Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently sleep is not happening for me tonight, so 4 AM insomnia post it is. Some random quotes from articles. I think the journalists got more information in their briefing.

RCMP say subjects of nationwide manhunt confessed to killing three people, planned to kill more | The Star

"The RCMP are still waiting on a coroner’s report for the exact date of death."

That's weird since it's been seven weeks but ok, I guess...(and if so that means toxicology didn't come out either).

"According to police documents, officials have “no indication” that Schmegelsky and McLeod belonged to any white supremacist groups."

Dead assailants recorded videos taking responsibility for three B.C. murders

"Deese and Fowler died of multiple gunshot wounds, with some appearing to have come from behind. There was no evidence of sexual assault."

Well, at least there's that...and as I said before, I think it would have been pretty messed up if there was evidence of sexual assault and the RCMP never said anything to warn the public while these guys were on the loose.

"On July 22, a witness who knew Schmegelsky and McLeod came forward to tell police he “believed the boys may have been involved in the murders.”"

So the witness was male. Who wants to bet it was one of their three other close friends Bryer's dad mentioned?

Also re-read the report and:
"On July 20, 2019, the Port Alberni RCMP conducted interviews with the McLeod and Schmegelsky families, who described them as good kids who were on a trip to northern British Columbia and Yukon to look for work. Furthermore, the family stated they sent photos of their trip via texts and shared that they had vehicle troubles. Their last contact with family was on July 17, 2019."

Not only did Bryer give his dad incorrect information about where they were going, but didn't contact him after that even though apparently they had at least one working phone and contacted other family members. I think Bryer had a lot of resentment about his dad's book that was supposed to come out July 22nd, and the timing of the trip wasn't coincidental.

I wonder what photos they sent...expect to see those on the Fifth Estate in a year....

Also what's with the trail of completely random items over a 50km radius around the Dease Lake scene? Any ideas?

"Deese and Fowler died of multiple gunshot wounds, with some appearing to have come from behind. There was no evidence of sexual assault."

Relieved to see there was no sexual assault. I guess it is not a major difference as she lost her life. :(But it is a small comfort, imo, anyway.

Did anyone else find it really up that Kam could shoot his best friend in the back of the head? The whole murder spree in general was up, but there is just something chilling about someone shooting their best friend. Even if it is a suicide pact, Kam and Bryer were friends, close, and stuck by each other until the very end. I can't imagine.

What I found interesting was the police report totally acknowledges Mr. Beardy's help while during that time period there was that other tour boat operator who was taking credit. Clearly from the RCMP it was all Beardy's help, not the tour boat guy (sry I forget his name...)

The tour boat guy was Clint Sawchuk, but I believe he only found the sleeping bag and called it in?

How a river guide’s sharp eye, and a sleeping bag, triggered a search that ended the RCMP manhunt

Did anyone else find it really ****** up that Kam could shoot his best friend in the back of the head? The whole murder spree in general was ****** up, but there is just something chilling about someone shooting their best friend. Even if it is a suicide pact, Kam and Bryer were friends, close, and stuck by each other until the very end. I can't imagine.
No, cant say that I find it surprising , certainly not chilling. This is what psychopaths do. The concept of 'best friend' to you , say, or to me, is entirely different to a psychopath. Everyone is expendable. Human life itself is expendable. Life of anything is. That they stuck by each other had much more to do with their shared psychopathy than any concept of 'friends' as is known normally.

It wouldn't have worried them. Certainly no mention is made on the vid clips of any anxiety or , god forfend, regret. Not for their victims, not for each other. Yet they both bought each other to this end, dying in a muddy gully by the side of a strange river, with nothing accomplished in their short lives.

sooo.. count me out of those who might be chilled by two psycho's shooting each other. Waste of time, and they would have told you that themselves!

Really, that's exactly what the vid clips of their last will and testament was conveying. Good bye, up yours, this is what we think of you, this is what we think of those we murdered, this is what we think of each other. Blammo. The End.

Did anyone else find it really ****** up that Kam could shoot his best friend in the back of the head? The whole murder spree in general was ****** up, but there is just something chilling about someone shooting their best friend. Even if it is a suicide pact, Kam and Bryer were friends, close, and stuck by each other until the very end. I can't imagine.
Wow -- where were these details reported?

We can reasonably assume what Lala wrote was absolutely well within the rational range of speculation, by the stark and controlled description given in the RCMP report.

'On July 19, 2019, an autopsy was performed on Fowler and Deese. The pathologist concluded that Fowler and Deese both died of multiple gunshot wounds. It appears that the shooter(s) stood behind the victims for at least some of the shots. '

So we can safely presume that neither Miss Deese, nor Mr Fowler fell down immediately. Both of them were standing vertical to their killers for at least some of the bullets entering their bodies.

Perhaps they were tied up, together. Even tied up to something that propped them up. That they stood long enough for McLeod and Schmeg to fire multiples of shot into them while standing behind them . We know, because it was seen and remarked upon that the bodies appeared to be arranged in death, that is, post mortem. After the killing. Which may have been all the tidying up McLeod and Schmeg felt like doing, although they didn't cover the bodies, the ultimate insult.

That they fired at least some of the shots while standing behind their victims that indicated neither of the shooters went for the 'kill shot' . That is, they shot around and to the left and the right, prolonging the event for themselves.

It is probable they were still firing at them once Miss Deese and Mr Fowler had fallen and began the process of dying by multiple gunshot. It is not an unreasonable assumption.

There is not much point being offended at this outline, because this is what murder is. This was, as far as is known, the first murder/s they did, it is unreasonable to assume they knew exactly what they were doing, or what would be the effect. It was experimental, for them. They probably had a few missed shots and shots that didn't kill but maimed / disabled . They were amateurs. It was totally different to Airfire games in the woods.

<modsnip: unnecessarily graphic>
Your added details outside the official report details are nothing but pure speculation. None of the details from the report indicate anyone died slowly.

When she was found the witness mentioned dried blood bubbles around mouth IIRC = still probably breathing/struggling. Sorry I hate typing this... B&K were brutal and sick.
That is a bit of a stretch. She could have those for mere seconds. It’s quite a statement to speculate that she died slowly, that’s why I’m questioning it. I don’t think there’s enough proof to speculate on that.

Mr. Beardly should be nominated for the civilian Meritorious Service Medal. He knew the dangers he faced, and yet he sacrificed his own safety so that he could do his part to make his community safe.

He is a brave, wise man whose knowledge, skills and sharp eye closed this case.

Orders, decorations, and medals of Canada - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Wow -- where were these details reported?
Your added details outside the official report details are nothing but pure speculation. None of the details from the report indicate anyone died slowly.
How long do you think it takes to expire from multiple shot gun bullets, from your vast experience? From the RCMP report, clearly stating, at least some, ( not one, not two, but multiples ) were fired from behind while they victims were still standing.

If they fired at and actually hit the heart, or the lungs, then it would be quick ( and there would be no blood bubbles , as the perforated lung would leak the fluid into the lung cavity, )but this was not the case, however, you may have quite a different aspect of this in your country. So we can understand that it was a variety of areas of being struck by bullets, and not at first, or, in the RCMP words, at least some, were not fired at crucial organs.

So how long , at a rough guess ,would you say that took?

At then we can move onto the rest of the shots, the ones apart from the 'at least , some' .

I'd welcome your graph.

And this is the last time I indulge your preference for gory details.

No, cant say that I find it surprising , certainly not chilling. This is what psychopaths do. The concept of 'best friend' to you , say, or to me, is entirely different to a psychopath. Everyone is expendable. Human life itself is expendable. Life of anything is. That they stuck by each other had much more to do with their shared psychopathy than any concept of 'friends' as is known normally.

It wouldn't have worried them. Certainly no mention is made on the vid clips of any anxiety or , god forfend, regret. Not for their victims, not for each other. Yet they both bought each other to this end, dying in a muddy gully by the side of a strange river, with nothing accomplished in their short lives.

sooo.. count me out of those who might be chilled by two psycho's shooting each other. Waste of time, and they would have told you that themselves!

Really, that's exactly what the vid clips of their last will and testament was conveying. Good bye, up yours, this is what we think of you, this is what we think of those we murdered, this is what we think of each other. Blammo. The End.
I totally agree with your perspective about these crimes and the 2 men, they aren't worth dissecting, there's nothing to dissect, they were cold, heartless killers who murdered for the thrill of it! The horror of the crimes committed by them should be a reminder, instead of brushing it aside and romanticising the life and death of these 2 sickening creatures! Edit: Alas, and so it begins.

Last edited:
Mr. Beardly should be nominated for a significant public service award. He knew the dangers he faced, and yet he sacrificed his own safety so that he could do his part to make his community safe.

He is a brave, wise man whose knowledge, skills and sharp eye closed this case.
Yes, he pretty much got it sorted! I was sad to hear how he was afraid of being shot, and the police he was taking around in the boat all had protective vests and equipment, but did not offer him any! It was amazing that he saw the bird fly out and realised this could mean something, where other people may/would not have taken notice!

That is a bit of a stretch. She could have those for mere seconds. It’s quite a statement to speculate that she died slowly, that’s why I’m questioning it. I don’t think there’s enough proof to speculate on that.
well. no. It takes quite a while. She had been expired for quite some time when the road worker found her. But when found, she still had that bubbling effect. What that tells anyone with a small amount of commonsense, is that she was , or had been expiring slowly over a period of time, really, up to 1/2 hour.

My statement isn't quite a statement, it is a plain statement. Your claim that it isn't possible is quite a statement.

Yes!! Maybe there was a reason Kam was the shooter, maybe Bryer couldn’t do it? I just imagine the lead up to it, what were their last words to each other? Was anyone emotional?

I totally agree with your perspective about these crimes and the 2 men, they aren't worth dissecting, there's nothing to dissect, they were cold, heartless killers who murdered for the thrill of it! The horror of the crimes committed by them should be a reminder, instead of brushing it aside and romanticising the life and death of these 2 sickening creatures!
Prime , they took the dull and dreary prize at a canter. There are some who are expecting Justin Beiber to perform a song about them, maybe someone to revive Gordon Lightfoot and compose a ballad about how hard life was for little Kam and Little Bry.. gimme a break, folks.

Yes!! Maybe there was a reason Kam was the shooter, maybe Bryer couldn’t do it? I just imagine the lead up to it, what were their last words to each other? Was anyone emotional?
RCMP says there was no remorse, no guilt expressed, not about their victims, nor themselves. Business as usual. That's how psychopaths roll. No tears, because crying would have been a waste of energy as their path was already determined.
No use making up emotions they 'might' have had, when no evidence of any such a thing exists.

Psychopaths cry when it seems of value to do so. No other reason.

How long do you think it takes to expire from multiple shot gun bullets, from your vast experience? From the RCMP report, clearly stating, at least some, ( not one, not two, but multiples ) were fired from behind while they victims were still standing.

If they fired at and actually hit the heart, or the lungs, then it would be quick ( and there would be no blood bubbles , as the perforated lung would leak the fluid into the lung cavity, )but this was not the case, however, you may have quite a different aspect of this in your country. So we can understand that it was a variety of areas of being struck by bullets, and not at first, or, in the RCMP words, at least some, were not fired at crucial organs.

So how long , at a rough guess ,would you say that took?

At then we can move onto the rest of the shots, the ones apart from the 'at least , some' .

I'd welcome your graph.

And this is the last time I indulge your preference for gory details.
No need to be snarky with me, I did not start this conversation. I merely questioned speculation regarding a slow death. I’m not asking for any “gory details” yet you seem to be happy to provide them, even though there is no evidence to support the claim that anyone died slowly.

It's a bitter road to go down , a dead end, ascribing normal human emotions to K and B. They themselves would be embarrassed by that, as it diminishes them , in their own eyes.

And , they would not understand the importance and value that was placed on the lives of Lucas and Chynna and Prof Dyck. They placed no value on their own lives, and were rushing, joyously, I would bet , towards their own death. They genuinely would have been thrilled with their solution to the problem they were finally in.

They did not want anything to do with this life we are all living now.

I totally agree with your perspective about these crimes and the 2 men, they aren't worth dissecting, there's nothing to dissect, they were cold, heartless killers who murdered for the thrill of it! The horror of the crimes committed by them should be a reminder, instead of brushing it aside and romanticising the life and death of these 2 sickening creatures! Edit: Alas, and so it begins.
Lol yet here we are, months later and pages of threads, dissecting everything. You and your buddy Trooper included.

All this time, I have been so baffled by posters who really, sincerely believed that K and B were not the killers of Chynna and Lucas, but never did any of them say why this belief was so concrete. Would any care to share that now? This is a genuine , respectful enquiry, absolutely no sarcasm or snark in it.

I can't speak for those who believed K & B were not the killers, but after the live press conference, I did go back through some of the earlier threads to see if I could pick out some of the WSers who had exceptional foresight.

I noticed that some of those who did not believe K&B were the killers, are now gone. Their posts almost read like troll baiting.

There are also some who simply didn't see that there was enough evidence. These writers discounted, or even negated, the RCMP reports which said that there was significant evidence to show that K&B were the killers.

People come to this thread from all places on earth, and perhaps some members are writing from their experience or culture that rejects police reports. But, I am thankful when the RCMP said they had significant evidence, it wasn't a sham, nor a political or publicity stunt. It was solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb