Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was suicide or murder/suicide, I hope they at least used the same gun as used in the BC murder, just so the victims families get some closure. My guess the items on the shore were their belongings that they had taken with them. I'm curious about what police found in their homes during the searches.

My heart breaks for these two's families. I can't imagine the hell they have been going through and now they have to bury their sons. I also worry about Kam's sister (I believe she is younger but not sure). School starts in a few weeks and kids can be so cruel sometimes. I really hope the community pulls together and supports them.
Again another dad cade of young people involved in horrific crimes.

Ashley Wadhwani‏ @ashwadhwani
More than 1,000 tips were received by investigators during the #Canadamanhunt from mid-July to today.

3:13 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

Police say that support is being given to the three victim’s family but also of the two Port Alberni fugitives. Investigation here in B.C. is still very much underway.

LIVE of conference will be posted here soon: https://www.facebook.com/BCNews/

2:52 PM - 7 Aug 2019

I asked earlier for details about how Dyck died, when he was killed (not when his body was found on July 19). Police could not provide details as charges had been laid.

2:50 PM - 7 Aug 2019

#BCRCMP to speak in 15 minutes about the #Canadamanhunt. There are many Qs still, including dating back to mid-July when Chynna Deese, Lucas Fowler and then Leonard Dyck were found dead.

EBZgFebUwAAoVUd.jpg

2:47 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

Q. What evidence exists to connect Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky to double homicide of Chynna Deese and Lucas Fowler? A: Significant evidence, but no details given today

3:20 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

Q: With 2 suspects dead can police shed possibly light on suspect? A: Gonna be extremely difficult for police to determine definitively a motive with suspects dead.

3:19 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

Q: Any chances these two men were connected to other killings? A. No, police confident no further risk to the public

3:21 PM - 7 Aug 2019

Q. Any evidence this was planned? A. Looking at outstanding tips, but no indication this was planned. Again, there are still outstanding tips (police have received more than 1,000)

3:22 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

Playing with this idea for a second, there were a couple of dams near where I grew up, and they would release water during rainy periods that caused a surge in the river below. They would post the release times beforehand, and we would all grab inner tubes or floaty things and float along on the surge.

I'm at work, so shouldn't even be looking here (but I can't pull myself away!), but does Manitoba Hydro post water release times if they do such things at say the Limestone converter station just upstream? Just a thought ...

the hydro web site shows release water levels- not sure if there is an actual posting of times some where. the surges can be dangerous to boats but not sure if the locals just know when to avoid them. I have seen bodies of water that have a visual and audible alarm, but this area of Manitoba is "way out there" and vast.

The PC - I like how he first emphasized contact and support to the families of the three victims, along with support to the Port Alberni families of the two.

It’s they who are ultimately the most important, who suffered a direct and heartbreaking loss of their loved ones.

It was confirmed the RAV4 belonged to Mr Dyck. But “out of respect to his family” the RCMP isn’t going to reveal the injuries inflicted. This must be the same as it is in Alberta, where family members of deceased victims must consent and due to confidentiality, have the right not to. I can’t blame them as at this point in time specific details about how he was murdered serve no worthwhile purpose in helping the family deal with their tragic loss.

I joined websleuths specifically to discuss this case. Ive enjoyed reading everyones ideas & theories, as well as showcasing my own. It was great having discussions & debates with all you intellectual people. Now that this case has come to a close, I wish you all a happy & safe rest of your summer. May we meet again in another thread :).

• Motive - difficult to know for sure
  • Still searching area where bodies were found
  • Leonard Dyck - out of respect for his family, RCMP will not release how he was killed
  • Still waiting for forensic evidence linking suspects to tourists
  • Significant evidence links suspects to both crime scenes together (3 victims)
  • Confident that there is no further risk to public
  • Confident that there are no other offences linked to the suspects
  • Autopsy will happen tomorrow
  • No other suspects in any of the murders
  • No indication the murders were targeted
  • Remained undetected for long time because they travelled on unpopulated, remote areas
  • took time to review video surveillance, so a balance between releasing information before and after verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo