Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

I am not a boater and do not know much about boats but I am wondering if the type of vessel located would be registered in any way? Is there any method available to tie this boat to a potential owner?
You wouldn't register a rowboat with Transport Canada, no, because the cost and inconvenience would far outweigh the benefits. I'd expect the boat would have a serial number somewhere though.

I see that they the tracking dogs did not pick up their scent in York Landing & that is why the RCMP abandoned that area. Since LE is sticking with the Gillam area, I suspect that the dogs picked up their scent. If they took a boat, the dogs would lose their scent at that point I tend to believe the RCMP brought in the special dive team because they strongly suspect that they may have had access to water transportation.

they likely no longer have the capacity for logical decision making. They are probably experiencing erratic emotional swings and feel like lying down and dying at least daily.

And, remember, they're teenagers (with a history of emotional issues), so they probably felt like that even under normal circumstances too.

They were flying high on adrenaline at one point, but that feeling and the energy that goes along with it is not sustainable. I believe that the constables that pulled them over from the check stop noted that they seemed scared. I can only imagine that, even if prepared to some extent, this long in the bush has them beyond scared - perhaps apathetic as to what happens next. Unable to concentrate and make appropriate decisions leads to major mistakes and possibly life-threatening bad choices. This is why I think it’s not crazy that they would think about taking a row boat on the Nelson River (insane!). That or another poorly thought out decision has / will lead to their demise.

Yeah, if they were that scared before they even got into the wilderness (the guy who helped them out of the mud said they seemed nervous too), how scared would they be in the wilderness, in a totally unfamiliar environment, thousands of miles from everything they have ever known, with no chance of help and every alternative option even worse than that?

However I still think it's unlikely the RCMP wouldn't have found them or any trace of them if they were alive in the area for several days and only decided to take the rowboat recently.

It's a video game. NOTHING in that game will "prepare" them for what they are actually facing. Ive played Rust, Ark & Conan. All 3 are survival games. And at no point do I or did I feel like im now better off to survive in the wilderness. JMO. Its a nice thought, but in reality holds zero weight.
I think the point was they THOUGHT it would prepare them for a real life “adventure”. Because they are delusional. You likely have a better grasp on reality and understand the difference between a game and real life.

Hi all! I have skipped some posts since I am sneaking a peek in here while camping with family this weekend lol I don't know if this has been mentioned, but very early on, there was an interview with an Outfitter that lived near Gillam (via Skype) and he said there were boats everywhere around there, but if they got on the Nelson River there is no way they would make it through the rapids. So this leads me to a few thoughts.... there are boats everywhere, so they maybe had easy access, but in relation to where the RAV4 was found, does this make sense? They set it on fire and hop in a row boat? Or there are boats all over the place and one just happened to stray away? There were very high winds there last week. And if there are a lot of abandoned boats around the area, we may not have someone come forward and say 'hey that's my boat', which is probably the same reason why we haven't heard of someone claiming to have a missing boat as well. I will have a look and see if I can find the article or news clip that had the guy on, wish I could remember what station or the guys name!

Well, took time out yesterday to build a fence and see I missed something exciting...or new at least.

For a sense of the Nelson River, check out this CBC footage of pro white water kayakers. It’s from further south near Norway House I believe, but if Manitoba is anything like Alberta this summer, there has been non-stop rain for weeks and all the rivers and lakes are very high right now.

Imagine running something along these lines in a rowboat.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3787869

Post #180, this thread, an article posted by Seattle1, mention of water bottle is about midway through the article.
The article mentions a red and white water jug. I immediately envision a Coleman jug, they come in various size and are used for car camping/boating because they're highly durable but heavy to carry. ETA Not sure how this would stay with the boat, if it had overturned.

download.jpeg

I'm surprised the RMCP haven't released photos of the boat in attempt to identify it's owner and it's last known location. Perhaps they haven't asked for the public's help on this as they already know the answer?
They could be asking residents. There's not a big need to ask the media when it's such a small community.

It's a video game. NOTHING in that game will "prepare" them for what they are actually facing. Ive played Rust, Ark & Conan. All 3 are survival games. And at no point do I or did I feel like im now better off to survive in the wilderness. JMO. Its a nice thought, but in reality holds zero weight.
Not to mention, there are plenty of people interested in survival skills, who learn about them in both real-life and virtual scenarios, who are not doing so as a part of any criminal plan.

I find the topic of self-reliance (at both the individual and community scales) fascinating and have read many such stories and in some aspects this shapes my day-to-day life. Yet I am not a murderer and probably couldn't kill even in self-defense (and hope I never have to find out).

I do think their interest in survival games tells us something about them, in context with what's happened, but I don't anything can be extrapolated out to everyone who plays survival games.

The article mentions a red and white water jug. I immediately envision a Coleman jug, they come in various size and are used for car camping/boating because they're highly durable but heavy to carry. ETA Not sure how this would stay with the boat, if it had overturned.

View attachment 196748
Adding to my own post, calling it a jug is relevant, people don't normally drink directly from the jug, they pour from the jug into another vessel: so no DNA.

View attachment 196748

We had a similar jug in our runabout when I was a kid (grew up on a lake). We used to tie it to a length of rope to one to the boat stanchions by its integrated carry handle (plastic hinged loop at the top). Then we could fill it with fresh water for drinking or use it as a bailer -- either way it was secure in rough weather. And it floats if it gets loose, with decently high visibility. Maybe this one was similarly connected, or followed the path of the boat via currents or wake to the shore or reef.

ok found the clip I was thinking of... at about 5:50 of the video, he talks about the Nelson River. He owns Nelson River Adventures.

So this guy says the rapids are 8 miles down from where the boat was found. So doesn’t sound like they may have went through the rapids at all? Maybe they jumped out and left boat?

I really can't see them using a boat. In my mind it would be like holding a massive neon sign..

I had that thought as well. You would be wide open, exposed, anybody along the river could spot you and if you heard a helicopter or other aircraft coming there wouldn't be much you could do about it. It would be incredibly foolish.

However, maybe not as much at night. I could see them going for it at night. It would still be foolish, but it's possible.

I just don't see where else they would be. It just seems very unlikely to me that these two would be able to completely avoid all detection for almost 2 weeks. They need food and they need water. And if they try to travel they're going to be spotted. So ending up dead in the river certainly provides a logical explanation for the current state of the manhunt.

I will say also that I do not believe they think the game Rust has prepared them for real world survival. The game may show their proclivities, but no gamer is going to think that tapping a button would prepare them for real world survival. I just don't see it.

View attachment 196748
The water jug is interesting IMO, b/c it doesn’t say if it was found IN the boat or NEXT TO the boat. If it were clipped on maybe? If not and it was in it, I would think that boat had not recently been in any big time rapids. If it was found next to the boat, it could indicate they left it there on foot? IF it was even them in the boat.

Kind of a dumb question but going to ask it anyway, let's say a bear ate them, after the bears body decomposed would they be able to find the bones of these two? Or if a bear ate them then there's no way there body will ever be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee