Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KR72 I agree about the direction of some of the speculation about Bryer's mom. We know more about AS because he is more vocal about his story, and though I feel sorry for him, he certainly does seem very troubled.

All we really know from MSM media about the mother is that Bryer ran away at one point (presumably from mom's), that he hasn't lived there since, and that according to one of her former coworkers, she was afraid of him but also spoiled him. I don't feel comfortable speculating beyond that except to conclude things were probably troubled in that house, but who's to "blame" for that is anybody's guess and it seems unfair to assume she is a terrible person based on that information. And based on what we know about Bryer, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume she probably was afraid of him.

Still, we don't know what relationship he had with his mom. He may well have been seeing her regularly like he did his dad--I know some parent-child relationships work better when not under the same roof--or they may have been completely estranged. We just simply don't know.

And as for the talk about his dad not being notified he was missing and learning through the newspaper, I agree that is unfortunate. However, I strongly suspect that any communication his mom's family had to have with his father was conducted through Bryer. Since Bryer wasn't there, they may very well not have had contact information for his father.

All MOO

They were probably 65 kg, which converts into 169 lbs. Drives me crazy when they do these specific conversions- for example they find something 5km from a spot and they say the item was found 3.72 miles from the spot>>>>
One of the many sets of complications we put up with in Canada because we converted to the metric system, but many people have not made the conversion!!
Good call on the possibility of the 65 kg thing. It’s kind of interesting to me...as far as I can tell, as a society we’ve generally made the conversion where we had to, and not where we didn’t. Where external forces have been involved - food is sold in grams, road signs are in kilometers, milk and gas is sold in litres, fabric is sold in metres, weather reports come in degrees Celsius, we’re given little rulers with cm and mm in school - we’ve converted. Where none of that intervenes and we’re just talking with each other, we haven’t converted. Doctors offices measure us in metric, but we think of ourselves as bodies of pounds and feet/inches. The recipes we exchange are in cups and tbsp, not mL. We’ll tell you the temperature outside in Celsius while we bake muffins in Fahrenheit. I actually like it. It’s like a little bit of living history that won’t go away.

Last edited:
The kid may have seen Bryer snort Ritalin, but heck Kam may have been selling cocaine to others for all we know.

Same kid could have been snorting who knows what as well.
This is why I don't take hearsay as fact. I take it with a grain of salt and keep it in the back of my mind for reference if I feel it is needed.

All right, fellow sleuths, answer me this, do you think any "wrongful death"-type lawsuits are going to arise out of this? Five dead, five grieving families from three different countries suddenly faced with the worst news anyone could possibly imagine...I am not even sure a lawsuit is possible, what with no definite answers--yet--as to what exactly transpired.

Any experts in international law here?
Don’t those only happen in cases where the perpetrator had a lot of money?

In my post above something went wrong with the quote part SnooperDuper. That's my reply under your post. I don't know how this quote etc works on here to well

All right, fellow sleuths, answer me this, do you think any "wrongful death"-type lawsuits are going to arise out of this? Five dead, five grieving families from three different countries suddenly faced with the worst news anyone could possibly imagine...I am not even sure a lawsuit is possible, what with no definite answers--yet--as to what exactly transpired.

Wouldn't that be a provincial/BC matter? Wrongful death lawsuits fall under civil law, I believe, and thus would fall under BC's laws regarding such action.

Here in Alberta, we have a Fatal Accidents Act that allows for wrongful death lawsuits. I'll go see if the lawyer in the office next door is in...

Would it be possible that My Dyk was placed in the truck when it was set ablaze, and that he escaped despite being badly burned. and walked the distance to where he was found deceased?

I know that some people still trying to figure this out even though the COD has not been disclosed, but creative scenarios that like this really should not be put into print. I think the family has suffered far too much for us to give them more cause for sorrow.

I would like to, but I can't find it. Searched yesterday and while I found a lot of references to it, I didn't find the book itself. I believe it is written as a novela and while it is likely not a Pulitzer Prize winner, it surely provides insight into how AS' mind works.
To my knowledge the book has not been published, it was only a book proposal manuscript he have written and submitted to a few medias or publishers in 2018.

I think the victim's family are welcome to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the two penniless suspects. Putting this behind them is probably healthier.

To my knowledge the book has not been published, it was only a book proposal manuscript he have written and submitted to a few medias or publishers in 2018.
My understanding is he did self publish it and it was scheduled for release in July. He had a cover, so it was well beyond the proposal stage. He submitted portions of it or shared the actual book with the media--not sure which--and said he had temporarily delayed release by a few days. He then seems to have responded to the criticism he received from that declaration by saying he would not be publishing it.

MOO

I think the victim's family are welcome to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the two penniless suspects. Putting this behind them is probably healthier.
In Ontario there is an "Innocent Victims of Crime" fund. I have no idea how it works exactly, but maybe BC has a similar fund. I don't know if the fund is available to out of country families.

No expert at all, but someone yesterday suggested IF it was found that someone provided KM with a gun and he didn't have a PAL, or if KM's parents had weapons that they failed to secure and he took one, the person(s) responsible could potentially face a civil suit.

In Ontario there is an "Innocent Victims of Crime" fund. I have no idea how it works exactly, but maybe BC has a similar fund. I don't know if the fund is available to out of country families.

In Ontario the maximum you can apply for $25,000. You have to apply, and complete a lot of paperwork, then a board reviews your case, and either approves or denies the request. Then they have a decision on the payment amount, once that is complete they mail you a cheque. Process is about 6 months if you are actively completing the paperwork.

Good call on the possibility of the 65 kg thing. It’s kind of interesting to me...as far as I can tell, as a society we’ve generally made the conversion where we had to, and not where we didn’t. Where external forces have been involved - food is sold in grams, road signs are in kilometers, milk and gas is sold in litres, fabric is sold in metres, weather reports come in degrees Celsius, we’re given little rulers with cm and mm in school - we’ve converted. Where none of that intervenes and we’re just talking with each other, we haven’t converted. Doctors offices measure us in metric, but we think of ourselves as bodies of pounds and feet/inches. The recipes we exchange are in cups and tbsp, not mL. We’ll tell you the temperature outside in Celsius while we bake muffins in Fahrenheit. I actually like it. It’s like a little bit of living history that won’t go away.

Ah, reminds me of the beer commercial, "I am Canadian"

I’m not an expert in international law but the deceased perps unlikely had any personal wealth. If their estate had no present or future value, a civil suit for wrongful death would have no basis to proceed as any compensation would never be paid, even if awarded. So no, I don’t think a wrongful death suit will arise but that’s JMO. Because the murders occurred in Canada, and civil suits would be filed through Canadian courts as well.

Ah, reminds me of the beer commercial, "I am Canadian"

Same kid could have been snorting who knows what as well.
This is why I don't take hearsay as fact. I take it with a grain of salt and keep it in the back of my mind for reference if I feel it is needed.
Yeah, I think it was salt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member