Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link and on the topic of contradictory information, this map indicates the RAV4 was found after authorities released information that the suspects may be in the Gillam area, both occurring on July 23rd.

View attachment 197029
The timeline on that picture is incorrect. The RAV4 was located in Gillam on July 22, the information was released to the public on July 24 which is also when it was announced they were suspects and not missing persons.
RCMP in British Columbia - Charges laid in connection with Dease Lake homicide investigation as the search continues for the two suspects

From your link and on the topic of contradictory information, this map indicates the RAV4 was found after authorities released information that the suspects may be in the Gillam area, both occurring on July 23rd.

View attachment 197029

It’s reliably established the Rav4 was found newly engulfed in flames on Monday, July 22, 7 pm. IIRC.

"McLeod was pictured in a graduation supplement published in the July 4, 2018, edition of the Alberni Valley News. It listed him as having graduated from the Eighth Avenue Learning Centre, which provides an alternative and more individualized learning model."

If you ‘inadvertently’ helped two suspected killers escape, please come forward, RCMP urge

So he graduated a year ago?

Also some more information that I haven't seen reported elsewhere:

A former co-worker of Sweeney, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the Post Friday that Sweeney often talked about her son at work. He had behavioural issues and she tried to give him everything he wanted, including video games, to the point of spoiling him, the former co-worker said.

But the relationship was rocky. “I recall her saying a couple of times that she was afraid of him because of his outbursts,” the former co-worker said. The boy eventually ran away from home and moved in with his grandmother.
[....]
One online gamer told the Post this week Schmegelsky had an “aggressive play style” and that Schmegelsky would target a player and harass them until they were forced to leave the game, finding out whatever he could about them that could be used as harassment.

The user also said Schmegelsky “spoke highly” of the Azov Battalion, a far-right Ukrainian group whose logo resembles a swastika.
[....]
Ozren Nemec, owner of the NanaTech technology store in Port Alberni, confirmed Friday that McLeod had attended some computer gaming events — or LAN parties — that he had helped to organize in recent years.

“He seemed to be a good, down to earth young man, with great potential ahead of him, and seemed well accepted by his peers,” Nemec said.

“Our gaming community is in shock right now,” he said, adding that he feared that the pair’s alleged actions would put a “black mark” on the gaming community.

I'm a bit confused by Bryer's grandmothers comments. It could just be that she was confused because of everything going on, or it's possible they were lying to her (which wouldn't be surprising since Bryer seemed to tell his grandmother and father different stories as to where they were going).

Bryer and Kam left July 12th. Bryer's grandmother said they arrived at Whitehorse a few days later, then left when it wasn't what they thought it would be and she had no idea where they planned to go next. Yet she also said the last time she had been in touch with her grandson was July 13th or 14th.

It would take them about 35 hours to drive to Whitehorse from Port Alberni if they went through the canyon. It would take maybe 40 hours if they take the ferry from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert. (Times were estimated from mapquest so they may be off. Ferry times also depend on weather and how busy they are). If they left early in the morning they might make it by the 13th, but that would mean she spoke to them either the following day or the day after. It really doesn't seem like they went up there and if they did they didn't seem to try very hard, or at all, to look for work.

It just makes me wonder even more what they heck they were up to. I'm guessing Bryer lied to grandma, but why? This whole thing is so bizarre.

RCMP not ruling out link between missing Vancouver Island teens, body found near truck, double slaying

There's an old saying in PR that you can only control what you say, and not what other people do with what you say.

So how do you get from this (below) to "the search has moved to Ontario"?

Greater Sudbury Police also confirm they have received reports of the suspects in the area but say none have been confirmed.

"We are aware of misinformation related to the murder suspects via social media and ask the public to refrain from spreading rumours," police posted on Twitter.

"Any confirmed sightings will be shared through GSPS social media sites. We urge the community to rely on the GSPS social media/website as their trusted source of info. Should any sighting be confirmed, we will issue a community notification immediately."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/misinformation-suspect-search-1.5234379

The timeline on that picture is incorrect. The RAV4 was located in Gillam on July 22, the information was released to the public on July 24 which is also when it was announced they were suspects and not missing persons.
RCMP in British Columbia - Charges laid in connection with Dease Lake homicide investigation as the search continues for the two suspects

Yes my intention was to point out all the various timelines being circulated including various contradictions. Yet we rely on the media for accurate information. Oh well.

However it indeed was July 23rd when the “wanted suspects” news broke after the sighting in Meadow Lake.
Armed and dangerous B.C. murder suspects spotted in Meadow Lake: RCMP

On that same date, July 23rd, there’s several other media reports indicating the suspects were already believed to be northern Manitoba as well but also from the above link -

“A pair of young men wanted by police in three murders in northern British Columbia travelled through northern Saskatchewan and may recently have been in northern Manitoba, say RCMP.”

Apologies if this has been discussed already somewhere, I'm still catching up on some of the details ...

Has there been any information released that actually connects KM and BS to the murders of LF and CD? Is there something that puts them at that murder scene? I assume that they have been formally charged with the murder of Mr. Dyck because they were driving his vehicle so there is clearly a connection; they are still 'suspects' in the LF /CD murder because a link between them and that crime is not as clear. I am not 100% convinced that they were involved in that crime. Has the 'person of interest' that was seen speaking to (arguing with?) Mr. Fowler ever been identified and/or located?

None. First we heard that there were 2 murders, 4 days later a burned truck and another murder. Police were initially unable to connect them. All of a sudden, the drivers of the burned truck were suspects and connected to all three murders. I'm guessing that all three victims were killed with the same gun.

There's no clear information that the Rav4 belonged to the professor, but the timing is such that the Rav4 was found, and then the professor was identified. I'm again guessing that the professor is the registered owner of the Rav4, and I agree that this connection was enough to charge the suspect with 2nd degree murder.

The person who was seen talking to the couple at 11:30PM on July 14 was about the same height as 6'3" Lucas Fowler, he had a beard, Caucasian and darker skin (tan). It sounds like there's a good chance that the witness saw Kam talking to the first two victims.

View attachment 197029

I posted a link a while back and I'm sure that the Rav4 was burning on July 22, RCMP confirmed that it was connected to the murders on July 23. On July 21 the suspects were seen in Meadow Lake driving the Rav4 and, going from memory, that was around the time that their status was changed from missing to suspects. I haven't been able to find the exact date that their status changed. I only know that as soon as they were seen with the Rav4, they were suspects.

The person who was seen talking to the couple at 11:30PM on July 14 was about the same height as 6'3" Lucas Fowler, he had a beard, Caucasian and darker skin (tan). It sounds like there's a good chance that the witness saw Kam talking to the first two victims.
That man's vehicle was reported to be a grey older model Jeep Cherokee with stripes on the hood.

I posted a link a while back and I'm sure that the Rav4 was burning on July 22, RCMP confirmed that it was connected to the murders on July 23. On July 21 the suspects were seen in Meadow Lake driving the Rav4 and, going from memory, that was around the time that their status was changed from missing to suspects. I haven't been able to find the exact date that their status changed. I only know that as soon as they were seen with the Rav4, they were suspects.
They were named suspects on July 23rd, according to The Vancouver Sun

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/northern-b-c-homicides-timeline-of-what-we-know-so-far

Yes my intention was to point out all the various timelines being circulated including various contradictions. Yet we rely on the media for accurate information. Oh well.

However it indeed was July 23rd when the “wanted suspects” news broke after the sighting in Meadow Lake.
Armed and dangerous B.C. murder suspects spotted in Meadow Lake: RCMP

On that same date, July 23rd, there’s several other media reports indicating the suspects were already believed to be northern Manitoba as well but also from the above link -

“A pair of young men wanted by police in three murders in northern British Columbia travelled through northern Saskatchewan and may recently have been in northern Manitoba, say RCMP.”

You are correct, they were declared suspects on July 23rd. My bad.
RCMP in British Columbia - Police request the public's assistance in locating the suspects connected to Northern BC investigations

Bottom line is that the Ontario tips / sightings could not be confirmed, York Landing could not be confirmed, the last known location is the burned vehicle and then poof - nothing. That means we wait until there is something.

I cannot recollect right now but were KM & BS actually seen at the sight of the burning Rav 4?

I am still wondering if someone else drove the Rav 4 to Gillam for them?
I think the last sighting was Split Lake at 4pm July 22nd, could they have "split" from there...pun intended. :)

Are you sure that the rail line is only a few hundred metres from the RAV4 burn site?

I'm not. When the Rav4 was placed at Fox Lake Cree Nation it was next to the train tracks. Today we sorted out that the Rav4 was most likely near Sundance, so it's a bit of a hike to the train tracks.

I'm not. When the Rav4 was placed at Fox Lake Cree Nation it was next to the train tracks. Today we sorted out that the Rav4 was most likely near Sundance, so it's a bit of a hike to the train tracks.

It’s one mile from the main road to the rail line. An earlier post quoted the man who found the car said & photographed the flames nearly reached the power lines, putting it closer to the tracks than the road.

Attachments

• FDA444F8-5E9B-4469-AD54-39811E88CFD1.png
    FDA444F8-5E9B-4469-AD54-39811E88CFD1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
That man's vehicle was reported to be a grey older model Jeep Cherokee with stripes on the hood.

It was 11:30 at night, dark, she was driving by and did not like what she saw in terms of body language between the three, so she kept on driving. It would not surprise me if she made mistakes about the vehicle details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801