Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay wasn’t in reporting two “suspicious deaths.”

The delay was in saying “two people have been found shot to death.”

Many people would hear the first statement, and quickly put two and two together.

I think everyone here would.

But that doesn’t resonate with everyone, which is a bit of an issue.

I see. The fact that a gun was involved makes it more pressing to people, is that what you mean? It's very possible the News Release was published before the cause of death was established by the coroner.

I see. The fact that a gun was involved makes it more pressing to people, is that what you mean? It's very possible the News Release was published before the cause of death was established by the coroner.
Yeah, but it doesn’t take 4 days to figure out if someone has been shot to death, regardless of how long it takes to establish their identities.

If that news released was disseminated before cause of death was determined (entirely possible), then another one should have been released once that was established.

I wonder if the public interest will outweigh family privacy concerns, like in the case of Ben Kilmer.

Yes, I'm pretty confident that the cause of death will be released, and hopefully soon. Otherwise, conspiracy theories will become set in stone. It would be horrible if people in the Fox Lake Cree Nation started eyeing one another with furtive glaces.

@otto Most definitely in terms of the Mcleod family. Bryer's father and now his great uncle have spoke. I find it disturbing the Mcleods have not said a word, I also strongly feel Kam was the leader on all of this. It's easy to paint Bryer with a brush, however Kam was right there at his side through the years, Kam drove, Kam had the vehicle, Kam burnt his own vehicle (which I'm sure Dad bought or gave to him) - Kam's image is the one felt talking to Lucas/Chynna. I have a little personal resentment right now for the McLeod family staying so eerily silent and letting Bryer take the fall in media etc. I feel there is an unwritten Code of Silence from anyone connected to Kam's family. His parents are affluent, own a big business in Port Alberni, and when the Mayor warned the people not to talk about anything - that doesn't usually happen. Bryer may have 'talked big' but I am convinced the oh so quiet apparently polite and kind Kam was the lead man and Bryer his idolizing follower. I feel there is a whole huge amount of information on Kam that some in Port Alberni have worked really hard to try keep covered up.
I agree. If my son had killed (or was suspected of killing) the son of another as well as a lovely young woman and an older gentleman, I sure as heck would not be hiding out. At least Bryer's family came forward. Say what you will about the father, he IS mentally unwell. Bryer had no immediate family to guide him. He appeared to be a lost soul. Not so Kam.

There was no evidence that the deaths were suspicious until maybe midnight on July 15 - after the medical examiner had completed autopsies. That's why the information was released on July 16. RCMP can't guess at cause of death of two unidentified victims.

7AM - report to RCMP
11AM - RCMP arrive from detachment (4 hours distance)
10PM (?) - Medical Examiner (autopsies to determine cause of death)

The Australian news picked up the story after the bodies were identified on July 18, but RCMP are not at fault for that delay.
From the BC RCMP Press Release:
"Upon attendance police discovered two adults deceased. Both deaths appeared to be suspicious"

They knew immediately what was going on and this is why the public should have been alerted right away, not 36 hours later.

The delay wasn’t in reporting two “suspicious deaths.”

The delay was in saying “two people have been found shot to death.”

Many people would hear the first statement, and quickly put two and two together.

I think everyone here would.

But that doesn’t resonate with everyone, which is a bit of an issue.

I think cause of death is first reported to next of kin. That could not be done until the victims were identified, which could only be done using Chynna's hidden passport.

Canadians should know that "suspicious deaths" and "major crime unit" mean RCMP are investigating a serious murder that may involve guns and drugs. No one can truly claim that they thought suspicious deaths and major crime involvement was nothing to worry about.

It would be like hearing that the FBI is investigating suspicious deaths at a specific location and not knowing what that means. Whether the deaths involved guns, knives, bombs or something else, everyone would know it was serious.

Yes. Especially if they are found in a position related to the cause of death, and are entering decomposition/are decomposed. They don’t want to alter the body position to suit the dimensions of getting them into the bag or risk their bodies falling apart.
Yeah, it is complete speculation on my part, but I saw the metal box used just a few weeks ago in the Savannah Spurlock case. Her remains were found and it was thought she had been in the found location for about 6 months, though residents were just reporting a foul smell, so I am unsure why that would have been the case, and can only assume the remains were well into decomposition. I am wondering if the remains of BS and KM were perhaps not intact, as in maybe they had been dead long enough for decomposition to be a factor, or if perhaps they had been torn apart by animals to some extent. If they were not intact, it is possible that the metal boxes also contained ground from very immediate area that the bodies were found in, which may contain forensice evidence. JMO

What I don't understand is if they burnt every other vehicle they came into contact with(that we know of), why didn't they burn that van too?

Didn't think of it yet?

See, I still think that they intended to go bezerker, but had not had a full on conversation on the details. Or even a clear cut plan. Bryer was a bomb waiting to go off. They either did or didn't plan it. Like people who sack towns, who commit spontaneous acts of crowd violence, loot and so on.

So, they ride along in their truck afterward, freaking out to one degree or another. How to cover their tracks? They get an idea and it seems like a good idea at the time (burn truck). Plus, they know they can never go back home and won't be returning the truck. Lots of chaotic thinking and acting.

Perhaps they disposed of the gun at the same point in time, more or less.

@otto Most definitely in terms of the Mcleod family. Bryer's father and now his great uncle have spoke. I find it disturbing the Mcleods have not said a word, I also strongly feel Kam was the leader on all of this. It's easy to paint Bryer with a brush, however Kam was right there at his side through the years, Kam drove, Kam had the vehicle, Kam burnt his own vehicle (which I'm sure Dad bought or gave to him) - Kam's image is the one felt talking to Lucas/Chynna. I have a little personal resentment right now for the McLeod family staying so eerily silent and letting Bryer take the fall in media etc. I feel there is an unwritten Code of Silence from anyone connected to Kam's family. His parents are affluent, own a big business in Port Alberni, and when the Mayor warned the people not to talk about anything - that doesn't usually happen. Bryer may have 'talked big' but I am convinced the oh so quiet apparently polite and kind Kam was the lead man and Bryer his idolizing follower. I feel there is a whole huge amount of information on Kam that some in Port Alberni have worked really hard to try keep covered up.
i think the Mcleod’s lawyered up immediately. They were probably advised not to make any statements as anything they said it could affect a trial later on. Perhaps at some point a lawyer will release a statement on their behalf .

All the Canadian cases I've followed have been really weird. There's the pig farmer who abducted, drugged and assaulted prostitutes before feeding them to the pigs and then feeding the pigs to police officers and locals. There's the schizophrenic who cut off a man's head while riding the Greyhound bus. There's the man who thought his idea was stolen so he massacred a man, his wife and their grandson while they slept before burning them on his parent's acreage. There's the architecture student who was overwhelmed with work and studies so he massacred his tenant, wife and two little girls but spared the infant before killing himself. There's the millionaire pharmaceutical executive and his wife who were murdered, kneeling and hung from their swimming pool railing - discovered during an open house showing. All very strange.
Don't forget about the Canadian Air Force Colonel who murdered two women, sexually assaulted others and broke into hundreds of homes, stealing underwear and meticulously cataloguing it!

I wonder if the public interest will outweigh family privacy concerns, like in the case of Ben Kilmer.

'Public interest' prompts B.C. coroner to release details in death of Ben Kilmer

I have always found this to be a strange but ultimately good decision given the sheer number of lay public who went out there and trudged through the bush looking for him. We all surmised it was suicide because two other young guys disappeared together at the same time (Ryan Daley and Dan Archbald). The police immediately deemed this disappearance "suspicious" but Ben's disappearance was never suspicious even though his van was found running, door open or ajar, and a small amount of blood inside. He had gone to work. Clearly, his family had told the police that he was suicidal. His wife was urging searchers to "look up" as well as down at the ground. When the coroner announced he would provide the cause of death, she fought to keep this quiet due to having little children and wanting to tell them this herself at an appropriate age and time. But the coroner found the public interest trumped this concern. The media had the choice of course to reveal it or not and some chose to do so.

I can’t agree with you on this one. I’m not surprised at all the McLeod’s have not said a word. The whole situation is beyond comprehension and as a parent, I’d be absolutely broken. How do you even cope with that? What do you say? How do you reach out? And even if they did try to reach out, the public would rip them to shreds on each and every word they said. Then, you have BS Dad being psychotic on TV and in the media. And, that went well right? So, I get it and certainly don’t find it odd at all the McLeods have chosen to stay silent. Likely self preservation. IMO anyway.

Yeah early on when they possibly could hav

i think the Mcleod’s lawyered up immediately. They were probably advised not to make any statements as anything they said it could affect a trial later on. Perhaps at some point a lawyer will release a statement on their behalf .

I agree. What is a "mower" aside from something that cuts grass?

Which would mean they didn't try to start the van so that would rule out them trying to steal it(not items inside it, but the van itself is all I mean). It would also rule out them breaking the window...which I am not sure if it has ever been released how the window was broken.
In earlier threads, it was discussed that rear window was shot out. I don't believe anything confirmed. It may have been the highway worker Mr. Pierre that alleged this.

Didn't think of it yet?

See, I still think that they intended to go bezerker, but had not had a full on conversation on the details. Or even a clear cut plan. Bryer was a bomb waiting to go off. They either did or didn't plan it. Like people who sack towns, who commit spontaneous acts of crowd violence, loot and so on.

So, they ride along in their truck afterward, freaking out to one degree or another. How to cover their tracks? They get an idea and it seems like a good idea at the time (burn truck). Plus, they know they can never go back home and won't be returning the truck. Lots of chaotic thinking and acting.

Perhaps they disposed of the gun at the same point in time, more or less.

Yeah, I have Definitely thought of that option. I have thought of ALL options at this point :):(

I mean it's all so baffling to us, but we aren't all necessarily 18/19 years old and on the run(if that was the case...just covering all bases here). At that age, and while panicking I'm sure your thought process is all over the place....even just while panicking at any age really, but we all know how our brains worked at That age.
The actions they may have taken also quite possibly don't make any sense to some of us simply because none of us Are them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02