Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined websleuths specifically to discuss this case. Ive enjoyed reading everyones ideas & theories, as well as showcasing my own. It was great having discussions & debates with all you intellectual people. Now that this case has come to a close, I wish you all a happy & safe rest of your summer. May we meet again in another thread :).

Same. Still waiting on the autopsy and hopefully some future information on motive but...I think it's time to get back to normal life. My productivity has tanked the past week and honestly this case has taken an emotional toll on me too. I may have gotten a little too obsessed with it, and I'm still not entirely sure why it so captivated my interest. I've never been anywhere near this obsessed with a case before.

Teenagers have a mind of their own, no matter how much love and attention their parents shower on them. In most cases, it is cruel to blame parents. In this particular case, not sure about KM but looks like BS didn't win the parents lottery.

Bryer came from a dysfunctional background but I do think he was still loved, even if his family didn't have the capacity to provide him with everything he needed. Plenty of people grow up without any love at all from their families and still don't end up harming others. Plenty of people have emotional disturbances and even struggle with violent impulses, and fight to overcome them and don't act on them. He may have had a crappy childhood but I think he had sufficient resources to choose between good and evil and he chose evil. He and Kam made the conscious choice to give in to their dark and murderous impulses instead of fighting them. JMO.

The only charge laid against these 2 guys was for the murder of Prof. Dyck? So did these 2 murder Mr. Fowler and Ms Deese or not and how? Who was the guy that was seen on the road talking with Fowler and Deese just before their deaths? RCMP say they DON'T know who he is. That guy I thought would have come forward to explain why he was conversing with Mr. Fowler from the middle of the road late at night. So there is still a "mystery man" out there? hmmm Jeep Cherokee was seen parked on the other side of the road in close proximity to the crime scene. All witnesses etc NEED to be accounted for, IMO

I swore I heard an expert say the elements would not kill them up there. Winter for sure but not summer time. So many here are saying possibly the elements. Wish I could hear another "expert" I do believe water/food could have been a part of their demise .. I think strongly at the end of the day it was suicide.
I seem to recall from my wilderness first aid courses that more people die of hypothermia at temperatures at around freezing or just above freezing than at extremely cold temperatures.

Honestly, they must have had 100s of pressers over time; why haven’t they prepared microphones for the audience questions? Argh.

Also, was the French-speaking officer using Québécois French? Her accent was unusual to me.
As soon as she started to speak I smiled. Yes very very québécois which is who she was speaking to ,,,, the people of La Belle Provence! No one would understand a word in Paris!

I hate this weird hangover feeling, when I am so invested in what's going on, and waiting for a resolution or an answer, refreshing all hours of the day and night, and now knowing that it's all over (and feeling happy that it is) but nothing is actually really answered or resolved. I can't even imagine how the families feel.

The only charge laid against these 2 guys was for the murder of Prof. Dyck? So did these 2 murder Mr. Fowler and Ms Deese or not and how? Who was the guy that was seen on the road talking with Fowler and Deese just before their deaths? RCMP say they DON'T know who he is. That guy I thought would have come forward to explain why he was conversing with Mr. Fowler from the middle of the road late at night. So there is still a "mystery man" out there? hmmm Jeep Cherokee was seen parked on the other side of the road in close proximity to the crime scene. All witnesses etc NEED to be accounted for, IMO

Yes, RCMP have confirmed that there is significant evidence connecting the three murders to the two suspects. The person who was with the murder victim at 11:30PM on the night they were murdered is probably the murderer - which explains why he did not come forward.

The BC RCMP press conference seemed to make it pretty clear that they believe KM and BS are responsible for Lucas and Chynna's deaths, but that they were still awaiting forensics that met the necessary burden required by the Crown to lay charges on those two deaths.

They did say they hadn't identified the man in the sketch, which was interesting as they were also adamant there were no other suspects. They also indicated there is no further risk to the public. Something missing there.

Interesting questions that I think many of us are also pondering. We'll probably get some answers with time, but not others.

Digital evidence includes everything relating to electronic data including CCTV forage, traffic cam tapes, cellphone pings, satellite imagery, etc. I think there was a whole string of digital evidence involved in the two being named suspects which supported the physical evidence as well, considering the high intensity of the manhunt.
Yes their cellphones may put them at both murder scenes at the right times.

I seem to recall from my wilderness first aid courses that more people die of hypothermia at temperatures at around freezing or just above freezing than at extremely cold temperatures.

And what I recall is victims of hypothermia don’t realize it and have a feeling of wanting to go to sleep.

From the Mayo Clinic -

Hypothermia - Symptoms
Shivering is likely the first thing you'll notice as the temperature starts to drop because it's your body's automatic defense against cold temperature — an attempt to warm itself.

Signs and symptoms of hypothermia include:

• Shivering
  • Slurred speech or mumbling
  • Slow, shallow breathing
  • Weak pulse
  • Clumsiness or lack of coordination
  • Drowsiness or very low energy
  • Confusion or memory loss
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Bright red, cold skin (in infants)
Someone with hypothermia usually isn't aware of his or her condition because the symptoms often begin gradually. Also, the confused thinking associated with hypothermia prevents self-awareness. The confused thinking can also lead to risk-taking behavior.
Hypothermia - Symptoms and causes

They are waiting for forensic evidence to be processed before charging them.

BBM

Good point--- Everyone is of the opinion that the deaths of Lucas and Chynna are due to this deceased pair.

If they find (and I'm assuming LE will) the guns used-- will ballistics tie the murders to them ?

I don't remember reading a post re. Lucas and Chynna being armed themselves; for protection ?
If L.and C. were, that's not a bad idea for traveling -- for their own safety.

Last edited:
As soon as she started to speak I smiled. Yes very very québécois which is who she was speaking to ,,,, the people of La Belle Provence! No one would understand a word in Paris!
Well, I am glad you posted this as I learned French while at school in the UK and I could barely understand a word here. Very much more twangy too :)

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...elgsky-found-dead-police-20190808-p52eyv.html

Manitoba RCMP commanding officer Jane MacLatchy said: "At this time, we are confident that these are the bodies of the two suspects wanted in connection with the homicides in British Columbia.

"An autopsy is being scheduled in Winnipeg to confirm their identities and to determine their cause of death."

The RCMP said on Twitter: "The search is over."

Water works in mysterious ways (well there is a science to it) so it wouldn’t surprise me if they made an attempt in the boat, it capsized, they made it to shore, the boat and belongings ended up underwater in a rapid and only got spat out days later. It’s all speculation at this stage anyway.

We don’t know, and probably won’t for a while, if they died 2 weeks ago or 12 hours ago.

Having personally stood in the ashes of the RAV4 and walked around the vicinity of Sundance both during police searches and alone while piecing things together it’s very eerie to think they may have been alive lurking in the bushes nearby.
I doubt they stuck around that RAV4 long. When were you at the burn site? Still freaky not knowing where they were and how close they could be!

Same. Still waiting on the autopsy and hopefully some future information on motive but...I think it's time to get back to normal life. My productivity has tanked the past week and honestly this case has taken an emotional toll on me too. I may have gotten a little too obsessed with it, and I'm still not entirely sure why it so captivated my interest. I've never been anywhere near this obsessed with a case before.
SBM BBM

Glad I am not the only one! I also joined Websleuths because of this case, it is far better than trying to discuss things on the comments section on CBC! In real life I have also started to pay more attention to my surroundings, things I see and hear. Not in a suspicious, paranoid way but more of a wise to the world, be a good citizen kind of way. I've also learned to open my mind to other people's ideas and listen before I form an opinion.

I will be following this one as more information comes out and following other cases on WS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir