Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I was advised to study a long ramble about school shootings research on the post to which I was responding to .. I presumed you had read that before claiming you don't think any one was claiming that very thing.

'We' don't know very much at all, except, that 3 people are dead by murder and 2 other people are , apparently dead, having 'decided ' in the words of the RCMP bloke , to end their lives. 'We' do know, indeed, that they were originally charged with the 2nd degree murder of Professor Dyck, a bit different to being charged with just plain old murder, and 'we' do know they are suspects in the murder of Mr Fowler and Miss Deese, as 'we' have known since following this thread from July 14th.
Hey. If you are referring to the link I and others posted to the school shooters, I was not liking the suspects to the school shooters but my interest with the video was what the mother of the murderer was feeling ie the shame, etc. and how she was able to cope with the stigma etc.

Last edited:
If you read my post, I wrote in, or near the burning vehicle.

In the scale of the territory of the killings, 2 klms isn't a long way. It took the RCMP some time to ascertain that (a) the body, which had suffered burning was in some way connected to the burnt out vehicle back a small ways along the road, and then to work out that (b) it wasn't the body of either of the two people reported to be travelling in that vehicle.

And then (c), it had to be assumed that the person who's dead body , burned, must have, at some stage , had some connection to the burning truck and must have got to this destination by some OTHER vehicle, now missing, and obviously, the persons who arrived in the burning vehicle , had taken the vehicle belonging to the burnt dead man , who, according to NSW POL had been shot, also.

Therefore, the persons now in the vehicle that once belonged to the burned dead man were absconders, from the scene of an accident, at the very least, and at the worst, were murderers, and thieves, to boot.

And as it turns out, Kam and Bry pretty much appear to be both murderers and thieves. Otherwise, why then burn the vehicle of Professor Dyck ? .. . if not to try and fool the RCMP into thinking they were dead as well..
It seemed at the time, that the body of Professor Dyck had been placed in the vehicle belonging to Kam McLeod ( or a relative of his ) and then both the vehicle and the body were set alight, and it took the RCMP some time to definitively work out who that body belonged to. .. and one is entitled to suppose the plan was to present as a car accident and the burnt remains to be mistaken for Kam, or Bry. Perhaps. Otherwise, why heave the body up into the vehicle?

repeat

Last edited:

In the scale of the territory of the killings, 2 klms isn't a long way. It took the RCMP some time to ascertain that (a) the body, which had suffered burning was in some way connected to the burnt out vehicle back a small ways along the road, and then to work out that (b) it wasn't the body of either of the two people reported to be travelling in that vehicle.

And then (c), it had to be assumed that the person who's dead body , burned, must have, at some stage , had some connection to the burning truck and must have got to this destination by some OTHER vehicle, now missing, and obviously, the persons who arrived in the burning vehicle , had taken the vehicle belonging to the burnt dead man , who, according to NSW POL had been shot, also.

Therefore, the persons now in the vehicle that once belonged to the burned dead man were absconders, from the scene of an accident, at the very least, and at the worst, were murderers, and thieves, to boot.

And as it turns out, Kam and Bry pretty much appear to be both murderers and thieves. Otherwise, why then burn the vehicle of Professor Dyck ? .. . if not to try and fool the RCMP into thinking they were dead as well..

I cannot find anything that says the body was burned? As far as the news reports said, the body was found 2 kilometres away from the burned vehicle, not inside or near the burned vehicle and there have been no reports of any of the injuries of the body, including no reports it had burns? If you have found something different it would be great to see the link?

Last edited:
In BC, it's the Coroner's office, not LE that would or wouldn't release this type of information to both the public and/or family members. All decisions come from their office according to the Coroner's Act and COD is not necessarily private information of the deceased - a families request to keep COD private may (i.e. - Len Dyck) or may not (i.e. - Ben Kilmer) be respected. If anyone cares to read it, there is also reference to "Despite the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,"... so their act can supersede FOI/POPA.

Coroners Act

Thank you. But having reviewed the attachment, I still cannot locate anything that confers on the family the right to prohibit or even influence the Coroner/LE's disclosure of COD. In fact, this right seems, at all times, to rest entirely with the Coroner:

Disclosure to the public or interested persons
69 (1)Subject to subsection (2), the chief coroner may disclose any report, or part of a report, made to the chief coroner under section 16 [report after investigation], 39 [report of jury's verdict] or 51 [report of review] to

(a)the public, or

(b)a person who, in the opinion of the chief coroner, has a valid interest in the findings and recommendations contained in the report.

(2)In determining whether or not to disclose personal information from a report, the chief coroner must consider

(a)whether the disclosure is necessary to support the findings and recommendations contained in the report, and

(b)whether the public interest in the disclosure outweighs the personal privacy of the individual whose personal information is disclosed in the report.

Every day on the news I hear, "man stabbed to death", "woman shot to death", "teen gunned down in daylight shooting", "woman beaten to death with bat", etc etc etc.

I guess in all those cases the police said f&%k it to the victim's dignity? Why all of a sudden is this one person's dignity so exceptionally important to protect while the other 99.9% of the murder victims in society are not worthy of being afforded that same "dignity"?

Not buyin' it! There's something else happening here and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Could the parents of the 2 suspected murderers also request/demand that COD of the 2 individuals (if they are deceased) not be disclosed?

Then what about the dignity of BS and KM? RCMP are probably going to tell us how they died tomorrow, aren't they?

Not necessarily. While evidently the autopsies have been completed, they may wait for additional forensic/other evidence before deciding what to disclose or not disclose at some future date

At no time have I read that there was a burnt body found by LE or reported by credible news media. What was released from the beginning was similar to the following link on all news reports and pressers, unless you have a link ....Do you have a credible link indicating Prof. Dyck’s body being burnt? :)
Body found near missing B.C. teens' burning truck still not identified

Last edited:
Every day on the news I hear, "man stabbed to death", "woman shot to death", "teen gunned down in daylight shooting", "woman beaten to death with bat", etc etc etc.

I guess in all those cases the police said f&%k it to the victim's dignity? Why all of a sudden is this one person's dignity so exceptionally important to protect while the other 99.9% of the murder victims in society are not worthy of being afforded that same "dignity"?

Not buyin' it! There's something else happening here and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Interesting. So typically there are more details disclosed to the media by RCMP in murder cases?

LOL I don't know! I remember someone complaining about all the height talk earlier, so I'm afraid to mention it now. But yes I agree the initial descriptions were badly off. (In fact, the earliest article I could find misidentified each of them as the other.)

I don't remember who, but someone several threads back suggested that perhaps Kam was 6'4" and Bryer was even taller, and I can actually believe that, especially how tall he was in the door in the surveillance footage. My main objection wasn't to Kam being tall--he never looked short to me--it was just to them being described as the same height since he seemed noticeably shorter than Bryer.

As for eye color, some of us chatted about this earlier today. In younger pics of Bryer, he looks blue-eyed, though not so much now. I'm not sure how I would describe his eye color in more recent pictures.

I had thought Kam was hazel or green-eyed, but his graduation pic (If you ‘inadvertently’ helped two suspected killers escape, please come forward, RCMP urge) and another close-up picture of him his father provided to a newspaper (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...c-teens-subject-of-national-manhunt-1.5222515) reveal blue eyes for him, too.

Seems odd that the RCMP would send out many public alerts asking the public to keep an out out for these two, only to release inaccurate information regarding their true physical appearance?
It did also seem odd that both these guys were apparently 6'4", weighing 169lbs....why 169lbs? JMO

Is anyone here going to read AS's book?
I would like to, but I can't find it. Searched yesterday and while I found a lot of references to it, I didn't find the book itself. I believe it is written as a novela and while it is likely not a Pulitzer Prize winner, it surely provides insight into how AS' mind works.

Hey Trooper, I feel ya. Just can't bring myself to watch the 60 minutes interview for the reasons you mentioned.

At the beginning of this case someone I know in Victoria (BC) said to me to look at AS police reports to gain an understanding of this man.

In the days or weeks to come we will begin to hear more stories about Kam. People will compare their impressions and experiences. This is pretty much the only way to get some insight into a person who didn't want perception or discernment to penetrate his polite, kind disguise. Compare stories, gut instincts, fleeting glimpses of a stranger.
Bryer is a different story---sounds like people went out of their way to avoid him, as sanity dictates. The kids who had to attend school with him would hold fascinating memories. Some of them were too scared to go due to Bryer's malevolence. I wonder if he caused them to become depressed, or develop suicide ideation?

I cannot find anything that says the body was burned? As far as the news reports said, the body was found 2 kilometres away from the burned vehicle, not inside or near the burned vehicle and there have been no reports of any of the injuries of the body, including no reports it had burns? If you have found something different it would be great to see the link?
Paul Doroshenko (Vancouver Criminal Defence Lawyer) mentions it in this clip (audio only) at around 5:02
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1584469571997

This is a zoom of the part of the river along which the bodies were found. There seems to be a mix of brush and cliffs

Google Maps

The Globe's map of where the bodies were found:

upload_2019-8-10_23-0-22-png.197915

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics