Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Good point--- Everyone is of the opinion that the deaths of Lucas and Chynna are this deceased pair.

If they find (and I'm assuming LE will) the guns used-- will ballistics tie the murders to them ?

I don't remember reading a post re. Lucas and Chynna being armed themselves; for protection ?
If L.and C. were, that's not a bad idea for traveling -- for their own safety.
Most importantly, RCMP is of that opinion.

They have indicated that the evidence is strong, which makes sense, as they wouldn’t have pointed the finger at these two without having a compelling reason for doing so.

We don’t know if Lucas and Chynna were armed, but I highly doubt it.

I think the only gun(s), belonged to these madmen.

Well, I am glad you posted this as I learned French while at school in the UK and I could barely understand a word here. Very much more twangy too :)

Speakers of Québec French, like elsewhere, vary in their accent. There are two main differences. The French spoken in Québec retains a lot of vocabulary that goes back a couple of hundred years. Also, Québec is much more active than France in creating French equivalents of relatively new English words, rather than importing the English. You will not hear people in Québec, unlike France, talking about a “un parking” for parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swore I heard an expert say the elements would not kill them up there. Winter for sure but not summer time. So many here are saying possibly the elements. Wish I could hear another "expert" I do believe water/food could have been a part of their demise .. I think strongly at the end of the day it was suicide.
Those are not "experts" then, lol. Or they're not experts in conditions in that area. I have posted before that I live in a similar area (just a bit further north on the other side of the country) and tourists regularly come here completely unprepared, go out on the water canoeing or whatever and become hypothermic. Not having correct clothing, getting wet or damp CAN kill you. Even in the summer. We have a local 700km canoe race in June and the #1 thing that takes people out (these are well-trained athletes!) is hypothermia.

Yes, RCMP have confirmed that there is significant evidence connecting the three murders to the two suspects. The person who was with the murder victim at 11:30PM on the night they were murdered is probably the murderer - which explains why he did not come forward.
Do you think it was KM on the road? As he's the only 1 of the 2 dead suspects that had a beard. But KM's wasn't dark nor so bushy like the sketch.

Do you think it was KM on the road? As he's the only 1 of the 2 dead suspects that had a beard. But KM's wasn't dark nor so bushy like the sketch.

This sketch could have been of some well-meaning bystander who stopped to offer assistance.

I’ve followed countless cases where the sketch either didn’t match the suspect, or was of a different person entirely.

As we know these two are suspected of all 3 murders, and RCMP believes they are the only suspects (logic says that as well), then I think this sketch is a moot point.

A “nothing-burger,” as I like to say.

No one at WS is "blaming the parents".
And I never said that.
Was actually thinking about some different criminals.

I was replying to your comment: "Yes, parents need to do better in many cases".
What I said is: no matter how good and well- meaning the parents are, their kids have a mind of their own and will do as they please, whether it is skip school, smoke dope, kill people or whatever they fancy.

SBM BBM

Glad I am not the only one! I also joined Websleuths because of this case, it is far better than trying to discuss things on the comments section on CBC! In real life I have also started to pay more attention to my surroundings, things I see and hear. Not in a suspicious, paranoid way but more of a wise to the world, be a good citizen kind of way. I've also learned to open my mind to other people's ideas and listen before I form an opinion.

I will be following this one as more information comes out and following other cases on WS as well.

Agree, WS is victim friendly. It makes all the difference in discussion.

I was replying to your comment: "Yes, parents need to do better in many cases".
What I said is: no matter how good and well- meaning the parents are, their kids have a mind of their own and will do as they please, whether it is skip school, smoke dope, kill people or whatever they fancy.

Agree, thousands of generations of humans confirm, kids become people and people
are notoriously stubborn about doing what they want.
Luckily for is all, almost all humans want to do right.

The fact that the boat along with personal belongings appeared where it had not been seen before per LE surveillance footage, makes me think that they were not dead in the bush all this time. But what do I know...

If it turns out that they have been dead for quite a while I can’t see the police ever stating the boat is linked to them, as this would certainly lead people to question how a boat was missed abandoned only a few km from the burned vehicle in spite of all the air searches that took place, especially along rivers and roadways

This sketch could have been of some well-meaning bystander who stopped to offer assistance.

I’ve followed countless cases where the sketch either didn’t match the suspect, or was of a different person entirely.

As we know these two are suspected of all 3 murders, and RCMP believes they are the only suspects (logic says that as well), then I think this sketch is a moot point.

A “nothing-burger,” as I like to say.
Ive wondered at times if the sketch wasnt somehow inadvertantly depicting LF .

The eyes in particular in some msm pics of LF along with the beard.

Plus a v hipster type hat

Eta correction to LF

Inquests - Province of British Columbia

An inquest may be held if the Chief Coroner determines that it would be beneficial for: addressing community concern about a death, assisting in finding information about the deceased or circumstances around a death, and/or drawing attention to a cause of death if such awareness can prevent future deaths.

I think all of the above apply.

I think the public who footed the bill for this costly manhunt will expect and is entitled to hear the discoveries.

Unless they find evidence (possibly with the bodies) that is sufficient to result in charges against the 2 in the double murder, I don’t think LE will release details of potential evidence about the murders to the public. I heard Chris Lewis , former OPP commissioner on the radio this afternoon, and he confirmed this. They cannot release evidence and jeopardize a murder investigation, which will have to continue if charges cannot he laid. They will have to try and find the real killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir