress in the games. Granted it’s a different type of social interaction than face to face that some people know but make no mistake gaming has become more social than it ever was.

Personally it sounds as if the police believed they had found enough of a connection between the double homocide and Bryer/Kam. This led police to call them suspects, saying charges would be laid soon when paperwork was complete. In the meantime there’s been ample time to finish up the paperwork and get crowns approval for charges, but it hasn’t happened. Why? Maybe crown said no sorry we don’t see enough evidence to charge them for Fowler/Deese. The police aren’t really required to tell the public if they can’t/don’t get charges approved, as they can defend that by saying they were combing through additional evidence that they believed linked them.
The first crime scene likely will require forensic testing. They have spent rounds and probably fingerprints, but unless the two have been arrested before, they wouldn't be able to match those prints to anyone. At the second scene they likely have the same spent rounds, matching fingerprints AND their vehicle, which would tie them to the scene. But until the match prints to the pair, there is always an element of doubt. They don't need to rush charges as they already have enough to arrest and hold them.

I think this only works if they were just about out of fuel when they bought the $20 worth, which seems unlikely. When you're where fueling opportunities are few and far between, wouldn't you fill up at most opportunities? Of course invincible teenagers might push it to the limit, but considering the consequences to them if they are wrong... IMO MOO
The tank in a RAV4 holds 55L and with the fuel efficiency of 8L/100km they would have been able to travel almost 700 km - so why didn't they? Why did they stop driving after about 200 km or $20 worth of gas? They only had received two paycheques each from Walmart and they already blew away half of that on gas by this time, driving thousands of kms, plus BS bought a suit and they had to have bought food and other supplies...I think they were close to running out of cash.

As a side note - it was printed on some outlets in Ontario that the OPP in Barrie had released information on Monday night, around the same time as the garbage dump sighting, that the killers could be in Ontario. It was just coming across the wire, when the dump info broke. I will dig up the link to the article. I thought it must have been moot with the garbage sighting news, it literally broke at the same time.

Not sure if you guys are aware of this? I cannot keep up with threads.

Per the PC : We've used every resource and threw everything we had in this search, but have found no sign of the suspects. paraphrased by me. IMO, this means they are dead. Is it possible that they came to their senses after torching the RAV4 and knew it was hopeless to continue?

The first crime scene likely will require forensic testing. They have spent rounds and probably fingerprints, but unless the two have been arrested before, they wouldn't be able to match those prints to anyone. At the second scene they likely have the same spent rounds, matching fingerprints AND their vehicle, which would tie them to the scene. But until the match prints to the pair, there is always an element of doubt. They don't need to rush charges as they already have enough to arrest and hold them.

They could see if the finger prints (if any) are found are a match to the finger prints in their homes? The crown prosecution probably doesn't see a point in charging them if "basic" evidence isn't found. Nothing suggests that the two killed LF CD except for the fact that they were in the area. Kind of surprised we didn't hear any more information regarding the bearded man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy