Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously many others share your opinion, but there are no other suspects, based on evidence already collected by RCMP.
I believe the mystery man seen standing in the middle of the highway at 11.30pm, the last person ever actually seen with Chynna and Lucas, should be considered a serious suspect, for some reason the police appear to have almost completely ignored his existence. Is this because they developed tunnel vision too early in the case? I do not believe there is much evidence to link Bryer and Kam to Chynna and Lucas, if there is, why so secretive. I feel the police are scrounging for it, and have left the other person who should have been followed up immediately until it is almost too late. Probably if they rush back to check security footage for him, it could be gone. Why have they not told the public he has been found and interviewed? He is a major witness in the case either way?

I don’t know about anyone else but personally I would like to see admin add the topic of “did police issue public warnings soon enough” or “did police do enough to warn travellers” added to the list of do not discuss.
It become a never ending debate that’s developed no merit as it seems to be reiterated opinions and of course people are bound to hold their own.

It is not an opinion but an understanding. If you fail to understand that a suspicious death is one that the police will look into as in Who is responsible for this death, then you need to examine your comprehension of the word suspicious.
In the case of an overdose, I doubt the police will be looking for a killer.

I've wondered if they left something resembling a suicide note at the spot where their possessions were found near the shore, which is why the day or so before the bodies were even found, RCMP was already talking about them no longer being a threat to anyone. MOO
I am thinking it must be more than that as you can leave a suicide note and not yet have done the deed. Or you could write one simply to put people off your scent so to speak. Did they say they found both bodies together in the woods? I don't recall.

That's not true. Police did not know that the suspects were dead on August 2 when they discovered personal items belonging to the suspects on the shore of the Nelson River.

I did not say they knew but it was pretty clear that once they found items on the waterfront and the floating sleeping bag that the police had a pretty good inclination that the pair might have been dead nearby. I don’t have time to dig through all the reporting but several sources told me on Tuesday morning that they believed the pair was dead, that is when the ME was activated. They didn’t know until they found the bodies but that is the point in which they declared they didn’t believe the pair to be a threat anymore essentially announcing they were believed to be dead.

Edit - Just checked my notes and it was about 20 hours before the bodies were found that I was made aware that the police were 99% certain the pair was dead, the ME was likely brought in to standby at that point

I am thinking it must be more than that as you can leave a suicide note and not yet have done the deed. Or you could write one simply to put people off your scent so to speak. Did they say they found both bodies together in the woods? I don't recall.
Yes, they were together. I just remember at the beginning of this week that they said they had found items directly tied to them near the shore earlier around when they found the boat, they didn't know if they were dead, but they didn't think they were a threat.

Edited to add: never have seen how close together but sure sounds like they were in the same spot.

That's not true. Police did not know that the suspects were dead on August 2 when they discovered personal items belonging to the suspects on the shore of the Nelson River.

From whatever the personal items were, they had a pretty good idea of what they would find. I believe the families were notified before the remains were declared officially "located", prior to the press conference.

From whatever the personal items were, they had a pretty good idea of what they would find. I believe the families were notified before the remains were declared officially "located", prior to the press conference.
Oh I think that goes without saying! That's SOP. They had 4 hours between the discovery and the press conference to do so. I imagine the victims' families may have also revieved a courtesy notification, but that's just an assumption.

RCMP are not in a "final panic." They are doing a thorough investigation into the final days of the only suspects in the robbery and murders of 3 people in BC.
They are not the only suspects in my mind, they jumped into making them the prime suspects and ignored the other person who I feel also should have been found asap and considered a person of interest, but they developed tunnel vision and let him disappear. Now they are desperately searching for something to try to link Kam and Bryer to Chynna and Lucas's murders too, because the other person is long gone. I am surprised and cross that the last person seen with Lucas and Chynna, behaving suspiciously late at night, appears to have been completely ignored.

I believe the mystery man seen standing in the middle of the highway at 11.30pm, the last person ever actually seen with Chynna and Lucas, should be considered a serious suspect, for some reason the police appear to have almost completely ignored his existence. Is this because they developed tunnel vision too early in the case? I do not believe there is much evidence to link Bryer and Kam to Chynna and Lucas, if there is, why so secretive. I feel the police are scrounging for it, and have left the other person who should have been followed up immediately until it is almost too late. Probably if they rush back to check security footage for him, it could be gone. Why have they not told the public he has been found and interviewed? He is a major witness in the case either way?

EDIT: Oops..hit post instead of reply...

Just throwing this out there as an idea and not necessarily endorsing it fully, but what if the RCMP appear to have ignored the bearded man because he doesn't exist?

All we have is one witness who saw all of this: the beaded man with the jeep interacting in a frustrated way, all in the few seconds as she drove by. And we all know how reliable witnesses are.

Maybe there is a bearded man and maybe more effort should be made to identify him, but that would mean two random, stranger-on-stranger violent crimes happened in this remote part of Canada within a few days of each other, which does not seem likely.
JMO

Last edited:
Returning to the site of the burnt out vehicle weeks after it was discovered is a good sign of a final panic. That scene should have been properly secured and processed by an evidence collection team as soon as possible. The fact they are returning after it sat unsecured for weeks is not a sign of a thorough investigation, it’s sloppy at best.

The grid search of the area to determine the path the pair took is a proper investigation in to their final days but processing what is essential ground zero should have been done weeks ago

So much criticism of Canada's elite investigators and police officers!
Where does this criticism originate?

Everything they do is twisted and portrayed as panic, failure, lie, sloppy, improper and so on. The sentiments seem a bit too strong to be based on 2 teens from BC murdering 3 people and fleeing to a remote part of the country. It almost seems like these murders are a conduit to insult investigators.

All so very possible...and funny you say intuition because it has been mine that says they didn't kill them. It's been in my gut the whole time and that is mainly what keeps me from believing it. Of course mine could be very wrong as well.

It is certainly very interesting to see all the different ways of thinking surrounding all of this. It is just unfortunate that it has arisen from some very terrible circumstances.

@CanadianMade, my intuition is saying the same. I am just not convinced they murdered Lucas & Chynna, and we honestly just have not been given enough information to make a definite decision IMO.

We do not know if BS & KM had access to a weapon, if they did where did it come from?

If they did in fact kill Lucas & Chynna why did they stay in the area for 3 or 4 days, yet after killing Mr. Dyck they immediately got as far away as they could.
If they were looking for another vehicle to escape in after killing Lucas & Chynna, why drive almost 500km to find one? There were likely lots of tourist cars they could have tried to steal around Laird Hot Spring.
We do not know how LD died. If he was not shot, why not, if they had a gun?
Too many questions with no logical answers for me to call them guilty yet.

I will say it again, I really want BS & KM to be the responsible persons but something will not let me jump to that conclusion just yet.
JMO

I don't think police had a clue of what they would find, but probably had checked with family to see if the items belonged to them, or were items they took from Mr Dyck's car, to determine that they were not just junk washed up. They still don't know if the boat is definitely connected, and didn't even know a boat was missing or stolen, it could have been there for some time, or could have been taken from an unoccupied house.

I believe the mystery man seen standing in the middle of the highway at 11.30pm, the last person ever actually seen with Chynna and Lucas, should be considered a serious suspect
I highlighted the mistaken assumption. If there was indeed such a bearded man, driving such a Jeep Cherokee with stripes, he would have been found by RCMP.

I did not say they knew but it was pretty clear that once they found items on the waterfront and the floating sleeping bag that the police had a pretty good inclination that the pair might have been dead nearby. I don’t have time to dig through all the reporting but several sources told me on Tuesday morning that they believed the pair was dead, that is when the ME was activated. They didn’t know until they found the bodies but that is the point in which they declared they didn’t believe the pair to be a threat anymore essentially announcing they were believed to be dead.

Edit - Just checked my notes and it was about 20 hours before the bodies were found that I was made aware that the police were 99% certain the pair was dead, the ME was likely brought in to standby at that point

Where was the sleeping bag found?

I have it on pretty good authority the keys are now in the hands of the police. I’m not certain what else was collected from the burn site, it is incredible that they are only just now putting effort in to searching it.

Baffling really?

I think what I would most like to know (and what I think would be important to me if my loved one was killed or someone in my family was a suspect) comes down to intent.

Is it more likely that the suspects left home with weapons and a plan to murder someone on their trip or more likely that they stopped by the road for one reason (eg robbery) and this led to killing?

Basically, one alternative seems more inexplicable and, for lack of a better word, “evil” to me. I feel the events and deaths are tragic and the grief/loss remains the same regardless of the reason. But I do hope that the evidence that law enforcement has and what they ultimately share with the public will lean toward one answer or the other regarding intent and it will not remain a mystery and matter of complete speculation.

I highlighted the mistaken assumption. If there was indeed such a bearded man, driving such a Jeep Cherokee with stripes, he would have been found by RCMP.

He has not been found. The RCMP stated that at the press conference held to announce the discovery of B/K's bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton