Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried reading everything but I was away this afternoon. Is it possible the boat has no connection? Or do we know for sure they were in the boat? The boat was found further down the river than their belongings and bodies correct? Does the river flow in the right direction for the boat to end up where it was if they capsized and crawled out of the river?

Do you have a link? I cannot see anything about this second conference. I am assuming it is the first one as this was 3:00 Manitoba time (but has now passed).

Sorry, I was just bumping somebody else's post and the link was in that post. Perhaps that was inaccurate and the original poster was not realizing the time change, and I would assume somebody ( or many!) now has answered this question is I am just trying to catch up on the threads. Sorry for the confusion

It is a second one it appears and live streaming at

B.C. murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, Kam McLeod believed to be dead

Last edited:
Ita.
And thank you for saying this.
If there's anything we can learn from these serial killers -- it's that some families need to spend time listening to their children, even adult ones.
Train them up right and to understand that there are consequences to murdering people.
Someone posted earlier about these same thoughts.

I'm pretty sure every 19-year-old on earth knows that there are consequences to murdering people. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Bonjour, bonsoir à mes frères et soeurs canadiens, un salut à la RCMP

A huge and permanent hat's off to the RCMP. They moved on in the certainty that time was on their side and not on the side of Kam and Bry, who's theft of other peoples time was lethal. Hat's off to the First Nation trackers, who's superb skills , priceless and irreplaceable are the stuff of legend, back at Nhulunby, up the Top End, the mob will be composing a song line about the Canadian trackers. It won't be forgotten or unheralded.

I swore I heard an expert say the elements would not kill them up there. Winter for sure but not summer time. So many here are saying possibly the elements. Wish I could hear another "expert" I do believe water/food could have been a part of their demise .. I think strongly at the end of the day it was suicide.

The only “expert” that I heard was Clint Sawchuk, who certainly wasn’t touting their odds of survival. The stories on the two German canoeists should have made it clear that the odds of surviving any length of time were slim to none. There were a couple of posters who disagreed, as recently as yesterday, but these are not “experts” and I don’t think that they understand hypothermia.

There will still be an investigation.

Definitely, I’m certain police will issue a final report revealing their findings. Just recently this occurred in Ontario involving the Greek Town mass shooting in Toronto, killing 2 and injuring 13. The perpetrator took his own life by suicide before police would’ve had an opportunity to arrest him.

There was free coffee and free WiFi. These killers bought a token gift and checked the news about their previous victims.

Then they decided to escape to Gillam in a better and faster vehicle. They were prepared to kill the driver, man or woman.
BBM

Agreed. Who else would be dead if they happened across the next innocent victim ?
They were not going to stop murdering people.

In real life, these 2 teenagers managed to survive in very hostile terrain, escaping major manhunt for... 3 weeks? I think real survivalists in this case is justified. JMO
We don’t know when they died.

It could have been the day they burned the RAV4.

It could have been yesterday.

The time of death has not been released and probably has not yet been determined. We will have to wait to hear what the Medical Examiner determines

Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried reading everything but I was away this afternoon. Is it possible the boat has no connection? Or do we know for sure they were in the boat? The boat was found further down the river than their belongings and bodies correct? Does the river flow in the right direction for the boat to end up where it was if they capsized and crawled out of the river?

Water flows from West to East, the Nelson River flows into the Hudson Bay. It is possible that the boat is not connected, although it is the boat that drew RCMP attention to search the area. It's unclear whether the boat was not there during initial aerial searches and then discovered during a second aerial search. These are the locations of everything we know so far.

Boat and belongings are downstream from the car.

upload_2019-8-7_16-0-25.png

So many unanswered questions! I really wonder how long they lived after the RAV4 burned. If they set fire to it, hopped in the boat, shoved off immediately, got overturned 8km downriver, staggered to shore (assuming they got pummeled by the rapids), staggered another km into the bush...Did they hear the sounds of the manhunt? Were they still operating under the determination to avoid capture at all costs--even their lives? Did one or both make it through the rainy night? What would they have said to each other?

The victims and families of the victims deserve justice. I feel that they got it--these fugitives were hated and hunted to the last minute of their lives, and their end was not a pleasant one. And, the families of these teens deserve closure. They too, have gotten that--rather than having to endure more days, weeks, years of wondering if their sons are alive, dead, hurt, hungry...All these hurting families, at least now their healing can begin.

What good can come out of this? Maybe, just maybe, it will cause one parent to try to do better by his or her child. Be there for them. Take an interest in them, their hobbies, their friends. Teach them to respect and love their own life, and the lives of all other beings. No, it will not prevent all events like this from happening--but it might make the difference for one lonely teen(s) teetering on the edge of making a very bad decision.
Emph. mine
Plural added

Yes, parents need to do better in many cases, and not just here at WS.
Who knows what difference could have been made ?
It's too late for two young men, now.

Sounds very much like they died within 24 hours, maybe much less, of ditching their vehicle.
My "guess" is much more recently or the find would have been scattered bones (sorry-too graphic) Did I read about some kind of birds circling an area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams