Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the First Nations couple with the two babes who were stopped by the RCMP yesterday (I posted the video) hadn't even heard about these guys, hitching a ride now seems more likely.

Good point! Not everyone is plugged in to news, media and the internet world 24/7. I admit, I'm terrible at following current events/news and I get cringe worthy looks when some people ask me about big news I know nothing about lol

I've been to the north many times to visit a good friend in Yellowknife and there are some interesting characters with interesting stories in that town. Wasn't meant as a slight against anyone, was just an observation that different regions of the country do have very different cultures and if you haven't been there you might not realize. I've never been to the city of Whitehorse so perhaps my observation is off the mark there and I apologize if that's the case.

And I'm guessing that the higher-paying jobs in Yukon would still require higher qualifications than a couple of Walmart stock boys would have.
No worries. Now... Yellowknife! That’s a different beast haha

They could definitely get good paying jobs here with minimal skills. Employers are desperate for workers, which is probably why they were headed up here in the first place.

Aussie press does not have a presence here, have not sent people here, so it is ok for them to publish any third-hand or social media gossip because they won't put the resources into decent (quality, moral) reporting? It is never ok to publish unverified information. The behaviour of the Aussie press is abhorrent.

This is totally incorrect. Alexis Daish, an Australian, covered this story from Canada from July 19. She left Gillam on Aug. 2 along with most of the other journalists. IMO she did a fantastic job and there is nothing abhorrent about what she reported.

Alexis Daish (@LexiDaish) | Twitter

Alexis is an award winning journalist and was producing stories for senior journalists before making the transition to Nine News in 2012. She is currently based in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
things, at least before this situation, seem a bit lax up north, so would it have been impossible for them to slip into a large truck or van without the driver noticing? maybe a driver stops for gas and a coffee/ bathroom break and they squish in behind a few boxes in a box truck or a delivery van? risky when they need to get out later, but, just an idea, IMO.

That is an interesting thought indeed. I wouldn't put it past them to sneak onto a vehicle. It might be easier than we think.

SBM

Not gonna lie, I actually started giggling when I first read about the porkchops because it struck me as such an oddly impractical thing to eat in a vehicle while driving cross-country. Not only because you'd need a place to cook them, but they just seem kind of messy to eat in a car. Just seems like a lot of other foods would be way more convenient.
They likely had a propane stove (propane bottles found at RAV4), so they must have been able to cook them. But yeah weird road food for sure.

Manitoba region remains focus of search for B.C. fugitives

BO3OEIMKQFDDPJKMPDADUKRUVI.JPG

A manhunt for two young men wanted in the killings of three people in B.C. remains fixated on a remote region of Northern Manitoba, where a torched SUV was found two weeks ago and more recently, a wrecked aluminum rowboat.

As anxiety lingers among area residents, Manitoba RCMP were tight-lipped about their search efforts on Monday, blocking vehicles and the media from passing north on provincial road 290 near Sundance Creek for part of the day.

A severely damaged rowboat was spotted on Friday along the shore of the Nelson River during a helicopter search, prompting Inspector Leon Fiedler, the incident commander, to call in the RCMP’s dive team from Winnipeg. It’s not known whether the boat was used by the wanted men, Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod.

The dive team searched underwater on Sunday for about an hour. On Monday, Manitoba RCMP spokesman Robert Cyrenne said the team had completed its work and would not be doing any further dives, adding that there had been “no significant developments overnight” in the case.

Mr. Cyrenne said a police roadblock had been erected to allow officers to conduct additional searches in the area. Yet on previous days, when officers combed through the same dense woods and shoreline, the road had not been blocked. The RCMP did not provide further information Monday.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
There is no police communications person on the ground in Gillam for the manhunt, which makes obtaining information on the search challenging at times for the media here. The incident commanders have been generous with their time, but they're also very busy #Canadamanhunt

3:57 PM - 5 Aug 2019

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
Manitoba RCMP are not releasing further details about today's search. Police information from communications dept in Winnipeg has been limited these past two days. @meltait and I will let you know what we see on the ground tomorrow #Canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

3:51 PM - 5 Aug 2019

May have been Mr Dyck's pork chops for his camping trip and they were still in the vehicle when they took it...

That's what I think too.

Many tourists travel in the north with a propane stove and small disposable propane bottles. That way they can pull over, cook a meal and enjoy the view whenever they want to. That's part of the appeal of traveling to the Yukon or Alaska. Besides that, restaurants aren't always available when you get hungry.

Leonard Dyck was a seasoned traveler to that area. He'd likely carry a stove and a cooler with some food.

KM and BS are not so likely to be packing a stove and propane bottles and filling their cooler with pork chops and tins of sardines...JMO

That's what I think too.

Many tourists travel in the north with a propane stove and small disposable propane bottles. That way they can pull over, cook a meal and enjoy the view whenever they want to. That's part of the appeal of traveling to the Yukon or Alaska. Besides that, restaurants aren't always available when you get hungry.

Leonard Dyck was a seasoned traveler to that area. He'd likely carry a stove and a cooler with some food.

KM and BS are not so likely to be packing a stove and propane bottles and filling their cooler with pork chops and tins of sardines...JMO

When I'm in remote areas, including far north BC, I definitely carry a small propane stove. I also carry a cooler with sandwiches, soft drinks, and iced coffee. I've had to sleep in my SUV several times (I prefer to pull over and sleep rather than drive tired). The distances are immense, it's part of the wonder of the place.

But yup, a camp stove is definitely on my pack list. I did, however, stop using it in bear country if I'm staying overnight. I had a rather unbearable experience; a medium sized black bear snuffling around my SUV at 3am, after I'd cooked a burger for dinner.
I hit the road that morning at 3:01 AM. (I occasionally get black bears at my house, but getting woken by one at 3am in the middle of nowhere is a bit more jarring).

I can certainly see how a camp stove would have added appeal to two guys trying to avoid being seen. I also think it's something they would have been inclined to take along had they been heading off into the wilderness on foot or by boat.

I agree that the contents likely belonged to Mr. Dyck. I don’t think the boys would have brought pork chops and sardines on their journey. I think they belonged to poor Mr. Dyck and it’s these little details and insight into the victims’ lives that just makes my heart break. They were all just enjoying life and then it ended so senselessly.
I've never been so emotionally affected by a case as I have by this one. I feel heartbroken for the victims families and every time I read a tribute about them or read an interview by their families I get so upset. It may be because Lucas and Chynna remind me so much of my younger brother, who was also a keen traveller and free spirit. He would always work long hours to pay for his next trip and was literally living the dream as was said about the beautiful couple. We lost him almost ten years ago when when he was 26, while he was travelling in Bali, he was a big wave surfer and had previously been working and travelling around Australia for 18 months. He had just surprised us by booking a ticket home (UK) to spend Christmas with us but was tragically killed in a bike accident.

So many of the things said about Lucas and Chynna echo what was said about my brother. We heard from people who's lives he had touched from all over the world after he passed.

I can see the crushing grief on Mr Fowler and Mrs Deese's faces and it reminds me of my parents and how helpless I felt because there was nothing I could do to make them feel better and knowing our lives would never be the same again. I'm devastated for them and all their family and friends who have suffered such a huge, irreplaceable loss.

It's unimaginable to me that these 3 beautiful people were killed so senselessly by the side of the road, for what? I can't get my head around it. They were truly living life, it's just so so sad.

I hope this comes to a resolution soon, for the sake of the families, both of the victims and the killers, LE and the public. And most of all I hope Lucas, Chynna and Leonard will be remembered for loving and living long after the noteriety of the killers has faded.

It's been confirmed by authorities that Lucas Fowler was the legal owner of the Chev van.

To my knowledge, we have no identifying information of the Rav4 including the legal owner and plate/tag number.

I know it's possible to search vehicle ownership in US using the plate/tag number, and I thought one could do the same in Canada. Perhaps not as there's been nothing published about owner of the truck/camper driven by the teens.

MOO.

Yes LC is confirmed the legal owner but it’s still unknown why the van was registered in Alberta as it’s not been said if he worked in the province previously.

In Canada registration records are public records and for example, a buyer can order a report however the VIN (serial #) is also required. Otherwise legislation involving privacy and confidentiality is far more stringent in Canada than the US.

Last edited:
Suspects in the deaths of Fowler and Deese.
Charged with second degree murder for Dyck.

this is a message board where we speculate and discuss and form opinions - we are not obligated to give them any benefit of doubt - we are not held by the same standard as the court system - therefore we can decide they are guilty if we want

I have been wondering about where the truck was registered ie Alta or bc and from whom they bought it from - had they had it for a long time etc

Port Alberni is ranked one of top 10 worst towns wrt crime

A lot of shady stuff going on there

Missing people - men

Drug trafficking

Some people talk about a serial killer in the area -Vancouver island

Do serial killers ever work as an organization? Or cult? IDK?? Could these two be part of something like that? People at scene described it as gruesome and not that of a first time murderer-

Maybe these two are part of something bigger amd have been witness to crimes like this already they could be well planned and have a lot of underground connections?

• I think knowing more back ground wrt the truck they had would help w this- who did they buy the truck from- did they just buy it or have they had it a while etc- maybe the truck was used in other crimes that would link them so they had to burn it?

[bbm]

who said that?

Seems odd to me that they would leave behind computer(s), which young men would likely have an attachment to, but take a suit with them. I know suits are easier to carry...but why bother? Unless they had a plan for the suit.

[bbm]

yep I wonder what the plan was

Last edited:
I always assumed they were part of some sort of MRE or something. It is a very random road trip food though. Also why only half eat them and then why leave the half-eaten remains in the car? I mean I guess if they were part of an MRE that could answer it because MREs are apparently disgusting.

what's a MRE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member