Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Criminal Code of Canada, section 752, which lays out offenses that may qualify for DO status. Murder is not included, and in fact is specifically excluded:

serious personal injury offence means

• (a) an indictable offence, other than high treason, treason, first degree murder or second degree murder...
Criminal Code

I’m going to leave it at this, but you’re misleading people unnecessarily over a fact that is explicitly stated in the code and easily ascertained.

...or, did he take a selfie?

Maybe he took a photo of himself in suicide pose right before. For all we know he might've tried to time it the same time to capture it in a pic.

Maybe LD's camera died from lack of charging the battery and K&B were saving their cell's juice to document their "final act".

SBM - I had this exact morbid thought for some reason... Did he sit there awhile and talk to his dead buddy and go a bit delirious before his turn? Ugh, so messed up but it crossed my mind too!
Who knows? KM probably felt at least some relief, I could think. I imagined K&B's dynamic to be a sinister version of that cartoon, with the two dogs, "Hey Spike!" Someone brought it up earlier. And I can imagine KM being like "finally a little effing quiet"...

Could have been seconds between their deaths, minutes, hours even.

SBM - I had this exact morbid thought for some reason... Did he sit there awhile and talk to his dead buddy and go a bit delirious before his turn? Ugh, so messed up but it crossed my mind too!

Me too. I think there was at least a moment of silence and reflection.. Since Kam was found sitting up but slumped over against a tree (if I recall correctly), and Bryer was found lying down a meter or so away. Kam didn't just immediately turn the gun on himself and kill himself, he took at least a few seconds to sit down and do it or he'd have fallen down in to a position similar to Bryers. He took the time to sit down against something, and he was coherent enough to do it. There had to be some sort of thoughts he had during those moments even if they were brief.. I know he might've been out of it at this point but still. Something was going through his mind and it's something we're impossibly trying to imagine.. I'm sure his family can't stop thinking about it either.

This video is 19 seconds long and they describe they are going to shoot themselves;
Just re-reading some posts from WSers when the PC ended. That popped out.

The sentence seems edited to me. Read it outloud and let me know if you agree.

Doesn't it seem like the sentence should or could read "...they describe how they are going to shoot themselves"?

19 seconds is for sure long enough to go into some detail describing the particulars.

Me too. I think there was at least a moment of silence and reflection.. Since Kam was found sitting up but slumped over against a tree (if I recall correctly), and Bryer was found lying down a meter or so away. Kam didn't just immediately turn the gun on himself and kill himself, he took at least a few seconds to sit down and do it or he'd have fallen down in to a position similar to Bryers. He took the time to sit down against something, and he was coherent enough to do it. There had to be some sort of thoughts he had during those moments even if they were brief.. I know he might've been out of it at this point but still. Something was going through his mind and it's something we're impossibly trying to imagine.. I'm sure his family can't stop thinking about it either.
It is reasonable to assume he realized he would only have one go at it. He couldn't afford to merely injure himself, hence, he sits, he measures the rifle against his arm and fingers and he settles in. It would be a real stretch of fantasy to imagine he is reflecting on 'life' … or guilt, or remorse, or regret , or sadness, or grief. The pragmatic thing. The abstract is not for the psychopath. Thinking of God ? no. No such of a thing .

You have to judge people by their lives, and sometimes , by their deaths, as well. Bryer and Kams chosen death, ( not something most 19 yr olds do, they are an aberration in that sense ) was distinctively lonely and asinine, outcasts, totally rejected by their own nation and a few others, judged as vile, useless and outrageously costly. None of this would have crossed their tiny predatory minds.

They were filling in time before they ended their lives with what they wanted most of out life. Killing strangers. …

Now, . .no one knows why that was their source of pleasure, of satisfaction but it was their chosen path and they intended to kill more, except they decided to opt out a bit early. And that is all, really.

There is nothing that even gives a nod that they were into reflection. About anything.

I keep forgetting I was going to say maybe LD was tortured and for some reason I just couldn't get it into words.I also think they felt weak and irrelevant and wanted to do a crime that would shock the world.Like Manson Family did.

The Criminal Code of Canada, section 752, which lays out offenses that may qualify for DO status. Murder is not included, and in fact is specifically excluded:

serious personal injury offence means

• (a) an indictable offence, other than high treason, treason, first degree murder or second degree murder...
Criminal Code

I’m going to leave it at this, but you’re misleading people unnecessarily over a fact that is explicitly stated in the code and easily ascertained.

Just wow; you obviously read something into my original post that was not there and need to keep a grasp on that bone. I gave you a link. I've already stated that one will not be given a DO status for a sole murder, but they can indeed be given one if they also meet any of the other three criteria after being convicted for a murder and the Crown successfully applies for such. That's a fact. Just wow.

Edit to add: Example:

Convicted of Impaired Driving 2000, Convicted of Impaired Driving 2007, Convicted of Murder in 2010 can equal a Dangerous Offender designation due to being a "Habitual" offender. Serial Killers can be (and some have been) deemed DO due to their "Habitual" status (or "Sexual Offender", or "Violent Offender" crime or all three), not a single murder itself.

It isn't the murder itself that garners the designation - it's the other details surrounding their record and crime.

As we all know, it's possible for a sole murderer with no previous record to be sentenced to (maximum) life - that's 25 years with or without parole. That doesn't keep them locked up forever.

Last edited:
I'm really curious about what specific information was given during the technical briefing. What could it have been?

The case isn't that "complex" in the sense that there aren't, for example, finances, holding companies, organized crime, etc involved. There are no airports, criminals crossing borders, fraud, or other things that aren't general knowledge, other than guns and geography.

What do you think they went over?

Does anyone know who gets invited or allowed to go? Would the foreign press who were at the presser go to the TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper