Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered if one of the pair, I'm thinking BS, had a thrill kill trip in mind, but sold it as a joy ride or even as looking for work. As the trip unfolded and many little decisions later ended up killing the couple, fulfilling his desire, but leaving KM having to manage the situation. Maybe this scenario explains why they hung around the area before committing the next murder for the vehicle out. There was no planning for the aftermath.

I don't know what your family is like, but having an older truck with any kind of camper (especially a cabover with stilts) would be considered a magnificent gift by the 18-19 year olds in my family. Any car at all...that would be a grand gift.

There's always a new generation waiting for the beaters, in my family. Newish tires, spacious camper...we'd have to share it among several who would want a trip like the one Kam was planning.

Agreed, I thought the truck and camper was a beautiful set. My son would have loved that set up for his first cross Canada adventure with his buddies.

The family does not want the cause of death released, and because of privacy law the RCMP cannot release that information without their consent.

IMO "privacy laws" do not apply in this instance. The COD is not personal and confidential information of the family, and their consent is not required.

[
Catching up.

... As soon as I heard '19 year old men' and 'burned truck' and 'dead man apparently without a vehicle beside the side of a road', I suspected the teens had done it. It's just experience and thinking through how such a crime scene might have transpired: the logistics of managing two vehicles, the unlikelihood of anyone kidnapping 2 tall men.

Huh. When a burned out vehicle is found it is usually because it was stolen and used to commit a crime. So my assumption was that the kids had been murdered by whoever took their vehicle, and that person had decided to acquire a new vehicle, because the one they were in was too hot.

And also, with the other crime scene, when a young couple is found murdered that's usually a sex crime.

I tried Danish, too, a couple of years ago because of my love for Nordic Noir! :)

BTW, I think it was actually BS who would attempt the Russian accent in gameplay, not KM.
Ah, OK. I misread.

Also, every time I read that this pair likely killed the couple "for the thrill of it" I just don't see it. Kam has been described as a person who cared about other people's feelings and Bryer as being similar. Moody or weird don't seem to come up and I believe that there would have been signs of a psychopathic tendency at some point, even if it were "only" pulling the wings off flies.

No, they can't lay charges against dead people. They will provide a report summarizing the investigation and stating why they would have charged the two, though.

In Toronto a guy opened fire on the Danforth, killing two, and then shot himself dead, and it took the police over a year to release their report on the investigation. The crime occurred April 2018, and the report was released June 2019.

Toronto police reveal details of Danforth shooting investigation

The crimes of the BC fugitives spanned several provinces and as a multi-jurisdictional case it may take even longer than 14 months to see a final report. It's not going to be, it's next week and LE are providing all the answers to all the questions that people have. Everyone is going to be in the dark until LE releases their final conclusions a long time from now.

If the crimes had gone to trial though, it would have taken a couple years before the trial began and new information was released in the courtroom. I think people will get answers more quickly the way it turned out, but it's not going to seem quick to anybody.

Question- is there some oversight body that will review the RCMP's evidence, or will everyone just have to take their word for it that the 2 guys committed all 3 murders? Does the Crown/similar become involved now thatthe suspects are evidently deceased?

I totally agree, but what about LF and CD? Why kill them or even try and rob them?

Yes, quite possibly about thrill rather than "necessity."

Robbery was a factor in all three murders. Wallets and ID were stolen from all three victims. A vehicle was stolen from the third victim. Both robberies included eliminating witnesses.

All three murders were opportunistic. That is, they were in isolated locations with no witnesses.

Ah, OK. I misread.

Also, every time I read that this pair likely killed the couple "for the thrill of it" I just don't see it. Kam has been described as a person who cared about other people's feelings and Bryer as being similar. Moody or weird don't seem to come up and I believe that there would have been signs of a psychopathic tendency at some point, even if it were "only" pulling the wings off flies.
I don't know what to make of KM since he seemed so well-liked by everyone who interacted with him. But BS had a disturbing pattern of behavior that doesn't, in my mind, indicate he cared for people's feelings. In fact, he frequently made people uncomfortable with behavior and comments I suspect he knew freaked people out. Of course, a lot of people do that and don't end up killing anyone, let alone 3 people, but I think only the adults in his life whom he behaved for are the ones who thought of BS as a nice, harmless kid.

When this first started, I felt like it was preplanned, but now I do think it may have been more spontaneous. All MOO.

Question- is there some oversight body that will review the RCMP's evidence, or will everyone just have to take their word for it that the 2 guys committed all 3 murders? Does the Crown/similar become involved now thatthe suspects are evidently deceased?
My understanding is that a coroner's inquest can be called. It's a quasi-judicial process with experts, witnesses, testimony, etc. to establish the reasons behind a death. A final report would be released from this process, available to the public.

EDIT: I believe the BC Coroner's Service Chief Coroner would have the power to launch an inquest.

I know I'll get jumped on here, but it's the LD part of the story that something does not smell right around. I don't know what it is, but the pieces of the puzzle here are too scattered and illogical, and the LE too tight lipped and secret about it. I'm sorry, but right now I'm not prepared to accept this part of the investigation narrative at face value. Just my instinct and gut telling me that.

It’s funny how differently people can view things. For me the murder and ensuing crime scene of LDs death is about the only thing that makes a even hint of sense. I think for me that might only be because a few details have been revealed that show Kam/Bryer were in the vicinity, the burning truck, and they were driving LDs car. The other two murders though, at this time I just don’t have enough info - except assurances RCMP believe there is a link.

There is a route that K&B could have taken that would have them in Deace Lake FIRST, then they travelled east. We don't know the times and dates of the deaths, just when they found.

I know the routes.
There is a general time of death for L and C. Not really for LD though(unless I have missed something). Like I said my main issue is that they didn't burn the van. If this was planned and they were destroying evidence along the way they would have burned the van too. If they didn't think of it until after the fact, yeah definitely could be the case.
The fact that there is still another person(and the LAST person to see them alive as far as we know) that was witnessed speaking to C and L still makes me question it all as well.
If it's easy to say that they DID kill them, it's just as easy to say that the DIDN'T at this point. Until we have more info(if ever) I will likely continue to look at it that way.

Last edited:
Yes, quite possibly about thrill rather than "necessity."

I feel like if it were for the thrill they would have continued killing people along the way. Obviously just my thoughts, but it seems off to me that they would simply run and hide half way across the country without leaving more bodies along the way if they were on a thrill kill spree.

It hasn't been confirmed that I know of, still don't have much info on it or who's it was (kinda like how we still don't know who's truck, camper, possible gun had belonged to) I just saw the pictures of some of the burned items found at the location of their first burned truck/camper, and there was a large computer tower. It was a little surprising, I think most of us assumed it was a laptop when we heard a "burned computer" was found at the site.

Yes this is all certainly another good theory. I think regardless of what their real intentions were when they set off on that trip, it didn't go quite to plan and they did end up freaking out and making very bad decisions. I just don't get a suicidal or even violent vibe from them in that surveillance video, especially not from Kam, but of course that video is not much to go on. I just think either way, things really went sideways for these guys. 5 people dead for absolutely no reason.

jmo.

What I see in that video are two young men who know it's Game Over. They look defeated. Bryer looks slightly anxious, Kam looks a bit more focused and determined. He looks as if he did not find what he needed at the store, and knows that was his last chance to find whatever it was.

I agree that they don't look angry. But, if one of them did have a rage attack or two, that would leave that individual potentially depleted and pretty glum.

There's a reason, we just don't know what it is. Obviously, none of us would consider it a good reason, but extensive suicide is real.

You are completely taking my post out of context. I was referring to waiting for the investigation to be completed rather than believing speculation from the media, etc. before making a judgement on what happened. I'm not creating judgements myself. And as far as how someone "looks", I was having a bit of fun with poster "Zella" who said BS looks kinda creepy. Geez man, lighten up.

I’m sorry you thought I singled you out. That is not the case. I’ve read almost every single post of all 13 threads - I was in no way referring to a single post made, rather a multitude of posts made by a quite varied amount of individuals.

I don't know what to make of KM since he seemed so well-liked by everyone who interacted with him. But BS had a disturbing pattern of behavior that doesn't, in my mind, indicate he cared for people's feelings. In fact, he frequently made people uncomfortable with behavior and comments I suspect he knew freaked people out. Of course, a lot of people do that and don't end up killing anyone, let alone 3 people, but I think only the adults in his life whom he behaved for are the ones who thought of BS as a nice, harmless kid.

When this first started, I felt like it was preplanned, but now I do think it may have been more spontaneous. All MOO.

Many people who do terrible things are thought to be nice to those who know them, and I think the same goes for Kam and to a certain extent Bryer. Other young men rejected Bryer for his words and beliefs re - his interest in violence, Hitler, etc...but Kam didn't. Maybe I am being judgmental, but that tells me that there was something off about him too. My opinion of course.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
They will also be searching area where several undisclosed items linked to the suspects were found #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

11:23 AM - 9 Aug 2019 pt

This is part of the team headed out in a boat to reach the site, which is about 8 kms from where torched SUV was found on July 22. They will be using metal detectors to scan for items possibly belonging to the suspects #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

RCMP search and rescue officers are combing through the shoreline and brush today where two bodies were found Wednesday. Police believe the bodies are of two suspects wanted in three murders in B.C. #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

EBjAqtTWkAAVDHL.jpg

11:06 AM - 9 Aug 2019 pt

They will also be searching area where several undisclosed items linked to the suspects were found #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

11:23 AM - 9 Aug 2019 pt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member